1/12th heat championship.

Post anything that does not fit into any of the other forums.
WARRENRYAN
I'm not a brummie I'm a Yam Yam!
Name: WARRENRYAN

1/12th heat championship.

Post by WARRENRYAN »

Hi all. i was speaking to some 1/12th pan car drivers saturday about a day to day heat championship. Also i had put this idea to roger and dale which they both did not have a problem with.In the next indoor season i will be monitering the 1/12th heats to see which driver wins on the day. Then that drivers name will be placed on a score card at week (1) on week (2) that winning driver of week (1) will have to defend his or her title and try to keep his or her name in the box on the score card for week (2) This will continue all through the season untill week (13). the driver who makes it in the box at week (13) is the winner of the trophy. Also there will be a (2nd...3rd) trophy for the runners up. on week (13). The trophys will be kindly supplied by eric of CONCEPT RACING. This does not mean the 1/12th heats are exempt from the normal championship. And also it does not go on a score record just a drivers name! As the saying goes "you have to be in it to win it". If you win in week (6) and you are not there at week (7) you have lost. And the winner of week(7) is placed in the week (7) box. And if the same driver as his or her name in the box for weeks (1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..9..10..11..12) and is not there to race on week (13) then that driver has lost his or her name and a new name is placed in the box. Now at the moment this is only to run for the 1/12th pan cars not for the T/C.. MARDAVE.
:cry: SORRY! If this runs ok then perhaps the T/C and mardaves could have this for there heats aswell :P please give your views?
Gazza
Forum Fisherman
Name: GAZZA
Car: Mardave V12

Post by Gazza »

Last edited by Gazza on Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
WARRENRYAN

Re: 1/12th heat championship.

Post by WARRENRYAN »

Well gaz! Having other views on this topic is good And many thanks for it. it helps finding any faults in this issue. so this is what i propose. looking over 1/12th season records there as been 11 drivers regularly turning up to race some missing a couple of weeks here and there and some racing for a few weeks and then going over to mardave or T/C. But these drivers do come to the club every week to race :P This will be base on a A final heat only (1 heat) I am going to put these names on the card which i think covers most of the 1/12th pan drivers. Then when the indoor season starts its only between them drivers. its called keeping it in house. so if there is any drivers wanting to race pan you have got plenty of time before its starts again.

drivers names:
warren arnold
andy lappin
jamie cheshire
eric wilcock
charlotte knight
liem galvin (with pan car)
dean gibbs
jon seals
james carvell
richard wilson

if there is any body i have missed or you want to have a go please let me know before the next indoor season.
Martyn
Name: Martyn Ross
Car: XRAY T4 14

Post by Martyn »

Have you been consulting with Bernie Ecclestone on this one!!!

Martyn
WARRENRYAN

Post by WARRENRYAN »

who's bernie ecclestone?
deaks
Name: Scott Deakin
Car: T2 009

Post by deaks »

Short guy who runs F1! Well, actually it's suposed to be the FIA, but Max kinda let the side down earlier this year (along with his pants....) :D
"Sponge and a bit of Jam"
Richie
Name: Richard Wilson

Post by Richie »

Hi All

I think its all well and good trying to "keep it in house" but the proplem is in my view it deters others from joining the championship once it has started. To be perfectly frank isn't the reason why we have 8 scoring out of 13 to enable those who maybe missed to first couple of heats to enter the competition late and still stand a chance at winning, a well as of course to accommodate those that cannot make every meeeting because of work committments or whatever.

Whilst talking to our other fellow racing colleagues at Bedworth the other day they were discussing awarding double points to the last round/rounds of a championship to encourage people to attend right up to the last meeting, obviously any close scoring rival would during these rounds stand a higher chance of overtaking somone that didn't attend the double point scoring meeting.

This seems like a good idea to me and I think goes someway to achieve what Warrens intending without imposing what I percieve as a restriction which could deter people from racing.
WARRENRYAN

Post by WARRENRYAN »

Hi richie. having double points at the end of the season. do'h why did'ent i think of that. :oops: This in house championship is'ent based on points as you are aware' it goes on a week to week trophy. And we are looking to get the numbers up on the pan cars for the next season. when trying out new ideas you will always have faults which need to be addressed.IE: having someone turn up on week 13 and taking the trophy' that just would'ent be fare would it. I would hate to leave anyone out of this championship' so thats why im going to get it started as soon as possable. So if there is anybody who wants to have a go please put your name on the forum.

REMEMBER' YOU DONT KNOW ME. YOU WILL ONLY KNOW' OF ME.
Wacker2
Name: Jon Seals(Wacker2)
Car: TLR 22

Post by Wacker2 »

I just dont get it... why do one thing for 1/12th racing and not for mardave or touring car or whatever other class that races??? all you're doing is alienating 1/12th drivers by making them different to everybody else - and complicating things. "If it aint broke... dont fix it!!!"

Having a championship where your best 8 rounds count has worked over the HRCCC years, so why change it???

Jon Seals!
WARRENRYAN

Post by WARRENRYAN »

Hi jon. hope you had a nice xmas and you where a good boy for santa and got what you wanted..RIGHT! this in house championship is not cutting out the narmal best of 8 round championship' it will be running separately to it. Put your name on the card and if you are the overall winner on the day your name will go in week 1 box and then the rest of the season 13 weeks that is. You have to keep winning every week to keep your name in the box. if your off one week or you lose somebodys elses name goes in. come week 13 the winner on that day takes the trophy home. :lol:
Richie
Name: Richard Wilson

Post by Richie »

So a person might win 12 weeks in succession and then on the 13th week after a car failure say loses to someone else who then claims the tropy. Yes I can see that this seems fair !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think someone could easily feel cheated by this.
Richard
Gazza
Forum Fisherman
Name: GAZZA
Car: Mardave V12

Post by Gazza »

Last edited by Gazza on Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
WARRENRYAN

Post by WARRENRYAN »

"Well i think it time to spit my dummy out and say". the in house championship is not going to happen and its now CLOSED!!! thank you!