Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

SUCCESSFUL 2WD REGIONAL MEETING AT HINCKLEY

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi all,

After many Months of hardwork & preparation, Today(Sunday 24th May)was the day of the Hinckleys Clubs Round of the 2WD Mid-West Off Road Regional Championships.
It all started last Lastnight, when Dale, Scott, myself & a selection of Hinckley Members ended up staying behind after Saturdays Club Meeting, to lift the Track, move & totally redesign a NEW much larger Track for the Regional Meeting.......by the time we'd completed this, it was around 8.45pm :shock:

From Arrival, the Weather was Fantastic & the Racers were flocking in, practically filling the Carpark in minutes! It was very rewarding to see that all the Clubs hardwork had payed off! :D
Race Control was in a different position to usual, this time being situated in a Gazebo on the righthand side of the Circuit. The good thing about this was that quite a few Racers ended up Pitting around it, giving a really good atmosphere around the Track area.
After 'Booking In', it was great to see a Listing of 8 FULL Heats, knowing that we were all in for a great day of Competitive Racing, yet still lots of fun!
It was the Regular Format of Regional Off-Road Racing.i.e a Practice Round in Heat Order, followed by 4 Qualifying Rounds(with your BEST 2 to Count), then Finals............with the 'A' Final having 3 Legs(with your BEST 2 to Count), as per usual.
The Track itself, was quite large(around 22 Seconds per Lap), but Technical, incorporating 2 Table Tops, 2 Large Ramps, 2 Small Ramps & a Rumble Strip, as well as including a Bumpy Dirt section just infront of the Rostrum, so there was plenty to keep Drivers occupied! I heard MANY positive comments during the day, from other Club Racers, regarding our Track Layout & Features........especially the Rumble Strip!

Hinckleys 2WD Regional Meeting could'nt have gone any better Today(24th), exceeding everybodies expectations(Racers & Organisers), I really do think that this has put us back on the Map, as a Premier Outdoor Off-Road Buggy Club through the Summer, to coinside with the fantastic Indoor Facility that we already have through the Winter Season. Maybe we'll have the chance to hold a 2WD Round & a 4WD Round of the Mid-West Regional Championships Next Year? 8)

I'd just like to say thanks to Dale, Scott, Roger & Chris, as well as all of the Hinckley Club Members that helped make this Event happen :D

HERE ARE SOME PHOTOS FROM HINCKLEYS 2WD OFF-ROAD BUGGY REGIONAL MEETING TODAY(Sunday 24th May) :

I noticed a Guy from another Club taking quite alot of Photos during the Days Racing, I managed to get hold of them, so if you'd like to see them, please click on the Link below :

http://www.ashleywilliams.myphotoalbum.com/
Last edited by Wacker1 on Mon May 25, 2009 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Re: SUCCESSFUL 2WD REGIONAL MEETING AT HINCKLEY

Post by Wacker1 »

TODAYS RESULTS(Sunday 24th May)

BRCA West Midlands 2wd Off-Road Buggy Regional Championships

HINCKLEY

A Final
Pos Car Name
1 1 Mark Stanley
2 3 Tom Yardy
3 2 Phil Sleigh
4 5 Tony Bishop
5 6 Dean Gibbs
6 8 Matthew Dodd
7 4 Simon Moss
8 10 Paul Robinson
9 9 Chris Bowater
10 7 Andy Jones

B Final
1 1 Ben Cosgrove
2 2 James Ambrose
3 7 Tony Parr
4 9 Paul Crocker
5 5 Jonathan Clark
6 4 Rob Harris
7 3 Jon Seals
8 6 Martyn Ross
9 10 Ian Purnell
10 8 Stuart Hurley

C Final
1 3 Adam Tinsley
2 6 James Evans
3 4 Jason Bennett
4 2 Jonathan Kedge
5 7 Matt Simpson
6 1 Nick Caro
7 9 Mike Bradbury
8 10 Martin Booth
9 5 Nick Turner
10 8 Mike Temple

D Final
1 3 Brian Preddy
2 2 Andrew Mountford
3 8 Jamie Banks
4 1 Craig Jones
5 5 Craig Nutting
6 7 Mike Pimlott
7 4 Michael Elliott
8 6 Jake Hemming
9 9 Ken Reith
10 10 Andrew Reeves

E Final
1 4 Chris Robinson
2 1 Nick Hudson
3 5 Craig Gibson
4 6 Paul Flinders
5 8 Russell Wynn-Smith
6 7 Wayne Stockbridge
7 9 Jeff Stanton
8 10 Jamie Cheshire
9 2 Ashley Williams
10 3 John Langley

F Final
1 1 Christopher Kapp
2 3 David Ingram
3 4 Andrew Slingsby
4 8 Chris Forrest
5 9 Kyron Jarman
6 7 Keith Jacques
7 10 Paul Kennerson
8 6 Scott Deakin
9 2 David Warr
10 5 Connor Steptoe

G Final
1 1 Tom Jordan
2 5 Sam Callister
3 4 Melissa Walker
4 2 James Manns
5 3 Tom Lord
Last edited by Wacker1 on Mon May 25, 2009 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
The mad1
Name: keith jacques
Car: associated b4

Post by The mad1 »

fair play to you guys that built the track its the best track iv raced on ever it was fantastic and the hole day was outstanding, all i heard all day was people saying how much they liked the track so hopefully they will start coming to the club meets aswell
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dale Knight
Car: TOP Photon

Post by Dale »

Hi Everyone,

Firstly thank you to Dean for starting this forum link and for confirming my own thoughts etc, also for you fantastic showing at the meeting. You really are starting to establish yourself as a very strong Regional buggy racer and as you were up in the mix with some of the best, you are knocking on the door of getting better and better.

I was a very proud Chairman on Sunday for lots of reasons. The effort behind the scenes from the club and its members was first rate and I cannot thank you all enough for what you helped us to achieve.

I really believe that this was one of the very best meetings ever held by the club and the venue proved we can compete at the highest level now.

If we avoided 'no shows' we would have hit 70 drivers and I know I have not seen a buggy meeting that full, let alone helped organise it!!!!

I was going out Monday, but I am too tired!

See you all saturday.

Regards Dale
Wacker2
Name: Jon Seals(Wacker2)
Car: TLR 22

Post by Wacker2 »

Photos from Sundays HRCCC Regional event:

http://www.ashleywilliams.myphotoalbum.com/

Jon