Retro, 2WD and 4WD
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dale Knight
Car: TOP Photon

Re: ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL BUGGY MEETING AT HINCKLEY

Post by Dale »

Just a reminder that there is NO RACING on the 18th July 2009.

Regards Dale
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Post by Wacker1 »

Yesterday(Saturday 11th July) saw ROUND 10 of Hinckleys Off-Road Club Championships.

Due to some Rain on Arrival & through most of the morning, it was was looking as though the Meeting was going to be 'Called off'!........fortunately, a Group of 'Die hard' keen Racers/Members decided to stay, to see if the Weather was going to break.
After around an Hour of waiting, the Sky cleared, leaving us with some Sunshine, so we all quickly Set-up a Track(with the guidance of the 'Slingmaster' Andy :lol: ).
Round 1 of Qualifying saw most of us on the Ballistic Green Compound Tyres, due to the Grass still being Slippy from the Drizzle earlier in the morning, but as each Round progressed & with the help of the warm Sunny Weather, it soon dried out, allowing us to go onto the Schumacher Yellow Mini-spike Tyres, making alot of us Improve right til the end of the Meeting!
There was some good Competitive close Racing in all Finals, so I can safely say everyone involved enjoyed the Meeting!

Thanks again to Dale & Family, for the Weekly BBQ........those Burgers are awesome with the LOG BURNING SAUCE!! :lol:

Another cracking job from Scott, on running Race Control, giving us another Meeting that finished on time 8)

Everyone did a fantastic job of working together, on clearing the Track & Features away :D

Here are some Photos of the Track, from yesterdays(Saturday 11th July) Club Meeting :

If you've already read the NEWS, you'll know that theres NO Club Meeting next Saturday, so see you all the week after, on SATURDAY 25TH JULY.
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Dale »

Hi Dean,

Thanks once again for the report!!

I think in light of the early rain and the fall off of drivers we had a fab meeting and I really enjoyed it.

These meetings run brilliantly due to the work put in by Scott and the drivers making sure we set-up and pack away.

Thanks again to you all for making this year a success so far and lets hope for a little better weather for the weeks to come!

See you all in a couple of weeks with my tan! lol

Dale
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Wacker1 »

Yesterday(Saturday 25th July) saw ROUND 11 of Hinckleys Off-Road Club Championships.

We were lucky enough to have some decent Weather(after a Damp Round 10), so a good enthusiastic bunch of Racers turned up early, to help build the Track.
I think that I can confidently say that the Layout was the Biggest & most Technical this Season! With some really tricky sections, difficult to judge...........mainly the Diagonal parts, as these were awkward to carry Speed through!
The Racing in both Classes(Retro & Competition Buggy Class) were Close & Competitive as usual, with the Track keeping High-Grip allday........so nobody really had any Grip/Traction issues!
Thanks again to Scott for running Race Control....+ his Family, for organising the BBQ(I know it must have been pretty hectic for all of you this week, without Dale there).

Here Are Some Photos From Yesterdays Club Meeting(Saturday 25th July) :

See You All Nextweek :D
Eddystone
Name: Richard Dobson
Car: Tamiya TA05v2IFS

Post by Eddystone »

Nice write up again Dean - I enjoy seeing the photos and reading your views on the weeks racing so keep them coming. Track was interesting and challenging even for the Retros. The long back "straight" curve was never ending and caused some spectacular rolls from you guys with the fast cars. The infield was very tight - layout had us retro racers foxed first time out when we turned left instead of right before the far ramp - I should have put in some practice laps!!

BBQ was first rate thanks to the top stand in chefs. Thank you ladies - hotdogs were delicious this week!

Richard
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Wacker1 »

Today(Saturday 8th August), saw ROUND 12 of Hinckleys Off-Road Club Championships.

It was really good to be back Racing, after last weeks Meeting being Cancelled, due to the Heavy Rain!

Due to Dale & Scott having other Commitments for this Weekend, we were lucky enough to have Hinckley Clubs very own Webmaster BEN McQUEEN running Race Control, which he did a great job allday! Thanks Ben, we all really appreciated you taking some of your spare time to do it :D

Everyone did a fantastic job of Setting the Track up, giving the Club yet again an awesome Circuit! There was a really good selection of 'S' Bends & Chicanes situated around the Layout, with a decent Main Straight at the back, flowing onto a unique 'Roundabout' style section, which came to the Smaller Table Top......this was pretty tricky to get right! The usual Ramps & Rumble Strip were also included in the Layout(a Massive improvement for the Rumble, now we have the NEW Screw type Pegs, to secure it down - thanks again Slinger, for sorting those out :D ). The Larger Table Top was also more awkward than it looked, as it was positioned on an angle + the Grass section, just before it was alittle Damp, giving some Racers Traction issues!

