Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

2WD MID-WEST REGIONAL THIS SUNDAY - RD1

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi all,

Just to remind everyone that its ROUND 1 of the 2WD Mid-West Off-Road Regional Championships this Sunday - 4TH APRIL

This Meeting will be held on the New Astro-Turf Track in STOKE

ARRIVAL TIME : Around 7.45am

BOOKING IN : This will be around 8.30am

PRACTICE : This will be around 9am & will be done in Heat Order

RACE FEE : £6 if you Pre-Book, £8 if you Enter on the Day

The Deadline for Pre-Booking is this Wednesday Lunchtime - 31ST MARCH

If you want to PRE-BOOK, please use the Link below :

http://domain2134136.sites.fasthosts.com/booking.html

Please remember, if you DONT Pre-Book & decide to Enter on the Day, you will be Paying £2 more, you'll be placed in Heat 1 & you WONT be allowed to do the PRACTICE SESSION

ADDRESS
Stoke Racing Club,
Loomer Road,
Stoke,
ST5 7LB

For Directions & more Information, please use the following Link :

ttp://www.stoke-nitro.co.uk/s.n.r.c/index.html

Hopefully see some of you there!
Musicman
Getting started
Getting started
Name: Paul

Re: 2WD MID-WEST REGIONAL THIS SUNDAY - RD1

Post by Musicman »

Might just add bit of semi local knowledge as I have raced Rallycross there several times. The track is very narrow, in places it seems narrower than the indoor track at HRCCC, especially on the backstraight. The loop is in an awkward place too (straight after a jump, right before a hairpin corner) so if you get it wrong, you can easily miss the loop, and find your self loosing a few seconds.

The newer section of the track to the left is quite nice, especially the elevated tabletop corner, yet remains quite tight like the rest of the track. I wouldn't say it was technical, but more of a stop/start affair, with more hairpins and tight corners than chicanes.

The Astro is quite thick, and not like Coventry's. The pile is quite long, and is more reminiscent of a non-degradable grass track, which can be tough if you choose the wrong tyres. Mini Pins should be good in the dry, possibly a block tyre if it's extremely dry (I would run PL Crimefighters to find a bit more speed in the middle sections on my 1/8 - not sure on 1/10 options -PL bowties?). in the wet, Mini Spikes should do the trick, as on 1/8 Anglespikes or Spirals are the tyre of choice.

One thing to remember Jarod, who runs the club, is very hot on people having BRCA cards with them - no card, no race - so please remember your memberships!

Hope this helps you guys, Good luck and have fun!
Ben Cosgrove
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Ben Cosgrove »

Musicman wrote:Might just add bit of semi local knowledge as I have raced Rallycross there several times. The track is very narrow, in places it seems narrower than the indoor track at HRCCC, especially on the backstraight. The loop is in an awkward place too (straight after a jump, right before a hairpin corner) so if you get it wrong, you can easily miss the loop, and find your self loosing a few seconds.

The newer section of the track to the left is quite nice, especially the elevated tabletop corner, yet remains quite tight like the rest of the track. I wouldn't say it was technical, but more of a stop/start affair, with more hairpins and tight corners than chicanes.

The Astro is quite thick, and not like Coventry's. The pile is quite long, and is more reminiscent of a non-degradable grass track, which can be tough if you choose the wrong tyres. Mini Pins should be good in the dry, possibly a block tyre if it's extremely dry (I would run PL Crimefighters to find a bit more speed in the middle sections on my 1/8 - not sure on 1/10 options -PL bowties?). in the wet, Mini Spikes should do the trick, as on 1/8 Anglespikes or Spirals are the tyre of choice.

One thing to remember Jarod, who runs the club, is very hot on people having BRCA cards with them - no card, no race - so please remember your memberships!

Hope this helps you guys, Good luck and have fun!
Thanks for the info and heads up ;) All I need now is for my new car to arrive in time :?
HPI/Hot Bodies/Maverick/Merlin/Optifuel/GM/Muchmore UK/CustomBlitz/Hudy
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi all,

What a great Track to go to, to kick off the 2WD Mid-West Regional Championships of the 2010 Season!

It was also good to see a good Turnout of HRCCC Racers Competing! :D

Unfortunately, the Weather could have been alot better, as it had Rained the 2 Days before the Event, making the Track very Damp & Slippy! It did'nt stop there either, with on/off Showers during the course of the day, it made very awkward to run the Optimum compound Mini-spike Tyre for the Conditions!

The Track itself, was very Challenging.....especially for us HRCCC Guys, as we had'nt really done much Practice since the Outdoor Off-Road Season last year!
It featured a variaton of Banked corners, Table Tops, Humpback Jumps & a unique Rumble strip.......all of which the majority of us managed to master by the 3rd Qualifying Round - unfortunately there were 2 Double Jumps though, that were short & steep, making it very tricky for most of the Racers to clear(eventhough the Local Stoke Guys did it everytime!). If you could master these, you could knock around 2 seconds off your Laptimes!

All in all, we still had a really enjoyable days Racing & are looking forward to the next Round - RD2 OSWESTRY

HERE ARE SOME PHOTOS FROM THE REGIONAL LASTWEEK :