James m
Average Member
Average Member
Name: James manns
Car: XXX bk2, Cyclone TC

spur gears for indoor?

Post by James m »

hi,
only have 1 spur gear for my cyclone and i've found someone with a few spare.
he has 80, 81, 82 , are these good with a 13.5??

James
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Re: spur gears for indoor?

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi James,

The Hot Bodies Cyclone(Latest TC Model)has the Upgraded 18T Pulleys & Belts as Standard........this means that it would be Geared slightly different to all of the Previous Versions of the Cyclone Touring Car.

If your planning to run a 13.5T Motor Indoors, I would say that a good Starting Point for Gearing, would be to have a Final Drive Ratio of around 5.4

Ideally, this would mean that you'd be Geared at : 98Spur/39Pinion(What I was on at HRCCC last Season)

If you've still got the Original Spur Gear from the Cyclone TC Kit, you could go on : 100Spur/40Pinion, which would also acheive the Ratio you need :D

I'm not sure, but its doubtful that the other Spur Gears you mentioned, would Mesh with the Pinion you'd need, to get the Required Ratio for 13.5T Motor.

Hope this helps :)
James m
Average Member
Average Member
Name: James manns
Car: XXX bk2, Cyclone TC

Re: spur gears for indoor?

Post by James m »

hi dean,
i think my cyclone is the 08' model and i just got a roller as i bought it second hand.
also i dont really know alot about ratio's and gearing so i need some help sortin it out.
on saterday it was not bad around the infield but down the straight it was pathetic.

cheers, James