What are the best motors, battery's and tyers?

Post anything that does not fit into any of the other forums.
David

What are the best motors, battery's and tyers?

Post by David »

Hi all its Ed. I've just forgotten my user name and password so I'm doing well.

I am looking to come back to racing and was just wondering what motors, batteries and tyres people were using now? And which ones were fastest?

Also I'm looking to racing stock.
Don't ask about cars ...I know nothing.In fact just assume I know nothing about anything..I am sure you won't be far wrong.
David

Re: What are the best motors, battery's and tyers?

Post by David »

Hi Ed ....It's David (but you can call me Dad).

Normally for people starting out think that they need good kit but most beginners only need reasonable kit to start out.... then when they have a bit of experience they can slowly build up to better and better stuff.... perhaps one day you will be good enough to race 1/10th ...but I feel you should start with a Mardave and get some practice in....

Hang on .... you are paying for this with your own money for a change....

OK get the good stuff then.

:D
Don't ask about cars ...I know nothing.In fact just assume I know nothing about anything..I am sure you won't be far wrong.
deaks
Name: Scott Deakin
Car: T2 009

Post by deaks »

Hi Ed,

Conor and I are copying Dale, since his car was balistic a few weeks ago after he bought a new motor and LiPo's! (all gone downhill since though.... :wink: )

1. Nosram Storm Evolution 13.5T Motor (sintered rotor)
2. Orion 3800 30C LiPo batteries.
3. VTEC 27 Tyres (already have these, but getting more for spares, they seem very consistent)

Several of the other top guys (Gary/Martyn) use the Trakpower LiPo's (again, 30C I believe). I have also noticed that some also run VTEC 30's.

HTH,
Scott
"Sponge and a bit of Jam"
Gary K
Getting started
Getting started
Name: Gary Kirkpatrick
Car: Xray T2'008

Post by Gary K »

Hi Ed,

Battery - Defo go for the Orion rather than the Trakpower, we switched after only a couple of weeks and the Orion definitely gives more punch.

Tyres - yep, VTEC 27s. Much More Absolute R32's are also great if you can get any!

Motor: Martyn, Dean and myself are currently running the Orion Vortex but I think i'd recommend the Nosram as I've heard its slightly quicker...

Gaz
Martyn
Name: Martyn Ross
Car: XRAY T4 14

Post by Martyn »

The Novak's are pretty nippy too, but if you are running Nosram/LRP speedo then i would go for the Nosram/LRP 13.5T. Timing on the motor will complement the speedo, so saves playing around with timing on other branded motors to get the best performamce.

See you on the track!

Martyn