Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dale Knight
Car: TOP Photon

Buggy Management Team

Post by Dale »

Hi Guys,

As per the AGM I am looking for this to be sorted asap. We have been approached to again host the 4WD and 2WD regionals and this will only happen if I have a commitment from a team.

So far I have been approached by:

1. Craig Nutting.
2. Matt Chambers.
3. A Chef for the cooking!

This is not enough of a commitment and without more of you coming forwards HRCCC will NOT be runing buggy next year. As I said before I shall be available for some weekends but not all (maybe only half). If you wish to keep this going you need to comment to this and then put your name to the list.

Many thanks

Dale Knight
treasurer
Treasurer
Treasurer
Name: Roger Cosgrove

Re: Buggy Management Team

Post by treasurer »

I think that we should specify the key roles that are required to be in place for the sucessful running of the HRCCC buggy meetings.

Firstly there needs to be someone in charge, normally this person will unlock the container, set up race control, set up booking in, and make sure all is packed away at the end of the meeting.

Secondly there need to be a track assembly team - a number of willing people to set up and take down the race circuit

The above roles can be shared on a week to week basis, but we will need to know in advance who will be the club official responsible for the meeting, this is a requirement from the college and should also be a requirement from the club.

As discussed at the AGM, the club is willing to invest in the outdoor racing by supplying a 40' container but this is subject to the club personel taking up the committment to run the meetings in a proper manner.

The above is simply my take on what may be required for running a buggy meeting and you may wish to expand or add some specific duties, but either way, it may help people decide on a task that they can undertake to help

Roger
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi all,

You can count me in as part of the Buggy Track Assembly Team! 8)

Dean.
Wacker2
Name: Jon Seals(Wacker2)
Car: TLR 22

Post by Wacker2 »

If I'm still around I'll help to keep the buggy'ing alive for 2011... just let me know what you need me to do!

Thanks, Jon!
lordy4516
Getting started
Getting started
Name: tom 'bieber' lord
Car: s2 hb tcx

Post by lordy4516 »

ill be the little one you can all bully if we do it wrong ... i like buggies so yeeerr ill do it just dont want craig beating me up as usual
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dale Knight
Car: TOP Photon

Post by Dale »

Hi All,

Guys can I have an idea from you about our start time for Buggies this year please?

We can either go out at end of current Spring series at start of April or delay in May.

Can you confirm your preferences please?

Tar
Eddystone
Name: Richard Dobson
Car: Tamiya TA05v2IFS

Post by Eddystone »

Hi Dale,

I'd like to think we joined the club to race so lets get out there and racing the buggies ASAP. We can't second guess the weather. April could be glorious or it could equally be like mid winter. Either way as long as it's dry I'd like to be racing. Would we still have the option of coming indoors if it rains? If we have a plan regarding the various weather situations than it might help keep the numbers up regardless of the weather.

Richard
Hail Ming
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: James Carroll
Car: MM & X2 Evo

Post by Hail Ming »

I say the start of April.

James
Try 'Quick Silver', the Amazing Silver Can Powered Touring Car Class at HRCCC