pro 10 pan car.

Post anything that does not fit into any of the other forums.
WARRENRYAN
I'm not a brummie I'm a Yam Yam!
Name: WARRENRYAN

Re: pro 10 pan car.

Post by WARRENRYAN »

Nice photo's jame's. At the auto show there where pro10's racing there some new one's and old. There is a link on utube somewhere.
There as been a few comment's about a mardave v10 saying could you race them with pro10's....not really sure what they look like and there size. I have found a old 27 turn motor out and its now running on that. A pro10 with a brushless in and a lipo for me would make this car complete. OH ya just for the record i am not leaving the 1/12th heat's
liamgalvin
Average Member
Average Member

Post by liamgalvin »

Pro 10 should be in my opinion GT shells only keep it looking scale. 19t or 10.5 brushless. 4 Cell. As they seem to be the rules most places are adopting for the class. I for one look foward to it hopefully taking off as it will be the class im going to do next winter. Would love to start off with it now but just forked out alot of cash to start up a new venture. :(

Liam Galvin
CML Distribution, Team Associated, Reedy, RB Concept, Byron, Proline, Protoform, Novak
WARRENRYAN

Post by WARRENRYAN »

Now i have seen a v10 i would say yes you could run them with pro 10's even though the chassie is 1/10th its the pan shell which make's it look really big. I have seen the ( merc GT shell) which make's it look better in size so if this did take of i would definitely get one of those.
As far as rule's it would be good if everybody just kept it simple and ran one of the following (1...27t....6 cell's.) or (2...19t...4 cell's.)

Image LET'S ROCK
Martyn
Name: Martyn Ross
Car: XRAY T4 14

Post by Martyn »

Gazza wrote:What rules you wanna do Warren 6 cell / 4 cell / Lipo Brushless 13.5 / 10.5 etc
Rules... rules... rules...LOL!

Is this for the championship...!!!

Sorry i coundn't help my self. I had one of these in my youth, make was Brimrod i think.

Martyn
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dale Knight
Car: TOP Photon

Post by Dale »

Hi Gazza,

Good to see you wearing the shirt!

No comment other than that!!

Regards

Dale
Wacker2
Name: Jon Seals(Wacker2)
Car: TLR 22

Post by Wacker2 »

I've just wasted 10 mins of my life reading this post... and I'll never get them back!!! lol

Really confused why people are looking at this:

1, nobody else at the club has one, or shown any signs of wanting to race these type of RC over the many years I've been racing at the club
2, If you do manage to draw people away from 1/12th to do pro10 then that will just thin out the 1/12th drivers even more
3, they're in the loft gathering dust for a reason, leave them there, that their home, lol
4, surely 1/12th should be an easier class to run than pro10 - you'd be going to a quicker car, a bigger car and so there wouldn't be as much room for error driving on the same size track as there is with 1/12th. Master 1/12th before progressing to pro10

I'll say what I said in a previous post, "if it aint broke dont fix it!".

Just thought id add my 2pence. Look forward to seeing it tomorrow but just as a demonstration capacity.

ta, Jon
Gazza
Forum Fisherman
Name: GAZZA
Car: Mardave V12

Post by Gazza »

Last edited by Gazza on Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
WARRENRYAN

Post by WARRENRYAN »

Wasted my life reading this post!!!!! Is that all you got. come on jon you can say better then that! surprised it took this long for the sarcastic comment's. It was just an idea that's all......since i have been racing at hinckley the pan car heat's started again by me and ryan racing pan shells on our mardave's. I have not done this to cut the 1/12th's out :oops: Just wanted to give it ago again just for fun.
OK!! some of you out there might be pi*^!ed off thinking oh no not another heat JUST dont be funny about it!!!!!!!
WARRENRYAN

Post by WARRENRYAN »

Ok. The pro 10 was'ent that fast... we can stick a 19t with 6 cells i think that should do it for in door we just need 5 or more :P
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi Warren,

Personally, I dont think that those Pro10 Cars are suitable for Racing Indoors. They were provisionally made for large open Outdoor Tarmac Tracks, due to their Size & Speed!
Eventhough there 1/10th Scale, they seem to dwarf a 1/10th Touring Car.......maybe due to the Bodyshell shape?
Hinckley Club always have really decent, tight, technical Circuits(thanks to Martyn, Gary & Co :D ) on a weekly basis, which are perfect for Mardaves, 12th Pan Cars & Touring Cars...........but NO good for the Pro10!
After seeing your Pro10 on the Track yesterday, it proved to me that there just unsuitable, as it seemed to almost take the full width of the Track up, leaving NO margin for Driver error, if driven at high speed.........& that was with just one of them!
If the Car ever came off the Track, specially with a 19T/10.5T Motor & 6Cells in, it would take someones head clean off! :shock:
stox217
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Nick
Car: V12

Post by stox217 »

if hinckley is going to race the mardave's on the tennis court's can you run them there as well???
just a thought?
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Post by Wacker1 »

I think that everyone will be doing 2WD/4WD Buggies over the Summer, now that eveybodies had alot more time to sort one out this time round.
stox217
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Nick
Car: V12

Post by stox217 »

Okay cool :)