Which 10.5

Stock and Modified
JamesG

Which 10.5

Post by JamesG »

Seeing as my novak 10.5 has given up the ghost I'm on the lookout for a new one, any ideas on which to go for?
deaks
Name: Scott Deakin
Car: T2 009

Re: Which 10.5

Post by deaks »

Plenty of people have good things to say about the GM at the moment. It was the weapon of choice for Ben at the nationals.
"Sponge and a bit of Jam"
JamesG

Post by JamesG »

Cheers mate they seem quite reasonably priced too. Does anyone else have any suggestions before I order?
Martyn
Name: Martyn Ross
Car: XRAY T4 14

Post by Martyn »

Hi James,

I was running the GM on Saturday just gone with a Nosram Spec speedo, very smooth and speed seems to be on par with the Novaks. Plus is only £65 :D

Their are new 10.5's from Novak & Speed Passion, but not heard any reports on these yet.

Martyn
Concept Racing
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Name: Eric Wilcock
Car: XB8TQ, HB C12

Post by Concept Racing »

I got 2 Brand new Novak Velociti 10.5 motors on sale at the moment reduced from £90 to 69.99, give me a call if your interested, cheers Eric
JamesG

Post by JamesG »

Thanks for the offer Eric but I've got it sorted now, I've gone for one of the novak ballistic's.
Rich
Average Member
Average Member
Name: Richard Ninness
Car: T2 008, X-6², V12

Post by Rich »

Thought I'd bump this as I know some people are thinking about moving from 13.5 to 10.5. What's the best one to go for? Are the new lrp/nosram stock spec's noticeably better than the likes of GM and Speed Passion?
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi Rich,

If your looking to Upgrade to the 10.5T Pro-Stock Touring Class, then the Following are worth considering :

Novak Ballistic
GM Pro Star Wind
Speed Passion V3.0
LRP X12 Stock Spec
Nosram Pure Evo

I've used the Novak Ballistic & I've found that to be really good, as it gives plenty of Grunt out of the Corners, as well as not getting too hot, whatever Gearing you give it! I've also used the New LRP X12/Nosram Pure Evo, which seems to give Good Performance, but they do seem to run very hot.......if your Geared slightly out, you can easily Blow it up! Its already happened to me! :cry:
Martyn has been running the GM Pro, since we started the 10.5 Class. His car always has plenty of Speed, yet the Power seems to be very Smooth.......it also seems to run quite Cool & very Efficient!
Dont know much about the New Speed Passion V3.0......except Colin Price was running one at HRCCC, a few weeks back & his Car looked very Fast! :shock:
Rich
Average Member
Average Member
Name: Richard Ninness
Car: T2 008, X-6², V12

Post by Rich »

Hi Dean,

I'd heard a lot about the X12 running very hot, and profiles 7 & 8 on the SPX (which I run) being unsuitable for it. Apparently it feels quite like a brushed motor too with a fair bit of drag brake? Some of the US drivers were saying it requires a different driving style because of this, but it does run really quick if the gearing it right!

I've heard a lot of good things about the SP V3.0, supposed to run extremely cool, which for someone who isn't too sure about gearing motors (like me :oops:) is ideal! In fact I've just ordered one, so will see how it goes!