extending the day !

Retro, 2WD and 4WD
Wacker2
Name: Jon Seals(Wacker2)
Car: TLR 22

Re: extending the day !

Post by Wacker2 »

Wacker1 wrote:As we're just talking about Racing at our Club Meetings each Saturday, Rules from Bigger Events like Controlled Tyres, 7 Second Penalties for Late Marshalling etc, are'nt neccessary..........just like our Relaxed Indoor Meetings!
A few weeks back Tom Lord received a penalty enforced by Ben Cosgrove for marshalling whilst holding a cigarette... a penalty that if I remember right, prevented him from being in the A final... a little unfair in my eyes but as a club we need rules... otherwise there is no point having a club championship - we may as well scrap the points and just have a 'turn up and play' ethic where no points are scored and no results are collated.

We should run as close to BRCA rules as possible - we can still maintain a 'relaxed' club meeting as we are a friendly club, its a great social meeting and we are not as strict at race control as they have to be at regional / national level - for example we have no problem holding the start of a race if a driver needs a minute or two to sort their car out... we have no limit to practice/warm up laps as long as your at the line when the race starts... pre-race practice is a free-for-all... and we all chip in and help make the meetings great.

My previous comment regarding the 3 legged A final was meant as a light hearted comment and I was certainly not thinking that we should adhere that to HRCCC meetings. I share the same opinion of Daz that it is not fair in the Mid-West region... not because having more than 1 final isn't a good idea... but because its not fair that some drivers have 3 finals and most others only get 1 - we all pay the same race fees so should have the same amount of races regardless of ability.

Gibbo - I'm pretty sure you cannot buy the TR32 tyre any more!
DazLee
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Name: Darren Lee

Post by DazLee »

Hi All,

Dale, in response to your post, weather forecast I have seen (And its usually pretty reliable) says it is looking dry and reasonably clear early on in the morning with gradually more cloud as the day progresses.
We may see some light showers around midday / early afternoon but nothing too heavy.

In conclusion, I AM planning to race............now, where did I see them TR32's for sale........I wonder if I could collect??

See you all tomorrow...........let me know if you want me to arrive early to assess the track and notify people of the conditions.

Daz
Wacker2

Post by Wacker2 »

I'll be down there around 9.30am tomorrow Daz - would be great if you could arrive then too to assess the track condition.

I have put posts on HRCCC, oOple and Facebook confirming that we expect racing to be ON! :n1
DazLee
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Name: Darren Lee

Post by DazLee »

Morning all,
I am at the rugby club and am pleased to announce that although a little soft in places, the track should be ok to race on.

I am a touring car driver though and would have appreciated the input of a buggy driver or two!!! But, as expected its just me!!!!

Thanks
Daz
dogpinkscot
Name: Justin
Car: Atomic S2 Mega Dave

Post by dogpinkscot »

quote from jb .....We should run as close to BRCA rules as possible - we can still maintain a 'relaxed' club meeting as we are a friendly club,

so you gonna run a legal motor this touring car season not a home brew with massive timing :roll:
Wacker2

Post by Wacker2 »

LMAO Justin... I ran a TC6 last year so was always at a disadvantage... needed all the help I could get!

But yeah, I'm sure if I run touring this year I'll be using a new legal motor! :n1
Ben Cosgrove
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Ben Cosgrove »

Wacker2 wrote:
A few weeks back Tom Lord received a penalty enforced by Ben Cosgrove for marshalling whilst holding a cigarette... a penalty that if I remember right, prevented him from being in the A final... a little unfair in my eyes but as a club we need rules... otherwise there is no point having a club championship - we may as well scrap the points and just have a 'turn up and play' ethic where no points are scored and no results are collated.
Yes Marshalling and smoking at the same time is NOT ALLOWED and anyone doing it should be penalised!

I dont mind people drinking at marshalling points to a degree as it may be hot etc...phones and smoking is a no no!!!
HPI/Hot Bodies/Maverick/Merlin/Optifuel/GM/Muchmore UK/CustomBlitz/Hudy
lapster
Average Member
Average Member
Name: andy lappin

Post by lapster »

hi

is sat racing still normal time ?

andy