There was another Brilliant Turnout of Racers Today(4 Full Heats!), where the Driving was Clean, Close & Competitive.......as usual, giving everyone involved a Fantastic Days Racing! It was also good to see some Old Faces making a return back to Racing, as well as some New ones too 8)

HERE ARE SOME PHOTOS FROM TODAYS(SATURDAY 8TH AUGUST) BUGGY MEETING :

SEE YOU ALL NEXT WEEK!
Martyn
Name: Martyn Ross
Car: XRAY T4 14

Post by Martyn »

Yep a big thanks to Ben :D with out him it would of been another week not being able to race :( .

Another great effort by all the guys that helped lay the track, and put it away. Must remember to lay an easier one so i dont crash as much next week :shock: .

Martyn
Hail Ming
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: James Carroll
Car: MM & X2 Evo

Post by Hail Ming »

Following on from Dean's and Martyn's posts...the track layout was excellent this week - thanks.
Try 'Quick Silver', the Amazing Silver Can Powered Touring Car Class at HRCCC
Webmaster
The website guy
Name: Ben McQueen
Car: Xray T2 09

Post by Webmaster »

Yeah, Thanks for the support throughout the day and thanks to the people who helped clear the track away.

Ps. The results are going to take a while as the race control laptop is refusing to work (I have the 'touch of death' according to Roger). :shock:
deaks
Name: Scott Deakin
Car: T2 009

Post by deaks »

Well done everyone; especially big thanks to Dean and Ben for volunteering to run the meeting at such short notice! From what I have heard and read you did an excellent job.

It looks like you had as good weather as we did in Eastbourne and a great turn out. I'm now really looking forward to racing my new Brat next week!

BTW did anyone pluck up the courage to run a BBQ after the bar was raised a few weeks ago? ;)

Cheers,
Scott
"Sponge and a bit of Jam"
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Dale »

I don't know Scott - that is fighting talk!!!!!!!!!!! "bar being raised."

I want to also confirm my own appreciation to Ben and Dean and team for making the day a success for HRCCC. I think it was an excellent idea by Dean and its great that Ben was able to step in for us.

I am purchasing a new cooker for Saturday and the BBQ will be put into retirement (if any one wants it let me know). I shall also be looking at doing some cold food for Saturday including cobs etc as this will cater for all taste's.

I also wanted to let you know that I am selling my S2 atomic carbon. If anyone is interested please PM me.

Hope to see you all Saturday!

Regards

Dale
Webmaster
The website guy
Name: Ben McQueen
Car: Xray T2 09

Post by Webmaster »

Results are up. There's some interesting best times in the first two races. :?

Hi Scott,
We haven't touched the BBQ! :P

We had about 21 people booked in but the retro class was quite small.
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi all,

Yesterday(Saturday 15th August), saw ROUND 13 of Hinckleys Off-Road Club Championships.

The Weather was great, there was a fantastic turnout of Racers(Four 9 Car Heats!) & Dale & Scott were back to run the Meeting & BBQ.

Another cracking Track was constructed(with the help of Martyn & Andy/Ben Slingsby), giving a varied selection of fast Sweeping Corners, Chicanes, a long Main Straight, as well as the usual 2 Jumps, Rumble Strip, Large & Small Table Top Ramps........which one of them was at a Diagonal again, making it difficult to judge, specially carrying the Speed from the Main Straight!

The 'Retro' Class was intresting to watch, not only because it had a Full Heat of Racers, but pretty much every Car was different...inc Tamiya Lunchbox's, Hotshot, Baja Champ, Mardave Cobras, to name but a few, as well as a New Recruit to the Retro Heat, in the form of Scott(Race Director), with his Brand New Subaru Brat Pick-up......he looked like he was having fun! :lol:

In the 'Competition' Buggy Class, I would probably say that the Racing was the Closest its ever been! Giving Qualifying Wins to a Different Driver in each Round, making the Overall Qualifying Result too tight to mention! There really was'nt anything in it between the Top 6 Racers, so the Final could have been anybodies!

I think that I can say that everyone invloved, really enjoyed the Race Meeting & left with a smile on their face!

Thanks again to Dale for the BBQ & Scott for a trouble-free Meeting :D

HERE ARE SOME PICS FROM YESTERDAYS(SATURDAY 15th Aug) MEETING :

See you all Nextweek!
Last edited by Wacker1 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Wacker1 »

Thanks to ANDY SLINGSBY, for some Great Photography.......here are some CLOSE-UP Photos from last Saturdays(15th August) 'Competition' Class Buggy 'A' Final :

Ben Bridgwater's Atomic S2

James Ambrose's HB Cyclone D4

Ben Cosgroves Atomic S2

Craig Nutting's Associated RC10 B4

Martyn Ross's Kyosho Ultima RB5

Jon Seal's Associated RC10 B4

Dean Gibbs's Atomic CR2
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Dale »

Hi Guys,

As I am sure you are all aware both Scott and I will be attending the National Touring Car event in Norwich at the weekend so Ben is again running race control. Can I ask you all assist Ben as much as possible and help him set up and clear away etc.

As always I hope the event is as good as the last one and we again have over 30 drivers attending!

Regards Dale - Chairman