to much hassel!!!!!

Retro, 2WD and 4WD
WARRENRYAN
I'm not a brummie I'm a Yam Yam!
Name: WARRENRYAN

to much hassel!!!!!

Post by WARRENRYAN »

Since iv'e been trying to get in to the buggy' racing iv'e had nothing but trouble!! OK i was given a cat 2000 with TC shocks on which was ok for racing in doors :) Then i bought another one with load of bits.. Iv'e now put the two together making a cracking 4wd super fast buggy :twisted: ........ :( WRONG...some dip stick in the 90's thought it would be good idea to make a 4wd buggy that run on two rubber belts :? WHY.. OH WHY. Back then i would have smacked him over the head and said "your on how much a year you knob head" I stripped both cars down to nothing' cleaned everything up' and then built one back up to the book. I even placed the pinion/spur cover back on. BUT everytime i use it on grass/dirt some how i allways end up with a brick in the rear pully :x 3 rear belt iv'e gone through £9 quid a go. also everytime i try for power you can hear one of the pully's slipping. And not knowing the right gearing as well iv'e already blown 2 brushed motors up a (12t...and a brand new 13t) So on that note just like in the dragon's den IM OUT!!
Wacker2
Name: Jon Seals(Wacker2)
Car: TLR 22

Re: to much hassel!!!!!

Post by Wacker2 »

I'm sure its prob just something simple... I'm no 4wd wiz kid but I'm sure a few of us at the club can look over the car on Saturday for you and get you up and running.

You gotta battle on... we need as many as we can this year and I promise you'll luv it when you're up and running!!!

See you on Saturday!

Jon!
The mad1
Name: keith jacques
Car: associated b4

Post by The mad1 »

il have a look at it for you buddy its been along time since i raced a 4wd buggy but im sure it wont be much different to the bosscat/pro cats i used to race :wink:
WARRENRYAN

Post by WARRENRYAN »

Hi jon. I really should get a b4' that's what my heart is telling me. But for how much i would use it i dont think its worth it. I have stripped down the car' to see what the problem was but i can't see everything wrong with it. Everything seem's to be where it should be. The front and rear pully's are in good condition' and i have fitted a brand new braking system to the car which allows you to have a lot or just a bit of brake on the rear end. leaving the front wheels to run freely And thats works a treat. Iv'e also changed it to 6 cells now instead of running on 7 cells. When the runs it runs great i couldn't ask for anything more. It just keeps making a sound like a two gears are slipping.

To be honest with you jon' i might as well save my money untill the next in door season. Buy the new hot bodies 12x and a fast trax tyre machine. and some other bits and bobs which i might need.

But saying that' i do really like the buggy. So i will try and sort the dam thing out before i race it. thank for your input jon.......waza.
The mad1

Post by The mad1 »

is it the same noise as it was making when you had it at the club? if so that sounded like the diff/slipper clutch buddy
WARRENRYAN

Post by WARRENRYAN »

This is going to sound stupid' but imagine holding a spur gear in one hand' and then holdind a strip of plastic in the other' and running the strip down the teeth of the spur gear. thats the sound im getting. i said it may sound stupid :oops:
The mad1

Post by The mad1 »

WARRENRYAN wrote:This is going to sound stupid' but imagine holding a spur gear in one hand' and then holdind a strip of plastic in the other' and running the strip down the teeth of the spur gear. thats the sound im getting. i said it may sound stupid :oops:
lol i get what ya mean matey when are you at the club next ? if you bring it along we can get it sorted im sure and you can have all the belts i have knocking about dunno if any of them will be any good to you but can try them :wink:
unless you wana pop over mine sometime next week and we can sort it
WARRENRYAN

Post by WARRENRYAN »

Just had a thought????? what if i change the car to rear wheel drive only. That way its one pully pulling the rear the belt/
The mad1

Post by The mad1 »

could do buddy but i doubt if you will get the same handling from it although if i remember right some people use to do that
Burns
Getting started
Getting started
Name: Austin

Post by Burns »

Hi Warren, sorry to see you having trouble. My son will miss the first 2 outdoor meetings due to other things. His spare B4 is in a box your welcome to use it for a couple of meetings. It is a roller so needs your kit. Cheers Chris.
JamesG

Post by JamesG »

Don't you have a lexan cover for over the rear belt?
WARRENRYAN

Post by WARRENRYAN »

I do use the lexon cover but that's not the problem. Will try and strip the car down again to find the fault.
WARRENRYAN

Post by WARRENRYAN »

Image hi guys. found out its the layshaft pulley which was worn down :( it was one of those things which was stairing me straight in the face. orderd a new one now so just waiting????
Hail Ming
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: James Carroll
Car: MM & X2 Evo

Post by Hail Ming »

Hi Warren,

Glad to hear you found the problem...knew it had to be something simple.

James
Try 'Quick Silver', the Amazing Silver Can Powered Touring Car Class at HRCCC