Continued growth of club class Pan cars (1/12)

Post anything that does not fit into any of the other forums.
Hail Ming
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: James Carroll
Car: MM & X2 Evo

Re: Continued growth of club class Pan cars (1/12)

Post by Hail Ming »

Following on from Dale's post regarding racing etiquette, I have a few comments in support.

These comments are not directed towards anyone in particular, but offered as a reminder and in the interests of improving the racing experience for everyone.

1. In heats, please be aware that you are racing against the clock and not other racers...if there's someone faster than you, let them past. However, in the final, you are racing each other and it is legitimate for to defend your position...race hard, but be fair to each other.

2. Slower cars, please move off line to allow faster cars (in heats) or lapping cars (in finals) to pass...an accident costs you more time than being courteous.

3. Conversely, faster (heats)/lapping (finals) cars please be patient and annouce your intention to pass slower cars...overtaking on a slow speed corner is easier and safer for both racers. Give some direction to the slower car, such as "lapping green car at the end of the straight"...thank the racer for letting you past. (Perhaps race control could assist by annoucing approach of faster cars - I've seen this work well at nitro truck nationals).

4. If you have an accident with someone, apologise to them. If someone crashes with you...be gracious and accept their apology.

5. In the event of an accident, make the other drivers aware so they can avoid you. It would be useful if the marshalls/race control could also help with this.

6. Starting grid 'first corner pile up' syndrome...I know everyone's pumped up for the race, but give each other some room for the first lap. There's nothing more frustrating than qualifying well only to be last by the end of the first lap.
Try 'Quick Silver', the Amazing Silver Can Powered Touring Car Class at HRCCC
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dale Knight
Car: TOP Photon

Post by Dale »

OK Guys,

I feel this forum posting has run its course now. Again I stress that I want to see positive comments only.

Thanks

Dale
Wacker2
Name: Jon Seals(Wacker2)
Car: TLR 22

Post by Wacker2 »

In response to Blueskyshlg's post... I dont know who you are and so cannot call you by your name!

Regarding people knowing or not knowing who Dean and I are... I dont mean to be funny but both Dean and myself have been racing at the club for many many years, longer than alot of the members now, and I am sure 99% of people there know who we are - as far as the 1/12th drivers are concerned they do know who we are and I dont think it was an arogant statement I made to suggest this. However, this is not a popularity contest and so I apologise if it came across that way!!!

Now to set you straight on a few things - firstly we did not justify, or feel the need to justify why last week we ran 6.5turn motors! we made if very clear to Roger that we were running them because we wanted to have the opertunity to see how the extra speed felt, and argued at length to have both Dean and Myself to run a seperate heat for ourselves, or to have the 9 racing 1/12th cars split into 2 heats to avoid collisions. This request was turned down! However, raising this point over and over again is incredibly narrow minded of everybody, as WE ONLY RACED MODIFIED FOR ONE WEEK!!!

Regarding the comments made about charlotte I would urge you to read my email again and get your facts right! In fact, you seem to find reading alittle difficult and so I'll say it again for you! the comment I actually made about Charlotte, and I quote: "she has improved amazingly as she has been driving over the years and for her age she really has fantastic driving skills and abillity and definately one to watch for the future, but I still cant help but feel that she does not yet have the high racing abillity and precision skills to be racing such a class". So, at what point did I say that she lacked the EXPERIENCE to drive 1/12th??? quite simply, I didn't, experience is irrelevant as it is the skills and racing abillity that people possess that makes any difference! 1/12th racing is a precision form of racing and not for beginners!

And yes, she is racing a legal motor... and up to last week so was I (you all seem to have conveniently forgotten that!). and to remark on your comment "Mr Seals it seems that you have no time for people that are not as good as you say you are." - I have time for everbody, I've helped many people out with spare parts or handling tips whenever asked... I dont class myself as a good driver, I class myself as an average club driver but if you look over the race results for the last 7/8 weeks you'll see that I am alot better than everybody else. ** ITS A FACT, NOT A STATEMENT OF 'SELF GRATIFICATION'!!!*

As far as showing disrespect for shouting on the rostrum... exactly how much respect do you think I get given when you guys now openly admit to not letting me by, and also openly admit to taking me out - or Harpooning as Richard Pacey put it! this is 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. I shouldn't shout, and you guys should allow a faster driver through without taking them out. In other words, if you guys gave me alittle respect on the track then I wouldn't have any reason to shout abuse... WOULD I?!!!

Now to discuss last weeks racing... Although I didn't race last week, I did pop down to speak to a few people and from what I saw it was not close, it was not competitive, it certainly wasn't clean racing - the difference was that you were all colliding with each other and so couldnt focus all your excuses at two people, dean and I! And instead of making the statement of "WHAT A DIFFERENCE A WEEK MAKES"... why dont you just come out and say what you mean, what a difference it makes without Jon Seals in the race! Quite frankly I feel I'm being pushed out of my own club, and I hope you're all proud of yourself for that! So i'll take this opertunity to state for the record that I will never be racing 1/12th at Hinckley Radio Controlled Car Club again.

The problem with the club over recent years is the standard of driving has significanlty dropped. This used to be a very good club, with high standard of driving which used to attract the odd guest appearances from Andy Moore and the likes, as well as having alot of the top team sponsored drivers race on a regular basis. So where have they all gone? I'll tell you where, somewhere else that offers the competitiveness that they desire - and not was is essentially turning into a beginners club!!! I feel that Ben Crosgrove only races there because Roger runs the club - if this was not the case would Ben have followed all his fellow races... who knows!

I know I've made some bold statements in this, and I know some of them will piss alot of people off but to be honest, things needed to be said!

I shant be responding to any more posts on here because frankly, I've got better things to do!

Jon Seals!
Webmaster
The website guy
Name: Ben McQueen
Car: Xray T2 09

Post by Webmaster »

Dale wrote:OK Guys,

I feel this forum posting has run its course now. Again I stress that I want to see positive comments only.

Thanks

Dale
Topic Locked.