ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL BUGGY MEETING AT HINCKLEY

Retro, 2WD and 4WD
Wacker2
Name: Jon Seals(Wacker2)
Car: TLR 22

Re: ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL BUGGY MEETING AT HINCKLEY

Post by Wacker2 »

I know there were some photos being taken at the track last weekend (saturday 22nd August)... do we have these photo's available to post on the forum???

Would be great to see them

Thanks, Jon!
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Post by Wacker1 »

Yes, Ben Slingsby is in the Process of sorting out the BEST Photos from the Club Meeting last Saturday 8)

I'll Post them up as soon as I have them :D
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dale Knight
Car: TOP Photon

Post by Dale »

Hi Guys,

PLease remind everyone that there is NO racing at Hinckley on Saturday 29th August due to the Cov show.

Regards Dale
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi all,

Last Saturday(22nd August), saw the PENULTIMATE Round of Hinckleys Off-Road Club Championships.

It was good to see a high Attendence of Racers turning up early, to Transport the Track Markings/Obstacles, down to the Trackside, to help build the Track.
Another great Circuit was made(thanks to Andy/Ben Slingsby & the rest of the Crew), which featured the Rumble Strip at the beginning of the Lap, followed by a tight, twisty section of bends, leading on to the Main Ramp, adjacent to the Back Straight. The Main Table Top was situated, so it could be taken a fairly High Speed! Which then followed the Smaller, Steeper Table Top, positioned at a slight angle.......the optimum way over was to take it steady & land on the Downslope! This also gave a better run onto the Sweeper, leading to the nice long Main Straight, featured at the backend of the Track. The final few Corners, were nice wide flowing Chicanes, which could be taken at reasonable Pace......apart from the last Corner, where we had the final Ramp..........the best Technique for saving time on this, was to take it at the angle, straight over the corner......which some realised in the Finals, making up a Postion!(you know who you are! :lol: )

Thanks to BEN McQUEEN again, for giving up some of his spare time, to run the Race Control.........he did such a good job of running the Meeting, he even managed to get us in 2 Leg Finals, as well as the 4 Qualifying Rounds!
Personally, I prefered it........hope we can do that again in the Future!

HERE ARE A SELECTION OF PHOTOS THAT BEN SLINGSBY TOOK, FROM LAST SATURDAYS(22nd AUGUST) MEETING :

THE TRACK

KEN RIETHS 1983 TEAM SPEC GOLD TUB RC10

A RETRO RACERS TRUCK

THE START OF HEAT 4 QUALIFYING

MARTYN ROSS CHASING DEAN GIBBS FOR TQ IN QUALIFYING

IN THE PITS WITH MARK STEVENS & BEN BRIDGWATER

DEAN GIBBS'S ATOMIC CR2 ABOUT TO LAND ON PAUL CROCKERS ATOMIC S2

THE A FINAL DRIVER LINE UP

THE A FINAL GRID LINE UP

BACK IN THE PITS!

JON SEALS & MARTYN ROSS BATTLING IT OUT FOR 2ND PLACE - ASSOCIATED RC10 B4 vs KYOSHO ULTIMA RB5

BEN BRIDGWATER & PAUL CROCKER BATTLING IT OUT FOR 4TH PLACE - AN ATOMIC S2 SHOWDOWN!

JON SEALS BEING 'MADRATTED' BY ERIC WILCOCK

DUE TO MANY OF THE HINCKLEY CLUB MEMBERS RACING AT THE 'STONELEIGH FESTIVAL' THIS BANK HOLIDAY WEEKEND, THERE WONT BE A CLUB MEETING AT JCC.

HINCKLEY CLUBS FINAL BUGGY MEETING WILL BE ON THE FOLLOWING SATURDAY - 5TH SEPTEMBER
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Dale »

This saturday will be our last outdoor meeting of the season and as such I want it to be a cracker!!

I am really proud of the effort and the support of our members this year to confirm to us that Buggy racing has a future for the club.

As such I shall be approaching the school to discuss various improvements for next year so to make the facility even better!

Any suggestions for next year should be placed in the AGM section so they can be discussed during the AGM please asap, which is 26th Sept at the JCC before racing.

Lets have a fab last buggy meeting at Hinckley and make sure we get the numbers!!!!!!!!

