Lipo Chargers

Post anything that does not fit into any of the other forums.
Rich
Average Member
Average Member
Name: Richard Ninness
Car: T2 008, X-6², V12

Lipo Chargers

Post by Rich »

I've been using an Orion Advantage Charger (Lipo one) for a while now. It doesn't have a built in balancer and I've been waiting around 5 months for apexmodels to send me the trakpower v-balance I ordered! (Apparently there's none in stock anywhere).

I'm thinking about changing to a different charger like the Core UDC-20 or Orion Clubman Lipo which both have built in balancers and seem pretty decent for the price. Will I notice a difference going from a 'high end' lipo charger to a cheaper one? (If I was using a balancer with my current charger). I can get hold of the Orion Clubman Lipo charger for about the same price as the balancer on it's own which is why it's quite tempting!

Cheers! :D
Martyn
Name: Martyn Ross
Car: XRAY T4 14

Re: Lipo Chargers

Post by Martyn »

Hi Rich,

I was using the Orion Advantage until recently and have switched to the Orion Race Advantage, similar to the Clubman.

I've noticed no difference in the performance of my Lipo's. The Orion Advantage is quite old now, and back in the day was a high end charger. But every thing has moved on so much since then, and would assume that charging technology has done so too.

Martyn
Rich
Average Member
Average Member
Name: Richard Ninness
Car: T2 008, X-6², V12

Re: Lipo Chargers

Post by Rich »

That's what I was thinking Martyn, I know that with nimh the charger made a big difference to the performance of the cells, wasn't sure if it was the same with lipos though.

Decided to cancel the v-balance order in the end and go for the new core UDC-30 :D