Stock and Modified
Ben Cosgrove
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Tyres for TC?

Post by Ben Cosgrove »

Hi Guys

Who will be making a decision on this?

Maybe it can be discussed at the AGM on Saturday?

Ben
HPI/Hot Bodies/Maverick/Merlin/Optifuel/GM/Muchmore UK/CustomBlitz/Hudy
DazLee
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Name: Darren Lee

Re: Tyres for TC?

Post by DazLee »

I have made my decision Ben.

I am planning to run Sorex 28JB.........if this means that at later rounds I will not score points then perhaps I will have to have a re-think.

But, as you are aware......I got annoyed by the lack of interest in trying alternative tyres from all the other drivers so have given up. Being off the pace for the benefit of others pockets is getting old now!

Thanks
Daz
dogpinkscot
Name: Justin
Car: Atomic S2 Mega Dave

Post by dogpinkscot »

I'm all for testing tyres Daz but when you want us to try tyres of a lower quality I don't personally see the benefit or gain.plus every set has been worse than the sorex. maybe if we find a set of tyres of a similar grading to the 28jb's I would try them but every set tested have either been a lower grade (create more heat quicker therefore go off towards the end of the run and eventually rip off the rims) or to high a grading so we then have no grip.so its not a case of not wanting to try different/cheaper tyres its a case of not wanting to waste time on crap tyres.
I also believe moaning on the forum wont solve the problem.And have therefore made my decision to use what I am.

Thanks James
Ian_Smith
Committee
Committee
Name: Ian Smith
Car: Schumacher Mi4LP

Post by Ian_Smith »

All,

I will add the subject of TC tyres to the AGM Agenda to discuss and reach a conclusion.

Ian
Schumacher Mi4LP / Hobbywing Justock / Speed Passion V3.0 17.5
"Speed is nothing without Control" - wish I had just one of 'em! :-)
DazLee
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Name: Darren Lee

Post by DazLee »

There is always the Sorex 28RY..??

Same grading (Temp rating) as the current favoured tyre so should give reasonable grip levels and because they are a '28' shouldnt go off through a run............but they have a firmer (Rubber) insert so they may last a little longer.

Anyone willing to give them a try?

Daz