A vote for indoor buggies.

Retro, 2WD and 4WD
dogpinkscot
Name: Justin
Car: Atomic S2 Mega Dave

Re: A vote for indoor buggies.

Post by dogpinkscot »

i wish i hadnt said anything ....i was asking if anyone was interested in running them at leicester wednesday night as we have done this before

lets not get into rules and such for a class thats not even ran yet
The mad1
Name: keith jacques
Car: associated b4

Post by The mad1 »

lol i have been talking to dale for the last few weeks about running buggies indoors next season lol
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dale Knight
Car: TOP Photon

Post by Dale »

Dear All,

Interesting forum debate guys and I see some of the old people at the club remembering (like me) the heats with buggys some years ago.

Just to make a point guys that indoor buggy racing is seeing big numbers at the moment for some of the events (180 booked in at one event), which shows that this could be a growing side of the hobby. They run mini pins and I believe modified motors, but I do also remember the issues with the pins and how many weeks they lasted.

We all then went onto foams which were quicker and cheaper to run, but with this we are moving away from the popular forumula for this so I think this would be wrong in some ways.

Also I do think that 13.5/27t is better as it leads to closer racing like we used to have.

I might suggest that we all run schu blue mini spikes as these are harder and last longer. That way we could reduce costs a little and thus encourage more to take part.

Would I run in it..................dont think I would as for me the enjoyment of buggys is for outside and its a change from running the same thing all year. I would say however that there seems to be some interest in this and if you can agree on a class then you have a chance of running a heat for it.

David made a good point about the ramps, but if it was up to me I would not use them.

Regards

Dale