The outdoor track

Retro, 2WD and 4WD
JamesG

The outdoor track

Post by JamesG »

What are the plans for the outdoor track, are doing any work to it this side of christmas or is it being sorted next year?
keithm
Average Member
Average Member
Name: Keith Marson
Car: superstock,BMax2+4

Re: The outdoor track

Post by keithm »

I would have thought that we would need to sort it soon so that the grass seed the club bought would be well established for next season :D
Hail Ming
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: James Carroll
Car: MM & X2 Evo

Post by Hail Ming »

Hi James/Keith,

We had a Committee meeting the other week - the outdoor track was on the agenda. An action from the meeting is for Dale to discuss our longer term aspirations with the Rugby Club so that we can start making some firm plans for next year's season. As soon as we know what's happening, we'll let everyone know.

Cheers

James
Try 'Quick Silver', the Amazing Silver Can Powered Touring Car Class at HRCCC
keithm
Average Member
Average Member
Name: Keith Marson
Car: superstock,BMax2+4

Post by keithm »

Have we any news from the planned meeting,the reason i am asking is that there is a a bag of seed and fertilizer in the container that needs to be put down as soon as.Cheers.
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dale Knight
Car: TOP Photon

Post by Dale »

Dear All,

I can now confirm that we have agreed a three year plan with the Rugby club which will mean us moving up the field slightly to the area used on a temporary basis for a new weeks before the DBoot GP.

The ven more exciting news is that we have been given permission to build a bespoke buggy track next to where we are moving to enable us to build something over the next couple of years without pressure to run on it straight the way.

This is a massive step forwards for the outdoor section of our club and I am sure you will all be very pleased to hear that Craig Nutting has once again agreed to develop this area for us. I ask you all to support Craig and should you wish to help him, I am sure he will be most grateful. Our vision is for a multi-surface track.

Regards

Dale
Hail Ming
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: James Carroll
Car: MM & X2 Evo

Post by Hail Ming »

Excellent news - I look forward to seeing the plans as they unfold and helping out with the new track.

James
Try 'Quick Silver', the Amazing Silver Can Powered Touring Car Class at HRCCC
JamesG

Post by JamesG »

Do we need to move the container so we can use it as a rostrum or will we be using the step things again?

I'm willing to help Craig out just let me know how.
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Dale »

Hi Mate,

Thanks for the offer (always well received!)

Yes the container will be moved at the start of next year for the new site.

The area being developed is where the mounds and bonfire was last year. Craig is going to be reviewing site and will be coming up with ideas etc.

My vision is for a grass track with multi-surface, including astro/slabs etc.

HRCCC has a great opportunity of creating one of the very best buggy tracks in the country and we are going to have a crack at it!

Regards

Dale Knight :D
JamesG

Post by JamesG »

Is anything occurring yet?
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Dale »

Mark Stevens has the code for the fence and will be assessing the move which should be started next month.

I think we will need some work from drivers prior to the start of the season and this maybe for a couple of hours before racing for the first few weeks painting jumps etc.

I will get Mark to post on here to confirm what is happening.

Dale
JamesG

Post by JamesG »

Anything now?
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Dale »

Hi James,

We have the container planned to be moved for the start of the season and I know Mark has been working on the jumps etc.

Seems to be full steam ahead but I am sure Mark will need the support of many of the members to get this season up and running. So I call on all drivers to make contact and offer some support to Mark so we are ready for another successfull season. I myself will be taking part but am unable to commit in the normal way due to my change in circumstances but I want to see us all pulling together in 2012.

Regards

Dale