Supporting existing classes

Post anything that does not fit into any of the other forums.
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dale Knight
Car: TOP Photon

Supporting existing classes

Post by Dale »

Dear All,

As you may or may not know, we are being asked for individuals cars to be run in existing championships and this is not to the satisfaction of all concerned. The committee as ever is very much looking to ensure the members are happy and supported. I therefore wanted to clarify our position on this as a club:

HRCCC Currently support Mardave (please do not ask me what class as frankly even I am confused), Touring car is both 13.5t/27t and modified (wherever possible). We also support 1/12th with a motor limit of 10.5t.

If you wish to run in these classes that is great. If you wish to run a car outside of this class then you need to talk to us first to establish if this is a short or long term plan. I would stress that a long-term plan for me means a class can be formed, otherwise we request you conform to the club rules.

We support Mardave and we are very much at the forefront of the evolution that is hapening at the moment and we are building our 1/12th class. Touring car will always be a strong offering for 13.t/27t, and we do have some world class mod guys using our facility.

We must remember that if we dilute the classes too much we loose competitive situations which can lead to a drop in numbers and interest. If you are unsure what class to support and wish for guidance, please talk to us and we will be more than happy to help.

Regards

Dale
Chairman
Richie
Name: Richard Wilson

Re: Supporting existing classes

Post by Richie »

Hi Dale

Hang on Dale, were talking cars here not morgages. LOL

I agree with you, but I do feel the mardave car has exceeded the boundary of a beginners class which it has always maintained and I think its no coincidence that our new young drivers are in decline. I really don't know where we go from here, but there are several other, cost effective RTR cars coming onto the scene, of which the Carisma is one.

I can't see what harm can be done by running these cars on a trial basis as a form of evaluation, they don't need to score points and could be placed in the lower heats. Afterall Mardaves seem to be being raced at the moment with any brushless motor derivative and no one bats an eyelid and what's more your confused ! You want to try it from this side of the fence, racing for a bit of fun and trying to stay on the pace down the straight.

Personally I'm wondering if we should revert back to a standard Mardave Class raced in its own heat, your involvement here if you felt the same way could probably do some good. At least it would be a level playing field. Does anyone else agree ?
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi Richie,

I can sort of see your point, concerning the Mardave Class, but its Mardave themselves that have caused this, by releasing their own Brushless System.............whether we think its a good or bad thing, they've decided to take a Beginner Class & progress it to the next level...................even if the System is too fast & too expensive for a Beginner!
Richie

Post by Richie »

Hi Dean

I'm glad at least somebody can see my point of view, I was beginning to think I was going insane. Thanks for that.

Valid point thinking about it regarding Mardaves development, I think on reflection your right the car has moved On, onwards and upwards as some say.

I guess that's why I'm so eager to find a beginner replacement but Dale does have a point. (for once)
Gazza
Forum Fisherman
Name: GAZZA
Car: Mardave V12

Post by Gazza »

Mardave still the same nothing has changed here

BUT the Technoligy has i/e Brushless / Batterys etc :lol:

I would Never recomend the Mardave Brushless to any one let alone a Novice. . .
Now we all know that the Mardave brushless is quicker than any think else but alas the Sensorless system is a Joke it cost £95 for an on off switch when a wiperboard is alot better and as for the one year testing. . .
also we were told by Mardave its equivalant to a G2 . . . Bloody bullshit

On this info we went out and got a 13.5 brushless system when in fact we should have got a 10.5 IMHO
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Wacker1 »

For once, I have to agree with Gazza :shock:

A small Group of us have been using the Sensored Design/13.5T Brushless System for a good few weeks now & found them fantastic!
We've found it smooth, precise, reliable & totally maintainance free, as well as giving more Punch & a alittle more Top Speed over the Standard 'Brushed' G2 Motor.
To be honest, I felt that a 13.5T was plenty quick enough in a Mardave, unfortunately though, it does'nt match the Speed of the Mardave System...............I think that a 10.5T would be the equivelent to it though.
Richie

Post by Richie »

Come on think about this chaps, if people start running 10.5 brushless then the brushed lads will needs to stepup to 19t to compete, should we be really taking a Mardave that far ! :shock: I'm trying to encourage restraint here
Last edited by Richie on Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gazza
Forum Fisherman

Post by Gazza »

LOL and I never paid him honest LOL

So Dean or any one else got a 10.5 brushless ( SENSORED ) for me to play / try with on Saturday :twisted:
Gazza
Forum Fisherman

Post by Gazza »

19t brushed ?

Dean. . . thats your fault LOL told ya to keep it Brushless class
stox217
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Nick
Car: V12

Post by stox217 »

So we got the mardave brushed with g1/g2 motor's (out the box car?) then we have a 10.5 class (modifyed mardave's?) mabe include 19turn brushed??? (for new comer's who have tamed the mardave motor but want to try more speed?? but can not splash out on a brushless system?
(Now wait's for people to throw there teddies out of there pram :lol: )
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Wacker1 »

I'm not saying that a 10.5T is the right step(as I'm happy with a 13.5T), I'm just saying thats what would be required with a Sensored Speedo, to be equal to the Mardave Brushless System.

Unfortunately, I only have one 10.5T Motor. :(

Gazza........I'm sure that Warren has a 10.5T Motor spare, as he's recently bought another for his 12th Pan Car!

A 19T Brushed is the equivelent to a 10.5T anyway, so I cant see a problem with these being Raced against each other.
stox217
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by stox217 »

I can see going 10.5 because people like a step up in peformance :D So if we go 10.5 gazza will need his L plate's out again :wink:
Richie

Post by Richie »

You've all lost it, well and truely.

So whatever your on, can I have some :)
stox217
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by stox217 »

So we rearly need to sort out what the mardave's are going to be run as?
Gazza
Forum Fisherman

Post by Gazza »

No matter what you all say and do this is whats running at the club on Saturdays this moment in time
Gazza wrote:4 class's :lol: :lol:

F1 Standard class G1 & G2 motors

F2 Mardave Brushless System

F3 13.5t Brushless system

F4 those that run what ever they want . . . I.E mega wide tyres / Non standard shape chassis etc