Championship 07-02-2009 Round 5

Questions and issues with the results
Webmaster
The website guy
Name: Ben McQueen
Car: Xray T2 09

Championship 07-02-2009 Round 5

Post by Webmaster »

The championship should be correct now. There have also been some small changes:

-Mardave has been split into two different classes: Mardave V12 and Mardave MOD.
-Each round of the championship has been recalculated with points for all member types.
-Round 6 and onwards will be points for current members only.

Many thanks to Roger for his work. :mrgreen:

Goto Results Page
stox217
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Nick
Car: V12

Re: Championship 07-02-2009 Round 5

Post by stox217 »

Is the mardave f2 for junior's? or what is it for?
dogpinkscot
Name: Justin
Car: Atomic S2 Mega Dave

Post by dogpinkscot »

the results are a bit of a mess scott james baker came 3rd twice in A final but did not score any points for round five he is a bit confused at the minute other brushless drivers have scored points he should have scored 98 points
deaks
Name: Scott Deakin
Car: T2 009

Post by deaks »

Hi Justin,

Took a quick look and I can see that all the brushless drivers I know about have 0 for round 5. If you take a look further down the page, you should see another table called 'Mardave MOD'. This has James coming 2nd yesterday amongst the brushless guys. Can you do me a favour and take a look at all his scores in this table and check they tally with where you think James came? I make it that he has finished 2nd twice, 3rd twice and 4th once....

I can understand the confusion. I need to speak with Roger to confirm, but from what I can determine he has copied all the scores from the previous Mardave rounds into the Mardave MOD class, except for round 5. I think this is simply because we had not determined if there was going to be two classes for the Mardave until yesterday.

If you are still wondering why James' scores are different for Mardave and Mardave MOD on the first four rounds, it's down to the fact that there are different numbers of racers in the class. I'll be happy to explain this next saturday if you wish.

HTH,
Scott
"Sponge and a bit of Jam"
deaks

Post by deaks »

stox217 wrote:Is the mardave f2 for junior's? or what is it for?
Hi Nick,

Yes, we should have three tables for the Brushed Mardave.

Mardave - which shows everyone lumped together
Mardave F1 - Adults
Mardave F2 - Juniors

Unfortunately we have two issues:

1. Modified Mardave - this is causing confusion because their scores count for the first four rounds in the overall championship, but not in F1 or F2. They are now in a different class, but the original scores have been kept. This should not matter in the long run, because we take the best 8 results and you really have to look at the F1 and F2 tables to see where you are.
2. Not all Juniors are entered as Juniors. This is usually because they have not become members yet. This should sort itself out in the next few weeks.

One final point. For the modified Mardave there is no Juniors/Seniors split. We only tend to do this for classes used to introduce new drivers. Currently this is Brushed Mardave and 1/10th Stock.

Does this help?

Scott
stox217
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Nick
Car: V12

Post by stox217 »

Yes so my name should appear in there in the near to distant future then :lol: :wink:
deaks

Post by deaks »

stox217 wrote:Yes so my name should appear in there in the near to distant future then :lol: :wink:
Yep!

Also, I just noticed I was wrong about the F1/F2 for Mardave MOD. I did not scroll far enough down the page! :) Looks like James Baker is going to walk it unless some other kids get a little extra pocket money soon!

Scott