Regards Dale - Chairman Dale
Chairman :D
Hail Ming
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: James Carroll
Car: MM & X2 Evo

Post by Hail Ming »

Great meeting everyone - that was just what we wanted. Thanks to everyone who participated in the Retro Racers series over the summer, I thoroughly enjoyed myself and I hope you did too. Now looking forward to the indoor season.

Cheers :D

James
Try 'Quick Silver', the Amazing Silver Can Powered Touring Car Class at HRCCC
Eddystone
Name: Richard Dobson
Car: Tamiya TA05v2IFS

Post by Eddystone »

As we'll be missing Deans great write up and racing review this week I thought I'd add a few words and photos of this weeks track layout for reference. Due to Dean and others being off racing elsewhere we were down to just three heats for the final offroad meeting of the season. Weather was good and an excellent days racing was had. The track layout was quite open and flowing and a pleasure to race on. The retro racers had an excellent turn out and made up a third of the racers today. Both Scott and Dale were racing retro. Scott with his "purple terror" Brat while Dale raced the club Mardave and took to the steering wheel controller like a duck to ice-skating! Race control computer decided to have an end of season wobble and resulted in a couple of heats being stopped mid race and re-run - big capacity batteries we're a bonus, with a few cars failing to finish the restarted races. Overall though an enjoyable end to the outdoor race season.

See you all indoors - should be a good Winter season. I'm looking forward to the spirit of the retro racers being transferred through to the new Tamiya on-road racing class.

Richard

Track Layout - seems a bit short of marshalls!
Retro Racers Heat Start Line Up
Another Retro Racers Heat Start Line Up!
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Wacker1 »

Nice write up & Pics Eddystone :D

It was unfortunate that the 'End Of Season' 2WD Off-Road Finals were on Saturday, otherwise I would have been Racing at Hinckleys LAST Buggy Meeting, for the 2009 Outdoor Season..........it looks like I missed a really good Meeting & Fast Track! :(

I heard that Jon Seals took the Win & became World Champion, in the Competition Buggy Class :lol:

I hope the same Success & Intrest will carry on for the Outdoor Off-Road Buggy Season Next Year!

It would also be really good if we held another 2WD Mid-West Off-Road Regional Round as well 8)

See you all Indoors!
Wacker2
Name: Jon Seals(Wacker2)
Car: TLR 22

Post by Wacker2 »

Wacker1 wrote:
I heard that Jon Seals took the Win & became World Champion, in the Competition Buggy Class :lol:

:lol: WORLD CHAAAAAAMMPPIIOOONNNNNN!!!! :lol:
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Dale »

After interviewing Jon on his great success he wanted to pay tribute to the excellent food on the day which in his words "made the difference in his reaction times and gave him the fuel to chase his dream of beating Dean."

The last meeting did go very well indeed and I wanted to say a big thank you to all those who have made this an excellent summers racing. The attitude to the track being built and put away and the friendly banter has made the summer such a success and the Hinckley club members should be very proud of themselves.

There were some comments made about the new ramps which might be well served having a coat of black varnish before having a winter on none use. Is there anyone who has some which is the same as already used and is prepared to help paint them a week on saturday when we race indoors?

If I can have a hand I do not mind doing this (subject to weather) as I want to ensure these are kepts in excellent condition for next year.

Also buggy drivers it is getting close to the AGM so if you want to put suggestions forward to us for consideration you need to use the forum AGM section which has been set up. This year we want to discuss suggestions but will not be opening the floor to new ideas on the day as this is never the best way of using our pre-race time!

I will also confirm that we have already asked for a West Mids Regional again and also a 4wd one and as the college have allowed us to camp over the night before I want to encourage us to use this as a way to make a weekend of it for next year!!

I look forward to seeing you all on tehe 19th indoors! :D
JamesG

Post by JamesG »

Dale wrote: West Mids Regional again and also a 4wd one and as the college have allowed us to camp over the night before I want to encourage us to use this as a way to make a weekend of it for next year!!
Good work on the 4wd Dale
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Dale »

Please note all you who have a link to the buggy discussion that the AGMJ is this saturday at the college 10.30am prompt start in the mobile opposite the hall.

Please attend if you can.

Thanks

Dale
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Dale »

Hi Guys,

For all you buggy drivers we have provided a heat for indoor racing on foam tyres. James turned up this week as the only buggy and was unable to race it. As such if you are thinking about running indoors now is you time to show up with your cars!

If we do not get the required numbers to hold a consistent heat then we are offically going to scrap this option from racing indoors.

Kind Regards Dale