2WD ELECTRIC BUGGY RACING OVER THE SUMMER

Post anything that does not fit into any of the other forums.
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Re: 2WD ELECTRIC BUGGY RACING OVER THE SUMMER

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi all,

I understand that it can be difficult for Racers, with the Hinckley Club holding Meetings every other Saturday, as People tend to plan things for their Weekends in between, personally though, I would prefer it we held Buggy Meetings every Saturday, as this would get everyone into a weekly ROUTINE of Racing(like the Winter Season), it would give David Warr, Justin/James Baker & other Racers, more of a chance to make the Meetings & we'd have alot more Off-Road meetings crammed into a reletively short Outdoor Summer Season(as we go back Indoors on Saturday 6th September).
If this is'nt possible(due to Racers not wanting it OR Dale & Scott having other commitments), then I would say that we should definately move Hinckley Clubs 5th Buggy Meeting to next Saturday(5th July), because if we dont, the Hinckley Club Meetings will CLASH with Coventrys for the rest of the Summer Season!.......which WILL cut numbers.

By the way, the Coventry Club always had on their Website Calender, that THIS Weekend & NEXT Weekend would be Track Maintainance Days.........then resorting back to Racing every other Weekend.

Maybe all of us Racers should have got together at the beginning of the Buggy Season & discussed with Dale & Scott, about having some OFFICIAL Race Dates, so we could have then posted a Summer Race Calender, onto the Clubs Website.......making sure there ALL on alternate Weekends to Coventry Club.

Wacker1
Last edited by Wacker1 on Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
deaks
Name: Scott Deakin
Car: T2 009

Post by deaks »

Hi Dean (and everyone else),

I have just posted a poll to get an idea of who wants to change the race meetings at:

http://hinckleyrccc.co.uk/phpforums/vie ... ?f=3&t=404

Just want to get a real quick feel for the numbers really.

Cheers,
Scott
"Sponge and a bit of Jam"
deaks
Name: Scott Deakin
Car: T2 009

Post by deaks »

Hi All,

After discussion with Dale it looks like running a meeting this weekend is going to be difficult due to other commitments on both our parts. Since there has been quite a few people wanting the dates changed, we have decided to propose the following:
  • 5th July - No Meeting
  • 12th July - JCC Meeting (Coventry Club Meeting next day)
  • 19th July - JCC Meeting (Coventry Regional Meeting next day)
  • 26th July - No Meeting
  • 2nd August - JCC Meeting
  • 9th August - No Meeting
  • 16th August - JCC Meeting
  • 23rd August - No Meeting
  • 30th August - JCC Meeting
There are still 2 conflicts above, but Dale and I feel this is acceptable. It's also beneficial to change since otherwise we lose 2 race meetings. 1 at the end and 1 during the weekend of the 26th when we are both on holiday. In other words, if we don't change there will only be 3 more race meetings.

Hope this all makes sense! :D

Cheers,
Scott
"Sponge and a bit of Jam"
Martyn
Name: Martyn Ross
Car: XRAY T4 14

Post by Martyn »

Hi Scott & Dale

Looks good to me seeing as I wouldn't be able to make the 5th any way :D

Martyn
Wacker2
Name: Jon Seals(Wacker2)
Car: TLR 22

Post by Wacker2 »

Hi Scot & Dale,

Those Race Dates for the Hinckley Clubs Buggy Meetings look fine to me...........eventhough I'm well disappointed about there not being a Race Meeting at JCC this Saturday(5th July).

Wacker2
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dale Knight
Car: TOP Photon

Post by Dale »

Dear All,

I am ordering the club tee shirts soon.

They will be black with white writing. The left breast will read Hinckley Model Car Club and our website will be on the rear shoulders.

They will costs £10-12 each and I have arranged for a higher qualty top which would normally cost £17-18 each.

Sizes will be S,M,L,XL,XXL.

