2WD ELECTRIC BUGGY RACING OVER THE SUMMER

Post anything that does not fit into any of the other forums.
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dale Knight
Car: TOP Photon

Re: 2WD ELECTRIC BUGGY RACING OVER THE SUMMER

Post by Dale »

The other Rich - you muppet!

No comment on other's wives!!!

Regards

Dale :D
Rich Pacey
Name: Rich Pacey

Post by Rich Pacey »

Richie wrote:Hi Dale

Its not me thats tight, Sonias has booked a holiday and taken the buggy money for spending money. I am still looking for a buggy because Becky would like to race one so if theirs anyone out their selling a buggy for a reasonable price please let me know. :cry:. I dare to you to comment on Sonias arse, she'll be there Saturday !

Richie

I have a Schumacher Cougar 2000 '95 Team which i would be happy to sell. Its very tidy with a set of wheels and spiked tyres bought from dale which are only 1 meeting old. At most the car needs the "front builk head" the bit which attached the front wishbones to the bottem part of the chassis. I beliver these where about £6 from shumacher direct, last time i looked.

parts where still available for this car from shchumacher last time i looked.

£30 quid and its yours. It can be deliverd to JCC on Saturday. I have a very small amount of spares, and a set of foams for indoors.....

Let me know prob best to PM me and i will send my phone number

Rich
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi all,

I'm happy to say that Hinckley Club had a successfull 2nd Off-Road Buggy Meeting at John Cleveland College today.
We had some fantasic Weather, everybody seemed to drive more consistantly(apart frome me!) & the Racing seemed far more competitive......probably due to the much larger, wider, more proffessional looking Track.
Dale & Scott did another cracking job of running Race Control & doing some Commentry......which made the Racing run smoothly.
Heres some Photos from Todays(31st May) Buggy Meeting :

Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Dale »

Dear All,

Many thanks to Dean for posting the pics. I agree that the track was excellent and we had another good turn out.

I want to thank you all for helping with the packging away and the setting up of the track. We had a few issues with the loop again which meant a 30 min delay with the meeting, however, we substituted it with the new one and this one worked perfectly. Many thanks to Scott for all his hard work with this and for helping to yet again put on a successful meeting.

I want to make a couple of special notes of thanks if I may. Justin firstly for mowing the track with his own mower from home! Thanks Justin for that.

Secondly to Darren Lee for all his help co-ordinating the track work. Now I know that the usual people were there doing the hard work, but Darren often gets a little stick for not being there till the end, but I have to say what a great job he is doing and how much we appreciate his efforts so far.

I have however noticed that not all of the racers are putting in the same level of effort, and I will stress once more that this buggy season was agreed subject to everyone helping and pulling together. We always accept the weeks when we need to leave early etc, but we hope that over a period of time we all all pulling our own weight. Sufficient to say that if we see people taking and not giving back over a period of time, they will not be welcome in the future. Sounds harsh but the atmosphere at our meetings is even better than I could ever have wished for and I will not have this compromised by a minority.

Scott will be pre-booking in those who came to todays meeting and we are looking for the following to be with us racing in two weeks time:

1. Gibbo.
2. Mark Stevens
3. Rogers 1
4. Rogers 2
5. Rogers 3
6. Ben McQueen
7. Dick (and we need the transponder back asap)
8. David Warr
9. Josh Warr
And anyone else who fancies racing on an excellent track at JCC.

The track has now been booked for every 2 weeks from today, so I want to see you all with us on 14th June at 11.30 to get the track out and to take part in an excellent days racing!!!

Regards

Dale Knight :D
robbiejuk
Name: Robert Jaques

Post by robbiejuk »

Hi guys, Advertised this here :) Good to see the hinckley club doing off-road again.

http://me-or.co.uk/index.php
warr2
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Name: David

Post by warr2 »

Wont' be doing the next meeting I'm afraid.
Got to go to a wedding in Scotland.

And will be in Somerset for the meeting after that.

Joshes attendance will be dependant on his ability to persuade his dad to pit for him.
(He gets quite annoyed when you tell him he can't go racing.)

Will try and do the rest of the meetings though.
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Dale »

I am sure between us we can help your Dad - we want to see Josh racing.

Thanks for your support David.

Regards

Dale
Martyn
Name: Martyn Ross
Car: XRAY T4 14

Post by Martyn »

I agree, what a great days racing!

This was only possible thanks again to Dale, Scott and every one else who contributed to the meeting. The track looked superb thanks to Justin doing a great job with the lawn mower, though he did ask about the possibility of getting some radio gear attached for next time!!!

As you can see from Dean’s pics the track was much improved, as we seem to be getting the hang of laying the pipes, not bad for our 2nd effort! Hopefully we will see a tabletop, double & triple jumps appearing in the coming months???

Also would like to comment on the great atmosphere the meeting had, and once again Dale is to thank for this.

