2WD ELECTRIC BUGGY RACING OVER THE SUMMER

Post anything that does not fit into any of the other forums.
Daz Lee
Average Member
Average Member

Re: 2WD ELECTRIC BUGGY RACING OVER THE SUMMER

Post by Daz Lee »

Yes, No probs. Got a 50m extension as well so we can put it miles away..!

Now how do I book in.? I am guessing these 'out of touch' buggy people haven't got a central booking type setup.?
If I drive it, I crash it!
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi Daz,

To 'Book in' for this Sundays 2WD Off-Road Meeting at Kidderminster, you just need to go onto the BRCA Website, click on the 1/10th Off-Road section, then click on the 'Race Info' section, then you'll see the LINK to the BRCA Mid-West Region Website, in the Resources section. You can then Email your entry to: entry@brca-midwest.co.uk.
You need to Email the following Information :
NAME :
BRCA No :
MEETING DATE :
CRYSTALS :
CLASS(2WD or 4WD)
LICENCE GRADE :
If its anything like last year, it should be a really good Meeting......I'm looking forward to it already!

deaks
Name: Scott Deakin
Car: T2 009

Post by deaks »

warr2 wrote:I am trying very hard not to be interested in running offroad on the 17th, as it would mean I would have to purchase 6 cell packs / tyres / motors etc. for 2 drivers, and I'm trying to reduce my expenditure at the moment.

A certain 8 year old has other ideas though.

Worryingly, instead of telling him to shut up, I'm wondering about the feasibility of running on 4 cells with an 8T.

David,

I can lend you a few spare cells - mainly GP 3300's if you want. I think we might also have some GP 4300's.

On another note, what classes do we intend to run Dale? I had a look at Coventry and they seem to run 27T or Modified. I am interested in starting out in the stock class first, but if everyone is running mod, then I guess I'll lump in with the masses.

Cheers,
Scott
"Sponge and a bit of Jam"
JamesG

Post by JamesG »

I'm not sure if my PM's are working so I'll post here.

Dale - I'm interested in one of the motors you are trying to sell

Tom - Can you give me some more info about the XXX, i'm possibly interested in the car, but I'm definately interested in cyclone speedo and tyres.

If you can email me at Bungleaio@tiscali.co.uk it would be appreciated.

James
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi Scott,

Obviously, I cant really answer on Dale's behalf, but I think that creating a 27T Stock Class & a Modified Class, is'nt a good idea for Buggy Racing. My reason being, that nobody knows exactly how many Racers will regularly turn up for the Hinckley meetings at JCC yet..........I would say that the main aim is to encourage as many Racers as possible to attend, & enjoy the novelty of Racing in the 2WD Electric Buggy Class, which many people have NEVER experienced before.
If, after a month or so, the Club has 4Heats+, on a regular basis, of Buggy Drivers, then having a STOCK Heat is'nt a problem!.....Eventhough, like I said on a previous Post, running a 27T Stock Motor is really slow in a Buggy, as the GRASS Track causes alot of drag!......& having an extremely fast Modified Motor can be a liability in Off-Road Racing, as it can easily flip your Car on its roof, if you hit a Pothole or Bump at speed! The idea is really, to make a sensible choice when picking a Motor, like a 19T Stock if your a beginner, & around a 12T Modified, when you've really gained some confidence & experience in your Car & yourself!
ALL of the Buggy Events & most Clubs now, only have 1 Class for 2WD Electric Buggies.......with NO Motor Limit!.....which seems to work very well.
Daz Lee
Average Member
Average Member

Post by Daz Lee »

Hi David,

If you are not keen on 'borrowing' cells....I have 6 x 6 cell packs of Schumacher XVS GP3300's that are going very very cheaply.

I have had these for a while now, but have decided to have a clearout/tidyup and just want rid. How about £3.00 a pack? If you want all 6 then £15 for the lot.

Let me know
Thanks
Daz
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dale Knight
Car: TOP Photon

Post by Dale »

On the subject of classes - I think Dean has covered this well.

I think anythign less that 19t may be a little slow.

Charlotte races various motors and I just turn down the high point on the transmitter to suit, just like I do on saturdays. I shall be on hand on the day to advise those which need a little guidance.

James - I have motors so don't worry - Let me know on the day and I will bring my iron etc to fit in the car.

Regards

Dale
deaks
Name: Scott Deakin
Car: T2 009

Post by deaks »

Hi Dean,

Are you racing at Coventry this Sunday (11th May)? If so, would you be willing to keep an eye on Conor? I will be away for that meeting, but his Dad may drop him off if someone is willing to make sure he is okay. He's pretty competent at fixing things, but sometimes needs a little help with the more complex stuff.

Cheers,
Scott
"Sponge and a bit of Jam"
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi Scott,

Yes, A bunch of us from the Hinckley Club are planning to do the Race Meeting at the Coventry Club this Sunday(11th), as we could all do with the extra practice.........in preparation for the Hinckley Clubs first Buggy Meeting on the following Saturday(17th May).

I'm sure that we could all keep an eye on him & help him out if he has Car problems.

I spoke to fair few Electric Buggy Racers at the Regional in Kidderminster last Sunday, & they said that they were Racing at Coventry this Sunday, so there should be a pretty good turnout of Drivers..........so it would be good to see as many faces from the Hinckley Club, as possible......the more the merrier!
JamesG

Post by JamesG »

Dale wrote:
James - I have motors so don't worry - Let me know on the day and I will bring my iron etc to fit in the car.
Cheers dale but I've managed to source a brushless setup so i won't be needing the motor.
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi Tom,

Has your friend still got the Losi XXX BK2 Buggy For Sale?

If so, how much is he asking for it?

Regards,

Dean.
Daz Lee
Average Member
Average Member

Post by Daz Lee »

Hi Tom,

Can you tell me if you still have the XXX Tyres? If you do, can you please tell me what they are (Compound and Type). Also, how much are you wanting for them?

Thanks
Daz
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Dale »

I have XXX wheels and tyres.
warr2
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Name: David

Post by warr2 »

thanks for all the offers of cells etc.

Much appreciated.

Is anybody likely to see Thomas Crowfoot, at all ?

(at least I think it's Thomas Crowfoot. - Young lad, recently swapped from Mardaves to an Xray.)

Borrowed a ko servo off me just before the end of the indoor season, which I'd quite like back.
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Dale »

Hello Everyone,

There has been some off forum discussion about start times for saturday racing - I had orginallly suggested an early start and therefore earlier finish, but many seem to prefer a midday start now.

What I would suggest is that we get to JCC for around 10.30am to help with the first meeting and get set-up etc. By the time we get our bearings etc we wont be starting anything till after 12.30 on the day anyway.

If anyone has a really long extension lead to bring with them, that would help. Weneed to get power from hall to race control! If you all bring what you have we may be able to avoid car batteries which would be a massive bonus.

We have been advised that BIG cars cannot go onto the grass, so I suggest we park in the same place and then work out where to set-up shop.

GAIL HAS THE CLUB GAZEEBO, SO IF WE WANT TO USE THIS SATURDAY, SOMEONE WILL NEED TO COLLECT IT FROM HER HOME AS THEY CANOT MAKE THIS FIRST MEETING - PLEASE ADVISE ME IF YOU ARE THINKING OF POPPING OVER TO GET IT!!

I shall be brining my tent, so this will be used for me and race control etc.

I hope we get as many as possible supporting this trial meeting and I really cannot stress how important it is that we have a large number of you there early to help us. Both Scott and myself will be there from 9.30am anyway, but if you want this to be a success, you need to be pitching in as well. Those who want to turn up and race and then go home without helping are not welcome and will be advised - you have been warned.....

Let's get HRCCC back on the map as a buggy club once again and we CAN do this with YOUR support. West Mids Regionals have already advised me that they will allow us to host a round of the regionals next year!!!

Regards Dale :P