2WD ELECTRIC BUGGY RACING OVER THE SUMMER

Post anything that does not fit into any of the other forums.
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dale Knight
Car: TOP Photon

Re: 2WD ELECTRIC BUGGY RACING OVER THE SUMMER

Post by Dale »

Hi Daz,

I understand with the ranp comments and plans have already been discussed. At the moment we are getting around 20 drivers each week and if we could get more we would have more say in spending cash etc. I am trying to balance the requests to the committee at the moment, baring in mind the rostrum will be expensive.

I am working on it.

regards

Dale
Wacker2
Name: Jon Seals(Wacker2)
Car: TLR 22

Post by Wacker2 »

Hi all,

Personally, I think that upgrading the Ramps is more of a priority than the Rostrum situation, as the current Ramps are starting to cause problems for Racers & could seriously break someones Car. Having a selection of NEW Ramps, inc a Table Top may also encourage Racers from other Clubs to attend our Club Meetings, as it will make the Track look more proffessional & make the Racing more competitive.

Don't get to comfortable Dean..........I'm your destroyer!

I'll be back for the next Meeting(28th June) :D

Regards,

Jb
Martyn
Name: Martyn Ross
Car: XRAY T4 14

Post by Martyn »

Not one to cause controversy… but sorry I have to disagree their guys. As much as I would like to see some new fancy ramps I would have to say the rostrum is priority, the ramps we can take out to prevent damage. But we cant stop people slipping and sliding down the bank which could cause injury, and I’m led to believe that the new base for the rostrum will include some sort of path way? Maybe Dale could expand on the rostrum plans?

I do feel we should replace the current warped ramps though, can’t be too expensive for some ½ inch ply and 2x2. Sure a couple of us would be willing to get together to knock them up?

Martyn
(Wacker wanna be!)
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi Martyn,

I think that the original idea of the Cabin on the field, with a Rostrum built on the roof, has now gone out the window, due to John Cleveland College not allowing this........not sure why, maybe health & Safety issues?
I think that the only other option is to have a PROPER pathway made, down the Grass slope, to where we currently stand as the Rostrum, & have either a Decking section built OR a Concrete level slab embedded into the inbankment........which would work pretty well & be far cheaper than the Cabin idea anyway. As Chris Child is involved with the Club & a Builder, I wonder if he'd be intrested in constructing this?......Subject to permission from the College of course.

As for the Ramps.....it IS very important that we atleast replace the Ramp covering the Lap Counting Loop, as we cant use any of the current Ramps we have to temporarily replace this, due to them being smaller & not covering the width of the main straight of the Track, which is wider than the rest of the Circuit.
If we end up getting the get the go-ahead from the Commitee, on building some new Ramps, then we may as well have some decent, heavy-duty ones made, that are treated for all-Weather conditions & will last.......specially if the the numbers of Racers keep increasing & the possibility of the Hinckley Club holding a Mid-West Off-Road Buggy Regional next Summer........it would be money well spent!

Cheers.......wanna be a Wacker Guy! :D

Dean.
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Dale »

Hi Guys,

This is where we are:

RAMPS - We have the support of the club to have these organised and built etc, but I must give Chris first option on building them as he will not charge us and he builds all the bits for the track etc. If Chris is unable to do this then I shall approach Dean and arrange for his chippy mate to build us the appropriate ramps for the track and I would hope we wil have them in time for the 28th June.

ROSTRUM - I have met with the college and a permanet fixture is not an option for us at this time, however, after speaking to many of the drivers the bank offers a suitable viewing point, so the plan as it stands at the moment is to approach the college with a view to us building a base into the bank and steps going down to the level fo the track. Obviously this is not a 5 min job and again I have approached Chris to see if he would consider carrying out this work for us. I expect to have a plan for this by the end of next week and for this to be in place for the 12th July 2008.

Any thoughts or suggestions about the above should be posted on here over the next few days to ensure we supply what the masses want. Have your say now and not later after work is done!

The big thing is to ensure we maintain our numbers and we maintain the standard of track we are putting out each meeting. I thought the last meet went very well and we need to use this to build on. I have also arranged for trophies for this year and would welcome your thoughts on how to structure a championship for the summer. Rounds to count?

