Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dale Knight
Car: TOP Photon

Buggy Season starts in May

Post by Dale »

Dear All,

I am pleased to confirm the buggy season will start in May this year and will run each week until the start of indoor racing.

There will be some weeks when racing will not be on (i.e. for junior Nationals day etc) and the calender will be on the website soon.

The ramps are going to be braced to stop bowing and covered in material for extra grip. Also work is underway on a Signature Dunlop bridge to cater for the loop.

Further pins are being purchased for the track to ensure we can have full use of hoses we have and the rostrum is an ongoing project which will be completed in time for the start of the season.

Race fees will be £6 for members and £7 for non-members. Racing from 12 to 6pm, however, in order for this to be run on a weekly basis we ask that ALL drivers come to racing for 11.15 - 11.30am to help build the track etc.

Now drivers, it is your turn now to spread the word and help Hinckley to become known again as a premier venue for weekend buggy racing. I also want to ensure that a significant amount of our members attend the West Mids regionals to ensure we support them as much as they are supporting us this year.

Kind Regards

Dale
Hail Ming
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: James Carroll
Car: MM & X2 Evo

Re: Buggy Season starts in May

Post by Hail Ming »

Hi Dale,

Already spreading the word...posted details of the forth-coming buggy season (ref all classes and the Regional on the 24th May) on Tamiya Club's website forum.

Have you thought about contacting BRCA to see if they can include an ad in their news section?

Des Chand (Radio Race Car) may be able to run an article.

Also...flyers in local model shops. Kits and Bits in Coventry is just down the road from me...Paul gets lots of people in from Coventry's club that might be interested in racing on a Saturday at Hinckley.

Anyone else got any ideas?

James
Try 'Quick Silver', the Amazing Silver Can Powered Touring Car Class at HRCCC
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Dale »

Who sent info to the magazine?

Regards

Dale
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Dale »

Hi Guys,

Just to keep you all informed.

Chris has very kindly started designing the Dunlop bridge and will be completing work on the rostrum over the Easter half term in April, so we are all on track with the outdoor season.

Can we get 10 mins on Saturday to chat about things? I know I said last week but I never got round to it!!

Regards

Dale
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi Dale,

It was me that managed to get the Hinckley Club Summer Buggy Season Advertised in the NEW Radio Race Car Magazine (April Edition) 8)

I had a Chat with Dez Chand & sent all the Details to him a couple of weeks ago :D
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Dale »

Good work Dean.

Now can someone have a think about the rumble strip and maybe have a go at a design and let me know.

Also, what carpet for the ramps etc? Has anyone got any spare?

Regards

Dale
JamesG

Post by JamesG »

Instead of carpet how about astroturf, Broxtowe were giving it away a couple of weeks ago they might still have some
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?p=212383
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Post by Wacker1 »

What about covering the Ramps in Glue, spreading Sand allover them.......once dry, wipe off the access Sand leaving a Grippy Surface! 8)

What about using some fairly thin Sheets of Wood(possibly around 10mm/1/2 Inch thick), screwed down on top of each other in a Spiral/Pack of Cards effect, creating a Semi-Circle? This would make a pretty good Rumble Strip. It could be made in 2 Sections to make it easier to carry onto the Track & be layed on one of the Corners to make it more Challenging :D
It could be Weather-Proofed in the same Black Paint that was used on the Table Top & other Ramps.
Wacker2
Name: Jon Seals(Wacker2)
Car: TLR 22

Post by Wacker2 »

Now thats why your Wacker1... and I'm Wacker2!

Great ideas Dean

Still gonna kick your ass on the grass mace!!!

X6 Jon Seals edition rules!!!
warr2
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Name: David

Post by warr2 »

Sand works ok but kills tyres.- Ever heard of sand paper?

Haven't we got some old bits of carpet in the container?

Out of interest am I the only person round here that disikes rumble strips?

I'd also say that the sheet of wood idea isn't the way to go.

You need a rounded or wedgeshape, not a step. - We regularly have issues with people catching undertrays and chassis on the edgess of our current ramps.
A 10mm wooden step would damage a lot of cars.

How about just pegging down a bit of carpet. - you can then put whatever you feel like underneath to make the bumps.
stox217
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Nick
Car: V12

Post by stox217 »

put some carpet down then some of the drain pipe's you use in the indoor track under neath the carpet??
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Dale »

Hi Guys,

I agree sand would not be the best option. Could someone contact the club selling astro and see if they still have it please?

If not I suggest we may have a spare carpet roll so we could cut this and cover the ramps. The idea was suggested that this would overlap some carpet at the front of the ramp so it can be pinned down as this would help with the lip at the front of ramps. Also the ramps are being braced so to stop bowing as this was the main reason for chassis's catching.

I personally like the idea of the rumble strip. The easy way to make it would be to use some piping covered both sides with carpet and then pinned to the grass.

With the above I think we have sufficient obsticles for the track and plently of work to be done.

I know it was mentioned about holding a buggy meeting on the 21st, however indoor racing will now be on as normal.

Regards

Dale
dogpinkscot
Name: Justin
Car: Atomic S2 Mega Dave

Post by dogpinkscot »

Wacker2 wrote:Now thats why your Wacker1... and I'm Wacker2!

Great ideas Dean

Still gonna kick your ass on the grass mace!!!

X6 Jon Seals edition rules!!!

Im not so sure about this any more jb i think there should be a title challenge :wink:
dogpinkscot
Name: Justin
Car: Atomic S2 Mega Dave

Post by dogpinkscot »

lets not make it over complicated by adding carpet to the jumps just think of the extra weight to carry .my opinion is sand like dean said as for tyre wear you dont spend much time on the ramps to wear out tyres .I think last years tracks worked very well apart from the table top which needed to be taken reel slow or full committment big jump clear the moon(which i prefer)

rumble strips some people like them .Im on the fence there good for slowing a race down .from what ive seen sometimes they take away driver skill and leave what happens to chance or luck.depending on your idea of a rumble strip i think a carpet over a hose is a bit extreme especially when some people are going to be running tamiya frogs

dale i think it would be good to use that spare day as a day to try all this out mate so we dont end up with a bunch of issues come first race day as :idea: