Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

HRCCC'S 2WD OFF-ROAD REGIONAL THIS SUNDAY - 20TH JUNE

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi all,

Just to remind everyone that its ROUND 4 of the 2WD Mid-West Off-Road Regional Championships this Sunday - 20TH JUNE

This will be on our own Club Grass Track at HINCKLEY

ARRIVAL TIME : Around 7.45-8.00am

PRACTICE : This will be around 8.30am & will be done in Heat Order

There will be 4 Qualifying Rounds, with your best 2 to count, then Finals

RACE FEE : £6 if you Pre-Book, £8 if you Enter on the Day

The Deadline for Pre-Booking is this Wednesday Lunchtime - 16TH JUNE

If you want to Pre-Book, please use the Link below :

http://domain2134136.sites.fasthosts.com/booking.html

Please remember, if you DONT Pre-Book & decide to Enter on the Day, you will be Paying £2 more & you WONT be allowed to do the PRACTICE SESSION

Please Email Tom Yardy(tomyardy@sky.com) for more Details, but there maybe be an 'OPEN CLASS' Heat for anyone who wishes to run Classes other than 2WD.i.e 4WD's, Retro's, Short Course Trucks etc

.....be quick though, as there'll only be 10 Places Available if there is an Open Heat!

Hopefully see you all there!
plod
Name: dave biff

Re: HRCCC'S 2WD OFF-ROAD REGIONAL THIS SUNDAY - 20TH JUNE

Post by plod »

Wacker1 wrote:
Please Email Tom Yardy(tomyardy@sky.com) for more Details, but there maybe be an 'OPEN CLASS' Heat for anyone who wishes to run Classes other than 2WD.i.e 4WD's, Retro's, Short Course Trucks etc

.....be quick though, as there'll only be 10 Places Available if there is an Open Heat!
I do hope so, as i'm really looking forward to running this sunday.
Going to be well miffed if not, as bought some tyres specially for sunday.
plod

Post by plod »

Open/Guest class is on this sunday, and there is four spaces still available
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi all,

Well, the day had finally Arrived..........Today(Sunday 20th June) was the day of Hinckley Clubs Round of the 2WD Mid-West Regional Championships.
For its HRCCC Members, it had all started on the Night before, with lots of Preparation in Re-designing the Track Layout on the fresher bits of Grass, after the very successful Club Meeting the previous day!

From Arrival, the Weather was great & the College Car Park was packed out in minutes, full of keen Racers from all around our Region, showing a Higher Turnout than even last Years Event........there were 9 FULL Heats this time! 8)

The Usual Mid-West Regional Race Director(Stuart) was running the Meeting, to keep everything running smoothly & on schedule, with the Backing from HRCCC's Chairman Dale Knight & Roger Cosgrove.......as well as some of our Members helping with Scruteneering. Dales Wife Michelle was also helping out, in looking after Racers with Food & Drinks allday - just want to say thanks for all doing such a fantastic job! :D

It was all run in the Regular Regional format.i.e a Practice Round in Heat Order, followed by 4 Qualifying Rounds(with your best 2 to Count), then Finals.......with the 'A' Final having 3 Legs(with your best 2 to Count), as per usual.
The Track itself, was of a decent size, giving the majority of Drivers Laptimes of around 25seconds. The Layout was quite Technical, incorporating a selection of different sized Ramps, a Rumble Strip(unique to our Club), a Straight Table Top Jump & a Corner Table Top Jump(New for this Year), as well as a very long Back straight followed by a High-Speed Sweeper & various tight tricky corners & Chicanes to mix things up!

I can definately say that everyone really enjoyed the day & hope our Club will be holding another 2WD Mid-West Event in 2011!

HERE ARE SOME PHOTOS FROM TODAYS(SUNDAY 20th JUNE) 2WD REGIONAL EVENT :
plod

Post by plod »

My only criticism, is that I and quite a number of others first heard the call for booking in at the same time as it was said first heat on the line in 5 minutes.
At the time I had no battery in the car and no front wheels on, and by the time had booked in, the heat had already started.

Otherwise, an enjoyable day