Regards

Dale
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi Dale,

I'm pleased to hear that the Club has given the go-ahead to have some NEW Ramps constructed.
If Chris Child is'nt intrested or has'nt got the time to make them(maybe due to sorting out the Rostrum), then let me know as soon as possible, so I can get in touch with my Carpenter mate Daz to get some sorted out.........when I last spoke to him, he did say that he could probably have a couple constructed within a week, so it COULD be possible to have some for the next Meeting on the 28th June.
It would be helpful, if people could give some ideas on what dimensions(sizes & angles) of Ramps, Table Tops etc, that we'd require, so we can get the exact cost, so the Commitee knows the score & we know exactly whats being built.
Its good of you to sort out some Trophies for this Summers Buggy Championship, at such short notice. If we've got 10 Off-Road Buggy Meetings over this Summer, then we should probably have 6 or 7 Rounds to Count........eventhough I'm not to fussed, as I'm just enjoying Buggying again :D

Regards,

Dean.
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Don’t bother to have trophies for a “Vintage Class” - Daz is the only one competing in that!!!

All sounds good to me. If Chris does agree to the rostrum work, then would we need a work party?
If I’m free at the time, I would be happy to help.
JamesG

Post by JamesG »

Its good to hear that some new ramps are on the cards. If we are having a tabletop constructed then it might be worth having a sort out in the container as there's not much room when the pipes are in there.
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Things have gone a little quiet...

Any chance of an update on the rostrum & ramps?

Martyn
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Dale »

Martyn wrote:Things have gone a little quiet...

Any chance of an update on the rostrum & ramps?

Martyn

Just waiting on feedback from Chris Child on both regarding costs etc - will come back to you.

James had made a good point about the room issues in the container......I suggest as I am not there on Saturday, that you sensible people have a look and see what you think before we go ahead with the build! Regards Dale
deaks
Name: Scott Deakin
Car: T2 009

Post by deaks »

Hi All,

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped out yesterday. The Track once again was excellent, with a good placement of ramps on corners that favoured the brave :D

On the topic of ramps, I have asked the Committee to make a decision before the weekend, so either Dale or myself will give you an update this week.

As has been mentioned above, a sort out of the container would be a good idea. It had been suggested to get in early and ditch what we don't need. Unfortunately this requires someone with a van or trailer to help. My suggestion for the moment is for me to take a break from racing next weekend and I'll use my estate to ship some stuff to the local tip during the day and just see how it goes.

Also, someone mentioned that Coventry are skipping a few weeks and we might end up having meetings on the same weekend. If this does happen, would it be preferable to keep the meetings on separate weekends?

Cheers,
Scott
"Sponge and a bit of Jam"
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi Scott,

Thanks for organising another GREAT Meeting at the Hinckley Club yesterday.

It'll be good if we can actually get some action on the repalcement Ramps before next Weekend.

I've checked up with the Coventry Club........there is'nt a Meeting on next Weekend, as there doing some MAINTAINANCE work on their Track. Unfortunately, they will be having a Club Meeting on the following Weekend though(Sun 13th July), which does mean that it'll it be clashing with Hinckleys next Meeting(Sat 12th July). This would ruin both Meetings, as MOST Racers probably cant commit to taking the whole Weekend to Race, which is understandable.
I'm not sure on how everyone else feels about this, but personally, I'd rather the Hinckley Club changed their Date & made it so we could Race next Saturday instead.........specially as I heard quite a few Racers yesterday sounding disappointed, saying that there were NO Meetings at all next Weekend.
What do other Racers think?
Would you or Dale have the time to run a Club Meeting next Saturday?

Regards,

Dean.
cripple21
Name: Cripple Wacker 6

Post by cripple21 »

Hi there all (Paul Crocker) just joined the forum!!!

Just like to say that yesterday racing was great and like to thank people who help pack the track week in week out!!! i think hinckley should change there date and carry out a race meeting this weekend and then carry on eery other week as dean said!!!
and as for the new ramps it is great to here there will be new ramps for the club!!!!

Cheers cripple
warr2
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Name: David

Post by warr2 »

Please, please please don't change the date !

The problem with running every other week is people then plan things for the weekends in between.

Already missed the last 2 meetings with other commitments because of the dates falling on the wrong weekends for me.

Having arranged various stuff to avoid racing weekends bringing the meetings forward by a week to the 5th and 19th would make me miss the next 2 meetings as well! :cry:

And I've got a big pile of shiny new toys to play with :D

Can I ask, is this a problem caused by Coventry changing there plans or is it us not looking at their calendar before coming up with our dates?
Have a vague recollection of them publishing track maintenance dates on their calendar before the season started.

i.e. is it reasonable to turn round to the Coventry club and ask them to try and keep to their original dates where possible?

Might be a good idea if we had a calendar of our own on the site with proposed dates for off road - like we do for indoors.

Regards

Warr
Webmaster
The website guy
Name: Ben McQueen
Car: Xray T2 09

Post by Webmaster »

warr2 wrote: Might be a good idea if we had a calendar of our own on the site with proposed dates for off road - like we do for indoors.
Good idea! :shock:

I will once we've come to a conclusion about this coventry and hinckley clash.