2WD ELECTRIC BUGGY RACING OVER THE SUMMER

Post anything that does not fit into any of the other forums.
warr2
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Name: David

Re: 2WD ELECTRIC BUGGY RACING OVER THE SUMMER

Post by warr2 »

1. vertical acceleration due to gravity is independant of horizontal velocity. i.e you hit the ground just as hard if you are travelling slower. vertical height being the critical thing.

2. 1/2 a zx5 and 1/2 a xxx hence the issues!
Ian S
Getting started
Getting started
Name: Ian Southorn
Car: Mi3.5

Post by Ian S »

warr2 wrote:1. vertical acceleration due to gravity is independant of horizontal velocity. i.e you hit the ground just as hard if you are travelling slower. vertical height being the critical thing.
While that is perfectly true I think the point dale was trying to make was that if you drive up the ramp slower you wont go as high! Thus your vertical velocity upon landing will be lower 8)
[link=http://www.racing-cars.com]Team Schumacher racing UK[/link]
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dale Knight
Car: TOP Photon

Post by Dale »

Yep!
warr2
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Name: David

Post by warr2 »

If you hit the jump flat out, you actually get less height, than if you slow down a little bit, then accelerate when you hit the jump.

(Granted if you just slow down and don't accelerate then you get less height but then the car nose dives and you generally crash and break it anyway.)
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dale Knight
Car: TOP Photon

Post by Dale »

If you blip the throttle in mid air its stops it. I also find that a shorter hop menas quicker on the grass and quicker acceleration on the down slope....

Just saying....!
Daz Lee
Average Member
Average Member

Post by Daz Lee »

This is all getting a bit sad..!

Why not just gun it and to hell with the consequences.??? Its all about fun!
If I drive it, I crash it!
Webmaster
The website guy
Name: Ben McQueen
Car: Xray T2 09

Post by Webmaster »

Hehe. I think that the marshalls near that ramp will need helmets :p
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi all,

I just wanted to say thanks to Dale, for holding another GREAT Buggy Meeting today, which was Hinckley Clubs 7th!

I would also like to thank Chris Child for making a FANTASTIC Table Top & Main Ramp, which made the Racing more intresting.......eventhough there maybe some slight modifications required to the SLOPE sections of the Table Top, for more strength, as we noticed that they were starting to bow, due to the Hot Weather.

The Racing was nice & Competitive, as usual, even if the Track Layout today did'nt incorporate the Table Top Jump very well, causing visibility & Marshalling problems on some parts of the Circuit, making it not very flowing!.........I think everybody has learned from this, so we'll plan to have the Table Top on a straight, right at the Rear of the Track next time, which should eliminate any problems.

Dean.

Here are some Photos from the Todays(7th)Buggy Meeting(2nd August) :

Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Wacker1 »

Jb, Daz, Paul(Cripple) & me ended up Racing in the 2WD Regional at Marston last Sunday, which turned out to be a great day!

There were around 60Racers there, which gave it a good atmosphere & made it very Competitive. The Track was quite tight & twisty, but very 'flowing', which made it easy to get into a good rythm.
The Track was ALL Grass, incorporating a Table Top Ramp, a Std Ramp(similar in Height to Hinckleys NEW Lap Counting loop Ramp) & a Wooden Board section, situated round one of the corners, making it very tricky to get Traction out of!.

One thing that I did notice with the Track there, was that they had attached the Hoses onto the Table Top Ramp, making it impossible for Racers to miss it!.....therefore eliminating possible breakages. I think that we should do the same on our next Meeting..........I think that they attached the Hoses by Drilling small holes in the Ramps & then using Cable Ties or String to secure them.

As you'll see in the Photos :

Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Wacker1 »

To ALL Buggy Drivers,

I just thought that I'd remind you all of the up & coming 'TOWN & COUNTRY FESTIVAL' Event, thats being held at the Stoneleigh Show Ground(formally The National Agricultural Centre) at Stoneleigh in Coventry a week on Saturday.
Its a 3 DAY EVENT over the Bank Holiday Weekend(Saturday 23rd, Sunday 24th & Monday 25th August) thats packed with various things to see & do......inc a Dog Show, Horse Show, Car Clubs & Stalls, as well as some fantastic Off-Road Racing!

CLASSES OF OFF-ROAD CARS RACED :

1/10th 2WD Electric Buggies
1/10th 4WD Electric Buggies
1/10th Nitro Trucks
1/8th Rally X
1/8th Truggies
1/12th Truggies

Quite a few of us have entered this Event over the last few years & its always had a good atmosphere, been great fun & very busy, so its definately worth considering!

If anyone would like Race at this Event, you do HAVE to pre-book, as a Vehicle Pass & Entry Ticket are required to enter the Meeting.
You can either download an Entry Form from Coventry Model Car Clubs Website OR pick up an Entry Form off me at the Hinckley Clubs Buggy Meeting this Saturday(16th August)...........it will need SENDING off first thing Monday morning though, so you'll receive your TICKETS & CAR PARKING PASS in time for the Event.

Regards,

Dean.
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi all,

Last Saturday was Hinckley Clubs 8th & final Buggy Meeting for the 2008 Season.

Dale & Scott did another GREAT job of running Race Control, as everything ran smoothly allday. It was also good to see some new faces taking intrest to the Off-Road Buggy scene.

The Track layout was probably the most intresting & technical out of all the Club meetings we've done, as we included some tight, twisty sections, as well as the usual high speed main straight & sweeper. The Table Top Ramp situated at the back of the Circuit also made it easier to judge for the Racers & more convenient for the Marshalls to get to.

I do think that the NEW Ramps need altering slightly though, for next years Summer Buggy Season...........the Ramp(on the Lap Counting Loop) on the main straight needs lengthening, as the current slope section is too short & steep, causing the Buggies to bottom out easily........The Table Top Ramp also has the same problem, as well as needing some strengthning underneath the slopes, to prevent them from bowing.

I hope that we can have an even more successful Off-Road Season next year, as many of the Hinckley Clubs regular Winter Season Racers will have plenty of time to sort out a Buggy, now everybody knows that it'll be happening every Summer.

Here are some Photos from Hinckley Clubs FINAL Buggy Meeting(Saturday 16th August 2008) :

Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Wacker1 »

2WD REGIONAL AT OSWESTRY LAST SUNDAY(17th August 2008)

Paul(Cripple), Carl & me ended up entering the 5th & Final Round of the 2008 2WD Regional Series in Oswestry last Sunday, which was a fantasic experience!
There were around 65Drivers there, making it very Competitive, but still being fun to do. The Track was of a similar style to the last Regional(Marston), being tight, twisty & flowing, but even more challenging, due to it being damp(from the heavy rain the night before!)........making Ballistic Buggy Greens the prefered Tyre choice! The Circuit was also a Multi-surface(Grass, Astro-turf & Concrete), making it tricky to get the optimum Set-up.
We all enjoyed the Days Racing & will definately be back there next year :D

I know that Dales already been in touch with the Mid-West Region about the Hinckley Club participating in the 2009 Regional Championships, by holding one of the Off-Road Rounds next year, which would be great! I think it would be good for the Club, even better for its regular Racers!

Here are some Photos from the 2WD Regional in Oswestry last Sunday(17th August 2008) :

Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Wacker1 »

DAY 1 OF THE TOWN & COUNTRY FESTIVAL(SATURDAY 23rd AUGUST 2008)

A Group of us from the Hinckley Club Raced at the Town & Country Festival in Stoneleigh Park today, which was fantastic. The Weather ended up being great, there was a pretty good turnout of Buggy Racers & the Track was massive!
We had 5 Rounds of Qualifying(best 2 Rounds to count) & a Final, which made it a full days Racing!

As we all enjoyed it so much, we'll all be going back there tomorrow & possibly Monday to Race.

If anyone is intrested in participating in Tomorrow or Mondays Racing there, a few of us have some spare Tickets going.

If anyone wants to follow us all over, you can meet us all in the Layby, just before the M69 Roundabout(Sketchley Burbage end), at 8am.

Regards,

Wacker1

Here are some Photos from Todays(Day 1 of 3) Race Meeting at Stoneleigh Park :

Concept Racing
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Name: Eric Wilcock
Car: XB8TQ, HB C12

Post by Concept Racing »

Nice one Dean! good to see some pics of the track, gives us some idea what kind of set up to use for tomorrow and what tires to put on, see you there.
Spurting
Name: Tom

Post by Spurting »

1st time visit and on the scrounge straight away.

It's good to see that there's some 2wd off road still going on, and in leicestershire. I'll aim to come along if i can complete my mission.

Right, to business. I'm 10 years away from the sport and have just dug all my kit out of the parents loft (well, most of it. It looks like I flogged anything of value at the time? can't remember doing that?). I'm looking to get my cougar 95 team back on the road/grass, but the suspension is ripped off at the front (don't remember doing that either?). Unfortunately, schumacher no longer have spares for the wishbones which leaves me stumped. After a whole pile of phonecalls and google search, the only reference I have found is a post in this forum between three lads in may. Rich, Dale and Richie help! One of you mentioned a 95 team you're selling??? You could be my hero! I'm bristol based, but a leicester lad, so could collect if I should be so lucky!

Please, please, get in touch!!

Anybody else who is sitting on a hoard of 95 team spares, please chip in!

Eh, while I'm at it, does anybody have a phone number for Dave Quimby?? I don't know if he's still kicking about, but it'd be good to get in touch.

Cheers Hinkley RCCC, all the best and keep up with the 2wd,

Tom Unsworth