We are looking for as many interested parties as possible to pre-order theirs, as this keeps the costs down for a bigger order. If you want to do this, can you drop a note on the forum please?

The ramps are underway,so lets hope we can have this sorted by the next meeting.

Regards

Dale
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Dale »

Hi Guys,

Will have B4's and a Losi XXX for sale with spares if interested.

If you know anyone looking for some good kits with or without electrics etc let me know.

Regards

Dale
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi all,

I'd just like to say that Dale did a fantastic job holding Hinckley Clubs 5th Buggy meeting today.......& thank Scott for spending allday clearing out the rubbish in the Clubs Container, in preparation for the NEW Ramps.

Personally, I thought that todays Track was not only the most challenging so far(probably due to the LARGE RAMP), but the best Circuit that we've built! Having the Large Jump where we went back on ourselves made it intresting when all the Buggies were close together.........with collisions in the back of Racers minds! I hope we can have something like this on the next meeting.

It'll be really good to actually have a NEW Ramp over the Loop on the main straight, for the 6th Meeting, as it did create a few problems for Racers today. A Table Top Ramp will also make it more intresting.

Here are some PHOTOS from Todays Buggy Meeting(12 th July) :

warr2
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Name: David

Post by warr2 »

Re the jump in the middle of the straight.

If we have enough cable to do it I would suggest moving the ramp to the start of the straight instead of the middle.

This would have several benefits, and is how we always used to run at the boy's club.

There would be room for a full finals grid on the straight.

It's more interesting to drive, because you are still exiting the corner as you hit the ramp.

Any accidents when you get it wrong , or the ramp has warped would be smaller due to the lower speed.

And finally if you want to run BRCA events you aren't allowed to have a jump in the middle of the straight!! (Rule 14.7).
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

We dont have the ramp in the middle of the straight! Coventry have a ramp 3/4 or a 1/4 which ever way you look at it down the straight and thay run BRCA meetings...

Any way... more importantly we could do with a couple dozen more pegs, as our quality tracks are causing a shortage :P

Martyn
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi all,

Martyn, Jb, Paul & me had a cracking days Racing at the Coventry Club last Sunday. The Weather was great & it was well busy! We were running on the Grass Track, which was good Practice for us, in preparation for this Saturdays Meeting at the Hinckley Club. They had an awesome Triple Jump, that was possible to clear, with the right throttle control! As well as a Table Top section towards the centre of the Circuit.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the NEW Table Top Ramp & Transponder Loop Ramp for Hinckleys Meeting this Weekend(2nd August), which should make it even closer Racing!

Here are some Pics of the Rostrum & Triple Jump at Coventry Club last Sunday(27th July) :

Last edited by Wacker1 on Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Good air :P

Who said 2WDs with a rear mounted motor cant fly!!!
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Dale »

Hi Guys,

I shall be running the meeting on my own on Saturday, so I will need the normal faces to concentrate on getting the track out on their own.

I can confirm that Chris will be bringing the ramps over first thing for the meeting and I am also looking forward to seeing the new additons to the outside racing.

The next project will be the rostrum, however, I feel that this is something we can do for the start of next years racing.

With holidays and people being away, it is crucial that we get as many as possible racing on Saturday, so please spread the word so we get a good turn-out again!

Other than that I will see you all on Saturday!!

Regards

Dale
warr2
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Name: David

Post by warr2 »

1 request please.

Loved the big cross over jump last meeting I attended - don't know what th new jumps will be like but if we are going to put in any jumps of similar size can we make sure there is some sort of a down ramp?

Don't want to sound like a killjoy but discovered when I came to rebuild my xxx that I have a crack running through the bracing on the chassis where it has bent excessively. - Am pretty sure it's the jump that's caused it.

Not sure if I'll be there saturday as am having 1 or 2 build issues with my new car, and will be touch and go as to whether it's built.
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Dale »

Just two points David:

1. Dont drive so fast over the jump and you will be fine...

2. What car are you building?

Regards

Dale