Post anything that does not fit into any of the other forums.
Gazza
Forum Fisherman
Name: GAZZA
Car: Mardave V12

Post by Gazza »

Last edited by Gazza on Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Richie
Name: Richard Wilson

Re: Mardave were do we stand

Post by Richie »

It would appear we are in a complete state of confusion !!!!!!!!!!!!!. I am furthermore gravely concerned at the moment for new starters in the club. I believe the introduction of 13.5t brushless into the Mardave class is wrong and its not because I think such a thing shouldn't happen. Its because this has significantly upped the performance and cost of our starter class. Indeed I now wouldn't recommend a new starter to our club which is something that disturbs me, the merging of these larger brushless motors in the same race has in my view created an unsuitable class for our beginners.

I think we should stop and reflect on this, if we fail to provide a suitable learner class I think its extremely unlikely we can maintain our current numbers.
Gazza
Forum Fisherman

Post by Gazza »

Last edited by Gazza on Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dale Knight
Car: TOP Photon

Post by Dale »

Hi Guys,

From what I understand we will still be running the standard mardave class and therefore encouraging new members into this class. From there if they wish to run with the more modified class then they need to invest in the appropriate equipment.

As for what to run whilst this speedo issue is being sorted out, in honesty, I am not sure. I do not run this class and know that those in it should decide. I think with all these things sensible discussion is the key and as a club we must try to please the masses. If the majority wish to run 13.5t and not count for points then this needs to be fed back and discussed. It is not going to please everyone, but then I do not think there is a class that does that anywhere in the hobby!

Regards

Dale
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi all,

Just a quick update on this Mardave Brushless situation :

I was given a Mardave Brushless System to TEST yesterday, with the updated Software to the Speedo Voltage Cut-off, to eliminate this 'dumping' issue after the 3minute mark of a Race. I've now installed it in my other Mardave, which I'll be running tonight at the Leicester Club & tomorrow night at the St Johns Club, to give it a full test...........I'll also be able to run it back to back, against my LRP/13.5T Mardave Car, to see which is best/most reliable.
I'LL KEEP YOU POSTED!
Gazza
Forum Fisherman

Post by Gazza »