Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

MIDLAND ASTRO-TURF MASTERS THIS SUNDAY - 22nd MARCH

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi all,

As theres NO Racing at the Hinckley Club this Saturday & the Weather for the Weekend is meant to be good, I thought that some of you out there may be intrested in Racing this Sunday - 22nd March.
The Meeting is for 'ELECTRIC' 2WD & 4WD Off-Road Buggies only & will be held on the Astro-Turf Track at the Coventry Club. Its only £4 to Race & it would be good Preparation for everyone who's planning to do the Hinckley Clubs Outdoor Off-Road Season starting in May.
'Booking In' will Open around 8am & Racing will Start around 9.30am.

HERE ARE SOME PHOTOS OF THE TRACK THAT WE'LL BE RACING ON :
warr2
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Name: David

Re: MIDLAND ASTRO-TURF MASTERS THIS SUNDAY - 22nd MARCH

Post by warr2 »

Dean / or anybody else that's going

Any chance of sharing the corner of a table / 12 volt ?

Thinking about going as long as its dry, but won't have a table or 12V available.

Also what gearing for a 6.5 ?

Cheers

Warr
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi David,

As far as I'm aware, Nick Hudson, Jon Seals, Paul Crocker, Zak Finlay, Justin/James Baker, Jamie Chesire & me will be Racing at Coventry Tomorrow 8)
I(& many others) usually Pit out of the back of our Cars, but I'm sure there'll be a Pit Table or two, with enough room for you to use :D
Some Racers Charge directly from their Car(Real Car), but a few of us are bringing some Leisure 12v Batteries as well, so it should'nt be much of a problem if you need to tap off :D

A good Gear Ratio starting point on a 6.5T Sintered Brushless Motor in a 2WD Buggy would be : 10.2
warr2
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Name: David

Post by warr2 »

Cheers.

Not a fan of charging of batteries installed in real cars. - Been caught out before.

Also had 1 or 2 electronic issues with the real car of late which I suspect may be voltage related.

Brushless speedo seems to be playing up now anyway so looks unlikely i will make it tommorrow.