Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

NEW BUGGY TRACK OPENS THIS SUNDAY - 14TH JUNE

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi all,

If anyones intrested in getting alittle more Off-Road Buggy Racing in, theres the Official opening of ROBIN HOOD RACEWAY this Sunday - 14th June.
This Meeting is expected to be extremely busy, not only because its their first Meeting, but its a BRCA 2WD North East Regional Event..........I've already heard theres going to be around 9 Heats!
Even if your Scoring Points in another Region, you can still Enter this Event!.........You'll just be put down as a Guest, which there are atleast 3 Guest Heats so far!

THE TRACK :

SAT NAV - N53.36861 W1.03162

1 mile from Blyth on A634, just off A1. If arriving via the A1 turn off at junction 34 towards Blyth – in Blyth at first junction turn left - go under A1 and bear right at next junction (follow road) about half a mile on turn left into Robin Hood Raceway. When leaving the site take great care when turning onto highway.

CATERING :
Will be available on site from Sandy’s Griddle from early Sunday onwards.

PARKING :
Please park where directed. No Caravans, Motorhomes or Large Vans to be parked in the area facing the Rostrum. Parking arrangements will be more defined on the Weekend.

MAP :

IF YOU HAVE'NT SEEN THIS NEW TRACK, PLEASE HAVE A LOOK AT THE VIDEO LINK BELOW, WHEN IT WAS BEING TESTED A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XemZOAIt ... annel_page
jayst
Name: jamie cheshire
Car: T D . 210,410.408

Re: NEW BUGGY TRACK OPENS THIS SUNDAY - 14TH JUNE

Post by jayst »

would have liked to go but goin kidderminster for 4wd mid-east regional
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Re: NEW BUGGY TRACK OPENS THIS SUNDAY - 14TH JUNE

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi all,

I have to say what an awesome Track......probably the best Track I've ever Raced on! :shock:

A Bunch of us from Hinckley(Dale, Ben, Jb, Paul & me) ended up taking part in the Regional Meeting at Robin Hood Raceway last Sunday, which turned out to be a fantastic days Racing!
The Weather could'nt have been any better & there was a decent turnout of Racers(9 Heats, inc 3 Guest Heats). The Photo & Video that I'd previously posted on here really did'nt do the Track the justice it deserves, the Circuit was of epic proporsions(averageing around 30seconds per Lap), there were 2 different grades of Astro-Turf, one quite thick & the other like a Bowling Green, that had been joined together perfectly.....the Guys at this Venue had really done an awesome job of constructing this Track! :D
It was the usual 4 Qualifying Rounds with your best 2 to Count, followed by Finals. As the day progressed, the grip-levels changed, making it very Challenging to all Drivers. All in all we all had a really good laugh & a great days Racing........I'll definately be going back there again in the future!

Here are some Photos of our Cars, during the Finals at Robin Hood last Sunday(14th June) :

Theres also a Video Link from Sunday as well :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjQ-mU6h4NY