Supporting existing classes

Post anything that does not fit into any of the other forums.
WARRENRYAN
I'm not a brummie I'm a Yam Yam!
Name: WARRENRYAN

Re: Supporting existing classes

Post by WARRENRYAN »

When i have bought the one of jon i will put my hacker 10.5 in and run it of my nosram evil esc which as reverse. But i still think theres a can of worms opening here. ..........nosram dragon motor £39.99...........orion vortex motor £70.00...lrp vector £70.00...novak sspro £70.00.
evil esc.£40.00..........nosram matrix esc £160+ i think that tell you something? for those thinking of buying a motor' yet again the price is just going up for a basic car which only costs you £49.00.....I thought T/C where expensive?
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dale Knight
Car: TOP Photon

Post by Dale »

Hi Warren,

This is currently the direction the Mardave business is going in, as they evolve their offering to allow for Mardave's to go quicker and quicker. The Mardave brushless class has now gone down this route and this is the direction the members wanted to go for on Saturday. Where this will lead?.........only time will tell.

The 10.5t motors being used are over £70, but they will save money over a period of time instead of replacing silver motors.

My advice would be if you are not happy with the brushless class have a go in the standard class.

Regards

Dale
Wacker2
Name: Jon Seals(Wacker2)
Car: TLR 22

Post by Wacker2 »

Warren: "those thinking of buying a motor' yet again the price is just going up for a basic car which only costs you £49.00.....I thought T/C where expensive?"

totally agree warren... the whole mardave thing has got way out of hand. like you said the car cost £49 meaning this is an entry level budget class of racing. If people are talking about brushless systems, diffs, carbon fibre chassis' and more speed then why an earth are people not progressing onto 1/12th racing????????

I just dont get it, never have understood it and probably never will - I just think the Mardave issue at the hinckley club has got out of hand... just as much as the gollywog thing on tv! its daft

I know I dont race Mardave, but if im getting frustrated with the whole thing then I dread to think how the mardave drivers of the club are feeling!

If it aint broke, dont fix it - I've said that before many times on this forum, so why not keep the class as a standard mardave silver canned motor , with a metal chassis and solid axle as the car was designed, and if people do feel they want more speed and more competition then they should stop being prats and progress to a higher form of racing. People say 1/12th is expensive which is why they dont want to race them, but by the sould of thing mardave's are catching us up, fast! (and when i say that i mean in cost, and certainly not in performance, lol)
WARRENRYAN
I'm not a brummie I'm a Yam Yam!
Name: WARRENRYAN

Post by WARRENRYAN »

my point here is for the well fair of all the mardave drivers. having forward only esc is just asking for trouble.
1)..the club needs to tell the drivers with forward only to mark there car's for marshal reason's
2)..big speed diference between the two.
3).. it wont be long before someone moans about sticking forward only esc with forward and reverce esc. which means starting a debate again
STOP IT NOW I BEG YOU ALL :|
I will have a mardave with f/r esc and a diff and a 10.5 motor in it !!
Gazza
Forum Fisherman
Name: GAZZA
Car: Mardave V12

Post by Gazza »

WARRENRYAN wrote:those thinking of buying a motor' yet again the price is just going up for a basic car which only costs you £49.00.....I thought T/C where expensive?
Hang on guys dont blow this out of proportion. . .
The Little Mardave car that cost's £50 or VRX at £90 I think with a silver can or 27 rebuildable is STILL running and is going to be around for ages. So if any one out there reading this please come along and race your bog standard Mardave in the STANDARD CLASS

The BRUSHLESS class is as it says a BRUSHLESS CLASS with REVERSE and a motor limit of 10.5 which is the same as a Mardave System. . thats it.

Why not race 1/12th you say well If there was a 1/12th car that costs £50 and spares around £1.50 say for a front wish bone then you have your answer WHY would people go buy a 1/12th car that I think is around £160 for a cheap one and spares possable the same the 1/12th Manufactor's ruined it along time ago hence the Mardave took off what do you pay for a 1/12th set of tyres (4) where a Mardave set of 4 is £6 for a set of Pinks that work well I have been racing model cars since the 70's and the 1/12th is a MONEY making machine same as 1/8th i.c yep I packed that up due to costs just like 1/12th

So to recap

Mardave both class's require forward and reverse speedo's
you can use a diff in both class's

People will run a 1/12th if they can afford to . .or a 1/12th car costs around the same as running a Mardave