New HRCCC Club Car now available

Retro, 2WD and 4WD
Wacker2
Name: Jon Seals(Wacker2)
Car: TLR 22

New HRCCC Club Car now available

Post by Wacker2 »

Hi all, I have just finished building the new HRCCC club Mardave Cobra 2wd buggy.

This will be available to all new comers that are interested on joining our sport, so spread the word. Very few clubs offer this fantastic opertunity so I think it is great that we have committed the funds and the time in offering this to potential future racers without the expense of buying all the kit first.

I'm not sure if the race fees will be the same for new comers to try out the offroad racing experience using our Mardave Cobra, or whether we would be offering a discount or even the first race meeting free. This will be something that will need to be confirmed by Dale.

I beleive that we will be nominating Mark Stevens as the person to monitor and control the use of the club car, aswell as to maintain it, and so if you have somebody in mind who is interested in using the car then you will probably be better off either discussing it with him or posting your interest on our Forum. We are hoping the car will be under high demand as we want to encourage as many new comers to the club as possible, and so if you fail to notify Mark of your intentions then it could become double booked.

Also, I should point out that the Club Car will be run with the Retro Racers as this will be the most suitable class of racing for it.

This bit is for Dale - check your PM!!!

Few pictures below:

All is good,

Jon!
Hail Ming
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: James Carroll
Car: MM & X2 Evo

Re: New HRCCC Club Car now available

Post by Hail Ming »

You've made a nice job of it Jon...I look forward to seeing it in action in the Retro class.

James
Try 'Quick Silver', the Amazing Silver Can Powered Touring Car Class at HRCCC
Wacker2

Post by Wacker2 »

Ow yeah, and I should point out that I have first dibs on it as my boss wants to bring his son down. Will hopefully be this Saturday and so get your bookings in for the following week onwards.

Jon :D
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dale Knight
Car: TOP Photon

Post by Dale »

Hi Jon (and all),

Firstly Jon, thank you for putting in this effort for the club car, it really does look fab. It is also worth mentioning that Chris from Mardave provided this car at a discount to support us so it is great to see Mardave supporting us in our efforts to promote this opportunity.

(Jon I have some retro racer stickers for the car so make sure you remind me to place these on the shell!!)

Booking the car

If you wish to book the car, you MUST EMAIL ME ON dale.knight@btconnect.com BEFORE the day or racing. If this is not done it will be made available to the first person to contact me on the day. Booking via others will not be considered.

I note that this is reserved for Jon's guest on Saturday so the following week is available. There is no rental charge, just the normal booking in fee. A new charge has been purchased which caters for Lipo and normal cells, however we need some batteries for this please......

Does anyone wish to donate a sets of lipo's??????????

Regards Dale - Chairman
stox217
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Nick
Car: V12

Post by stox217 »

i think its best you dont use lipo because those esc's are renound for being tempermental
may be worth getting two pack's of vapex 6 cell pack's as there priced to sell :D
item number's
(4300's) 220415277069
(3700's) 220415354449
(3300's) 370201692084
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dale Knight
Car: TOP Photon

Post by Dale »

We have gone for Lipos due to ease. I am sure the speedo will be fine but that you for mentioning this.

Jon - can we keep an eye on the speedo to ensure this is ok?

Regards

Dale
Wacker2

Post by Wacker2 »

Just thought I'd put a quick post on here regarding the club car for tomorrow.

The person I was setting up to run the car has fell through for this week and so the club car is going to be available to anybody who wishes to use it tomorrow.

I know its late, and short notice but id thought I'd let you all know.

Looks like this weekends racing is going to be a fantastic success and so I look forward to seeing you all tomorrow

Thanks, Jon!
stox217
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by stox217 »

well lucky enought i had first use
The car felt alright to drive today till it broke :oops:
all what it could do with is 1 speedo either reseting or replacing
2nd those brushing's & plastic replacing in the gear box which mardave should rearly replace free of charge!
Apart from that everything's fine :)
role on next week :D
JamesG

Post by JamesG »

stox217 wrote:2nd those brushing's & plastic replacing in the gear box which mardave should rearly replace free of charge!
Was the plastic bushing put on the idler gear rather than the lay shaft? I know that back in the day when I built mine I put them the wrong way round and the gearbox didn't last long.
stox217
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by stox217 »

well the gear box lasted 2 race's
the brass bushing's and plastic was put in right by jon as he's been racing along time
i think its just poor designing from mardave yet again!
Anyway im now hooked on buggie's and looking for a b4 now :)
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi Stox,

I know that Nick Hudson has just built up an Associated RC10 B4 'Team' Spec Buggy, that he's talking about Selling......I think that he wants around £75 for it, but it is in 'Mint' Condition! If your intrested?
stox217
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by stox217 »

Well all i have at the moment wise is a protrak v10.8 something or other (nimh & nicad) and i have listed up on oOple that i want to trade it for a b4 if that dont work il put it on ebay then get me a b4 in good enough condition :)
hopefully il be up & running soonish :) so il have to give that a miss dean :(
The mad1
Name: keith jacques
Car: associated b4

Post by The mad1 »

nick i have a bk2 you can run if you want to buddy till you can get your b4 :wink: as long as you dont do the same to it as you did to the club car saterday lol :wink: :lol: its all ready to run with a 12t motor in it aswell buddy
stox217
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by stox217 »

Il snap you up on the offer mate i wont be running next week got a wedding to go too so the week after i will :D
cheer's for the offer and it was not my falult it broke it was because i was winning my heat's and bad luck and poor mardave quality too :roll:
The mad1
Name: keith jacques
Car: associated b4

Post by The mad1 »

i know buddy lol i have plenty of spares aswell so we should be ok but all il say is if it breaks ya repair it buddy :wink: