Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dale Knight
Car: TOP Photon

Buggy Racing on 20th August and DBoot GP 38/29th 2011

Post by Dale »

Hello All,

I must say I am enjoying the return to buggy racing and have now parted with the cash for the S2 I borrowed this Saturday to run at Hinckley. :D

Having not raced much for a while outdoors I managed to get a fresh view on how the club was running etc and I wanted to share with you my thoughts.

I wanted to start off by saying thank you to those who have put so much into this years new venue. Ben Cosgrove/Ben McQueen/James Carrol with race control, Keith on the BBQ, and Craig Nutting and his team for taking on such an active leadship role which without we would have not had such a brilliant year.

I also know which one's of you have always helped with the setting up of the track and of course packing away and the general support you give to HRCCC. Although you may not recieve mentions we know who you are and appreciate the effort you put into the smooth running of the club. Same with the committee who come down to support regionals etc and don't even race in the summer.

I do however want to re-enforce a couple of things which I did see slipping. The first is that we all need to consider our arrival times and maybe arriving a little earlier to help put a small amount of effort into setting up the track and packing it away. Whilst we never expect everyone to drop tools and give 30 mins of hard graft, I know those left to do the most would really appreciate even 5 mins of dragging out some hoses or maybe the cones etc for marshall points. Also with the new container we have loads of space and being trackside it does not take massive effort to pack the track away.

The second item is regarding marshalling. Firstly we need to make sure we do not ignore our responsibilities. After we race we place cars on charge and should immediatly be trackside to do our bit (you have two minutes so no excuses for being late). I noticed this slipping a little on Saturday to be honest and whilst not a big problem, its something which can cause issues with drivers and not the way in which we want HRCCC to be questioned on. Please consider your fellow drivers and respect them in the way you would want to be respected yourselves by being on time/not on your telephone/attentive to the track.

I believe the venue will next month be confirmed as a long-term venue with the Rugby Club and once agreed we shall start to really work on the facility and I honestly believe we have one of the best potential National facilities in the making. Let's keep spreading the word and ensuring new members are made welcome. Let's try and encourage new people to race at HRCCC and build on the strong foundations laid down by the great team we have leading this part of our club.

Last but by no means least we have the DBoot GP weekend coming up in August and I would like to ask for support in helping organise the track on Saturday for the Sunday/Monday meeting. We will need scruitineering volunteers also for the event and would welcome an email or post confirming being available to support us.

Camping is available on Saturday and Sunday evening if required for only £5 and the more we get the better this will be. Make sure someone brings some footballs etc so we all relax and enjoy the event!

Many thanks again to you all for your support for this season and I very much look forward to seeing you all joining us for another great season back indoors at JCC in September onwards!

Regards

Dale Knight - Chairman HRCCC dknight@mortgagetalk.co.uk :D
arransmith27
Name: Arran Smith

Re: Buggy Racing on 20th August and DBoot GP 38/29th 2011

Post by arransmith27 »

Hi there

I was thinking of coming to race on 20/8, and have a few questions?

What time do you start racing?
What time approximately does racing finish?
How much does it cost to race?

Thanks in advance :)
Webmaster
The website guy
Name: Ben McQueen
Car: Xray T2 09

Re: Buggy Racing on 20th August and DBoot GP 38/29th 2011

Post by Webmaster »

arransmith27 wrote:Hi there

I was thinking of coming to race on 20/8, and have a few questions?

What time do you start racing?
What time approximately does racing finish?
How much does it cost to race?

Thanks in advance :)
Hi, Arran.

We usually get there for about 11:30 to set up the track and everything. Once that's done we start booking in for racing (I guess that's around 12:15-12:30).
We try to be all packed up and out by 6 so racing will finish around 5:30 or earlier depending on how many drivers attend.
It costs £6 per meeting.