Martyn
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi all,

If anyones intrested in getting some extra practice in for next Saturdays Hinckley Buggy Meeting at JCC(14th June), theres a Club Meeting on at Coventry tomorrow. The Weather is meant to be pretty good & there'll running the Meeting on the GRASS Track, so it should be quite a good days Racing.
A few of us will be Meeting at the Layby, just before the M69 Roundabout(Sketchley Hill Burbage end) at 8.30am tomorrow, if anyones intrested in Racing & wants to follow us all over.

Cheers,

Dean.
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi all,

Hinckley Club had its 3rd successful Off-Road Buggy Meeting at John Cleveland College today, which was great. The Weather ended up being ok & it was good to see some NEW faces joining us.
The Track was improved even further, as it was bigger & 4 Jumps were included this time, to make it alittle more tricky.
Another good job from Dale & Scott for organising it so effiently......looking forward to to the next Meeting on the 28th June.

Here are some Photos from Todays Race Meeting(14th June) :

nick
Getting started
Getting started
Name: Nick Hudson
Car: TLR22, AC S2, B4

Post by nick »

just a quick message to echo deans thanks to dale & crew for the great meeting last saturday. just need to figure out how to catch deans all conquering S2 !!

nick 'hutton' hudson :mrgreen:
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Dale »

Hi Guys,

Both Scott and I thank you all for your kind salutations and support! I am myself not about for the next meeting on the 28th June, so it is imperrative that Scott gets the full backing of everone attending with the track.

I would also like to thank the vast majority of you for your support so far. The tracks are getting better and better and last saturday was another great build.

I have noticed people slipping a little with the track building though, with some even sitting in cars until booking in opens!! Without wanting to be negative when the vast majority of us are positive, if we do get peoplenot pulling their weight, we will tell them. Also I know that some want to see both Scott and I getting hands dirty on the grass, it is important to note that a great deal is left for us to sort out with computers and loops etc, so we need to have the likes of Darren running the track build like on saturday. You will notice that now after three meets we started booking in early and we have a very smooth race control.

We must all support the club every meeting to ensure we contiune to build the buggy side of the club. I am pushing for new ramps etc and have been meeting in my own time with the school to arrange facility improvements for us, including a more professional rostrum on the bank etc. All this takes time and trust me when I say that both Scott and I are doing a massive amount behind the schenes to ensure this is the start of buggy racing for years to come.

Can I have suggestions on the forum for ramps etc and built improvements to the track? Dean has a friend who will build.

Oh Nick, Dean wont be winning for long, I am back in 1 month and will be pushing him all the way!!

Dale
Martyn
Name: Martyn Ross
Car: XRAY T4 14

Post by Martyn »

Hi All,

Ramp wise... would suggest a table top and maybe a double/triple ramp section, though nothing too crazy so we can keep the racing close but still get some air. We also have the younger drivers to consider and building/packing it all away.

As we have relatively flat track then the smaller ramps are still ideal to use closer to the corner entries, which upsets your line and makes things a little more interesting!

Dale/Nick - I’m sure Dean was just on a mission from not winning at Coventry the other weekend muhhh ha ha haaa…!
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi all,

I think that the general build of the Track has vastly improved since the 1st Buggy Meeting, which is great.......the chunky black plastic hosing works well, as its easy for all the Racers to spot & decent for pegging to the Grass. Some of the current Ramps are starting to cause abit of a problem though.......mainly the large Ramp that covers the Lap Counting Loop, as I noticed when I Marshalled last Saturday, that the wood has badly 'warped' & causing the Buggies to flip on there roofs, if its not taken centrally.
My mate Daz is a Carpenter, who works for himself & is very reasonably priced. He said that he's more than happy to make a selection of Ramps for the Club, once we've decided on what we want. He said that he'd treat the wood to prevent them from 'warping' & he'd even put a coating on the top of the Ramps, for extra grip. So the ball is in the Hinckley Clubs court now, for finances to crack on & get these made.
If the Club is prepared to offer the money to replace all of the Ramps now, then thats fantastic.........if not, then I'd suggest that we have a replacement Main Ramp made for the Lap Counting Loop & a Table Top Ramp first, & worry about the other Ramps at a later date.

I'm already looking forward to a showdown with Nick, Dale & Martyn........my S2 is waiting! :)

Regards,

Dean.
Daz Lee
Average Member
Average Member

Post by Daz Lee »

I tend to agree with Dean (Wacker1) on the ramp situation.

Myself and Scott had to do some running repairson one of the jumps (drill and peg it down) as it was so badly warped that cars were not getting up it.....they were just hitting the warped edge. This is a potential car breaker and not good for any newcomers to the club to see.

Come on Hinckley RCCC committe......let us get some new jumps.????

Oh, and Dean.....The 1967 Losi XX 'relic' special is coming for you.! You better hope that S2 is as good as the price tag suggests.!
If I drive it, I crash it!