Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

HRCCC's 2011 OFF-ROAD OUTDOOR RACE CALENDAR

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi all,

I've just looked at HRCCC's New 2011 Off-Road Outdoor Race Calendar, thats recently been Posted up, but I'm slightly Confused by the Date thats been Selected to Start? :?

The reason being, that our Club has been Selected to hold a 2WD & 4WD Buggy Round of the Mid-West Regional Championships again this Year, where Rd1 of 2WD Starts in Stoke on Sunday 4th April, Rd1 of 4WD Starts in Kidderminster on Sunday 11th April, Rd2 of 2WD is in Oswestry on Sunday 25th April & Rd2 of 4WD is on Sunday 2nd May in Hinckley.i.e OUR OWN VENUE!

Yet, our Outdoor Off-Road Club Meetings dont Start til Saturday 14th May!

Surely(you cant be serious & stop calling me shirley :lol: ), we need to be Starting our Club Meetings Outside, atleast a couple of Weeks before the Mid-West Regionals Start - this will then give our own Club Members abit ot Time to get used to their New Buggies & Develop Set-ups, so they can have a more Enjoyable Competitive Season!

I'd be intrested to hear some Opinions from some of our HRCCC Members?? 8)
Eddystone
Name: Richard Dobson
Car: Tamiya TA05v2IFS

Re: HRCCC's 2011 OFF-ROAD OUTDOOR RACE CALENDAR

Post by Eddystone »

Dean's certainly got a point there. I'd be interested to know the clubs reasons for picking a mid May start to the season. Dale did ask for opinions on the forum regarding the start date for buggies but only got two replies. Maybe the lack of response made him think there was little interest in getting outside and racing buggies. Even regardless of the nationals dates, which themselves seem a very valid point for starting sooner, it also seems an excessively long break ( 6 weeks ) between racing - I'll have forgotten how to drive! :lol:
Hail Ming
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: James Carroll
Car: MM & X2 Evo

Post by Hail Ming »

Eddystone wrote: it also seems an excessively long break ( 6 weeks ) between racing - I'll have forgotten how to drive! :lol:
I agree - anyone who's raced with Richard from one to the next will know that 6 days is excessively long as far as his driving is concerned :wink: (sorry couldn't resist)
Try 'Quick Silver', the Amazing Silver Can Powered Touring Car Class at HRCCC
Ben Cosgrove
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Ben Cosgrove »

Hi Guys

I think you have some mis information here

Regional calendar is here http://www.brca-midwest.co.uk/clubs.html

This gives us plenty of time to get up and running before our regional.

The first few weekends of April regional wise are on astro tracks.

The calendar has been designed to give us a nice easy summer spread around bank holidays etc and be more than ready for our own meetings.

If we go outside too early we will destroy the track and also run the higher risk of bad weather and canceeled meetings.

I would rather spend those Saturdays in April making sure the track/container/jumps/race control etc are all ready with some track work parties.

Ben
HPI/Hot Bodies/Maverick/Merlin/Optifuel/GM/Muchmore UK/CustomBlitz/Hudy
Ben Cosgrove
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Ben Cosgrove »

Sunday 5th June 4wd and Sunday 3rd July 2wd

May 2nd is a Monday??
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dale Knight
Car: TOP Photon

Post by Dale »

Hi Ben,

Frstly I wanted to say thank you for agreeing to run the outdoor season this year at Hinckley. I know we have a team of drivers now prepared to support you also and the club WILL organise the new container early this year (subject to a dry period).

I believe we can start the championship in May and also feel the working party relaxed meetings can also work in April. I myself am not concerned about the grass as I feel we can build tracks to ensure we rotate grass used and this certainly was the case last year. The restriction was the amount of hoses we have and I am please to confirm the club will be buying a further 50 meters of this for the summer, so to aid in great tracks and flexibility in the tracks avoiding warn areas.

If we are to run some meetings in April this will rely on a team of people happy to spend the first hour carrying out work etc and this needs YOUR confirmation so Ben has confidence in arranging this.

The club is committed to building on its buggy success over the past two years and it is therefore critical that you all spread the word about the venue and we keep numbers strong. The more people coming the more the club feels confident in investing. We do not wish to run at a a profit and we have good cash reserves so as long as you support us in numbers and voice the club will continue to invest in improving.

Regards

Dale - Chairman
Ben Cosgrove
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Ben Cosgrove »

Hi Guys

Options for April racing are as follows

April 2 would be OK
4wd Coventry regional on Sunday

April 9 would be OK
2WD Osewestry regional on Sunday

Saturday 16 Off Road national so no racing (same as through the rest of the year)

Saturday 23rd April Bank Holiday weekend so no racing.

My main concern is the not having the container ready in time for an April start as we are due to finish the week before in March.

I would be happy to have the 2 weeks in April as practice meetings/work parties to make sure the venue is ready for the start in May.