Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

2WD MID-WEST REGIONAL THIS SUNDAY - RD3

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi all,

Just to remind everyone that its ROUND 3 of the 2WD Mid-West Off-Road Regional Championships this Sunday - 7TH JUNE

This Meeting will be held on the Multi-Surface(Grass, Dirt & Paving)Track at LEDBURY

ARRIVAL TIME : Around 7.30-7.45am

PRACTICE : This will be around 8.30am & will be done in Heat Order

There will be 4 Qualifying Rounds, with your best 2 to Count, then Finals

RACE FEE : £6 if you Pre-Book, £8 if you Enter on the Day

The Deadline for Pre-Booking is this Wednesday Lunchtime - 3RD JUNE

If you want to PRE-BOOK, please use the Link below, to the Online Mid-West Regional Booking In System :

http://domain2134136.sites.fasthosts.com/booking.html

Please remember, if you DONT Pre-Book & decide to Enter on the Day, you will be Paying £2 more & you WONT be allowed to do the PRACTICE SESSION

Hopefully see you all there!
The mad1
Name: keith jacques
Car: associated b4

Re: 2WD MID-WEST REGIONAL THIS SUNDAY - RD3

Post by The mad1 »

i cant wait for this one, what tyres are the best for the track and will i need more than 1 set ?
Wacker2
Name: Jon Seals(Wacker2)
Car: TLR 22

Post by Wacker2 »

The mad1 wrote:i cant wait for this one, what tyres are the best for the track and will i need more than 1 set ?
You tend to find that the same tyres tend to work at most tracks... Scheumacher yellows for the dry, and Ballistic Buggy Greens for the wet.

I always try to have atleast 2 new sets of tyres on hand for a regional but for this weekend I'll only have 1 new set to hand... and thats only if I can sort them out before the weekend so its possible I may have to use used tyres all day :( I cant remember what the grip level was like at Ledbury but as with all the regionals that are running on the grass tracks the grip WILL definately go by the end of the day due to the amount of heats running on it all day!

Very good track tho, has natural humps and bumps as well as a pathed area and a section that the call the 'dust bowl', which is essentially just dust with no grass on which really makes the track exciting as its easy to get wrong - but ow so satisfying when you get it right!!! :D

I shant be racing on Saturday at HRCCC as I have other commitments, so I'll be looking to get all my weekends racing on the Sunday so it should be a very good day!

See you there, Jon!

P.s, not sure if we are going there in a convoy as we did with Kidderminster... I'll let Dean "The Organiser" Gibbs arrange travel plans!!! :lol:
The mad1

Post by The mad1 »

im gutted i cant make this one who do i have to talk to to cancel is it tom yardy? :evil:
Wacker2
Name: Jon Seals(Wacker2)
Car: TLR 22

Post by Wacker2 »

yeah, you need to email Tom Yardey to tell him you wont be there... shame you cant make it, whats occured??

To everybody else, you have until midday tomorrow (June 3rd) to get your entries in for the regional at Ledbury. If you havent got your entry in yet, make sure you do so else you wont be allowed a practice session and will have to pay an extra £2 for race fees.

Also, to all you 4wd guys... they have agreed to put on a 4wd heat even tho it is a 2wd regional and so if you want to race your 4wd cars this Sunday then submit your entries by midday tomorrow.

Go onto the MIDWEST regional website (link below), click on the entry form for the 2wd Ledbury meeting on Sunday 7th June and submit your details. If you are wanting to run 4wd then make sure you put "4WD" after your name so that they know what you intend to race.

http://www.brca-midwest.co.uk/

Thanks, Jon!
The mad1

Post by The mad1 »

funds mainly buddy and the lack there of ssince i left the missis i aint been getting anything iv had to aply for jobseekers and its not enough to cover traveling costs im also having to sort alot of other stuff out to do with the split aswell so unfortunatly i can make this one but i will be at the rest fingers crossed
stox217
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Nick
Car: V12

Post by stox217 »

Carn't make it either :|
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Post by Wacker1 »

Heres alittle more Information on exactly where the 2WD Mid-West Off-Road Regional Meeting is being held this Sunday :

MAP

LOCATION DETAILS
O/s grid ref - SO741 319 - Satnav ref HR8 1PB
- Lat 51 59'12 26" N Long 2 22' 36 07" W

DIRECTIONS TO LEDBURY :

Accessed off the M50 Junction 2, head on the A417 towards Ledbury. Turn left off A417 after 3/4 of a mile into Beach Lane (signed Bromesberrow Heath). Shortly turn left at crossroad that takes you over M50. Once over the M50 turn right towards Ryton and travel 400yds up hill. Just after whie house turn left into Lintridge Farm. Passing barn, horse riding and farm buildings bear right and continue on this lane till on downward slope where turn left around hay barn and track is sited behind trees.”

Theres a Group of us from the Hinckley Club that have Entered this Meeting, which we're all planning to follow each other over in a Convoy. We will be meeting at the TEXACO Garage between the HINCKLEY KNIGHT Pub & the M69 Roundabout around 6.05am on Sunday morning, if anymore Racers would like to join us.
JamesG

Post by JamesG »

This has been cancelled guys, email from Tom Yardy;

Hi Guys,

Due to a high volume of cancellations leading to a lack of entry numbers and the threat of bad weather for tomorrow, we have taken the decision to CANCEL TOMORROW'S 2WD REGIONAL AT LEDBURY. This event will not be rescheduled due to calendar congestion and the 2wd series will now consist of just 4 rounds. I hope this is sufficient notice, can any of you who have a group of friends who you fear may not read their mails or oople before tomorrow please inform them that the meeting is off.

Hope to see all of you at a sunnier Kidderminster next week for 4wd rd 3.

Regards,
Tom