Supporting existing classes

Post anything that does not fit into any of the other forums.
stox217
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Nick
Car: V12

Re: Supporting existing classes

Post by stox217 »

yes i know what your on about that's all i needed to know :D
Gazza
Forum Fisherman
Name: GAZZA
Car: Mardave V12

Post by Gazza »

Sound. . . :lol:
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dale Knight
Car: TOP Photon

Post by Dale »

Hi Guys,

I agee that Mardave are starting to evolve their offering and this is causing issues. If they are not careful they will evolve out of control and loose what has kept them in business for years - the beginners.

Richard is right, as a committee and as a club we are now concerned that our younger members are now in decline and I feel that the current Mardave situation will not help us all in the long run.

The way forwards would be to find a collective view, but everytime we try to debate or forum this we go off on tangents and we never really get to the bottom of it. Frankly in my opinion we seem to need a standard class and a mod class where everyone runs the same, go to 10.5t or 19t seems crazy to me and if we pursue this route we will in the end kill off the class and everyone will loose.

From my understanding now the Mardave system was not up to scratch. OK, I thought that a new upgrade has resolved this? Did you not all send them back for a new mapping system or something?

My opinion is that Mardave needs to fall in line quickly or it will suffer the same as other classes that have gone down this route. I believe that if the Mardave system was improved, then this is what we need to go back to. If not, I suggest a suitable stock replacement be found and incorporated as our modified Mardave class as quickly as possible.

Can someone confirm my understanding of the Mardave upgrade please?

If this is ok now but not as quick as other systems, then I believe we should stick to Mardave, because afterall that was the original plan.

Regards

Dale
Chairman
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Dale »

Hi Rich,

Just for the record my post was not directed at Mardave as I did not know about the cars being tested!!!!

I feel that the discussion it has started will benefit the club though, so thank you for that!

Regards Again!

Dale
Chairman
Gazza
Forum Fisherman
Name: GAZZA
Car: Mardave V12

Post by Gazza »

Dale the problem is this
Gazza wrote:Mardave still the same nothing has changed here

BUT the Technoligy has i/e Brushless / Batterys etc :lol:

I would Never recomend the Mardave Brushless to any one let alone a Novice. . .
Now we all know that the Mardave brushless is quicker than any think else but alas the Sensorless system is a Joke it cost £95 for an on off switch when a wiperboard is alot better and as for the one year testing. . .
also we were told by Mardave its equivalant to a G2 . . . Bloody bullshit

On this info we went out and got a 13.5 brushless system when in fact we should have got a 10.5 IMHO
Guys please dont freak out but lets all have a chat Saturday get there early
I think if Dean tests our theory this week then we can plan forward as Dean and myself have discussed the mardave system its WELL over priced and not worth it a SENSORED one is cheaper and better. Mardave really need to scrap this and go another way but alas I cant see this happening can you.

I think Mardave have a red hearing here and is in MHO (My Honest Opinion ) not suitable for a novice . . yes they have been sorted I beleave as per Matt but unless you have a Computer TX then dont bother. . I think i'm right on this Matt to confirm as it acts like an on / off switch I could go on and on but Will leave it as this till Saturday as to talk in person is a lot better

Edit fri 06

Right People I have just got off the Phone with Chris from Mardave. . .
After a long chat Chris has now explained to me the changes . . .
So to cut down a 30 minute long story the system that I USED is in no way the same. . .
It has gone through a few changes and to be fair
I must put that here to say that it’s changed FROM THE ONE I USED and rightly so
And that he assures me it is a lot better.
And that if I want any info or help I’m only to call or e-mail him and he will help. . .
Also He will bring one up to Hinckley for me to test. . . TOP BLOKE OR WHAT

AND YOU NO LONGER NEED A COMPUTER TX
It will work on a standard none computer set now as well

And on this note . .

Dale wrote:Hi Guys,

1 Richard is right, as a committee and as a club we are now concerned that our younger members are now in decline and I feel that the current Mardave situation will not help us all in the long run.

2 Can someone confirm my understanding of the Mardave upgrade please?

Regards

Dale
Chairman
1 The mardave Standard class is still running I.e G1 & G2

2 yea Bloody crap :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Gazza on Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Dale »

Hi Forum Gaz!

Talk between yourselves on Saturday and I will try and listen in. Ideally we need to come up with a solution / or even some options to go forwards.

Regards

Dale
Mein Furher
dogpinkscot
Name: Justin
Car: Atomic S2 Mega Dave

Post by dogpinkscot »

im reading this post and there is a song going around in my head its an old rave tune and the only words in it were aceeeeed dddd aceeed dddd crayzeee :)
WARRENRYAN
I'm not a brummie I'm a Yam Yam!
Name: WARRENRYAN

Post by WARRENRYAN »

HOW did the mardave issue start again from dale's post :?:
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Dale »

Hi Warren,

Lets hope that Saturday will bring a quick meet and a discussion which will ensure Mardave's moving on in the correct manner.

Regards

Dale
Chairman
WARRENRYAN
I'm not a brummie I'm a Yam Yam!
Name: WARRENRYAN

Post by WARRENRYAN »

Dale....why dont they nominate one person to sort out the rules and stick to them what ever they be......right i nominate justin coz his really big' and i would'ent upset him :P
stox217
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Nick
Car: V12

Post by stox217 »

Yer we need to sort this out ie Standerd g1/g2 also including a 27 turn motor's??
and modifyed ie brushless and all that ie 13.5 and the mardave system put all to have the same speed ie power wise so some one will need to check all the power setting's on the mardave system before they go out and race so ie no Tampering? just my view on thing's
dogpinkscot
Name: Justin
Car: Atomic S2 Mega Dave

Post by dogpinkscot »

has any one got any objections to me running my mardave with a ford pinto on 45 webers this saturday its really quick
warr2
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Name: David

Post by warr2 »

Back to Dale's original point. - Years ago we used to have a thing called an open class. - Basically a single heat for anything that didn't fit in with the established classes.

Typically this would be a couple of monster trucks mixed in with the odd 1/12 / pro 10 as well as anybody who wanted to run an illegal motor.

Maybe time for a ressurection ?

Would quite like to try my buggy indoors some time.
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Dale »

An open class with buggy's and 1/12th - now let me think!!

David is of course completely right - the open class was for everything else as we had classes then that we ran week in and week out. In reality with the diverse cars being considered the open class would not work, unless for youngsters etc, but this is why we have mardave's.

A discussion on Saturday is the way.

p.s. David - note the comments on summer racing - buggy's every saturday this year!

Regards

Dale
Gary K
Getting started
Getting started
Name: Gary Kirkpatrick
Car: Xray T2'008

Post by Gary K »

Hi Dale,

I'm sorry to suggest this but I think you (and Roger if available) should be fully involved in the Mardave discussion this Saturday. These forums are turning the Mardave class into a complete joke and (as already mentioned) are doing nothing to promote the club to newcomers.

Good luck!

Gaz