Mardave brushless / chassis NOW WITH A POLL

Post anything that does not fit into any of the other forums.

Mardave brushless poll . .

Poll ended at Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:47 pm

1 1000g Weight Limit
19%
2 Mardave suspension and mardave wheels
19%
3 Aluminium Chassis ONLY
2%
4 Composite Chassis or aluminium
19%
5 holes allowed
9%
6 no holes allower
13%
7 V12 chassis
14%
8 V10 chassis altered to v12
2%
9 Run out of box with ally or composite chassis no holes
3%
10 Run out of box with ally or coposite chassis holes allowed
1%

Total votes: 185

Rich
Average Member
Average Member
Name: Richard Ninness
Car: T2 008, X-6², V12

Re: Mardave brushless / chassis NOW WITH A POLL

Post by Rich »

Ahh right didn't realise they had to be commercially available. Could possibly see if fibre lyte are willing to do a group buy? I'm sure if we got 10 people together they'd drop the price to £20 or less? Not sure if the shop are willing to order any in as younger members may find it difficult to buy from them with no debit card or whatever. Would also help if the shop could stock the brushless motors for the same reason although I think people would need to pay a deposit as if they have to order in 10 @ £90 that's a fair bit of money!
Gazza
Forum Fisherman
Name: GAZZA
Car: Mardave V12

Post by Gazza »

Last edited by Gazza on Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rich
Average Member
Average Member
Name: Richard Ninness
Car: T2 008, X-6², V12

Post by Rich »

I take it the majority of people are going to buy the card? May be worth doing a poll or something to see how many people are definately gunna do the brushless classs?
Gazza
Forum Fisherman

Post by Gazza »

Last edited by Gazza on Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WACKER 3
Name: MARK STEVENS

Post by WACKER 3 »

Hi all,

I have watched the forum and read the posts. After reading the posts and proposed rules for the Standard Class and the Brushless/Modified I agree with the rules for the Standard Class but the Modified class still requires looking at.

Having composite or metal chassises with or without holes should be an option in the modified class but ithink the weight issue will be a big difference and once a few cars have the brushless system installed over the Christmas period then the weight can be worked out.

I agree mainly with the current proposed set of rules but they will still be tweked and modified to suit club needs but that will be worked out in the future.
treasurer
Treasurer
Treasurer
Name: Roger Cosgrove

Post by treasurer »

Just a thought about the upcoming 2009 Mardave championship.

I have been speaking with Matt from the Wednesday club with a view to make sure that we run to a similar type of championship that will enable drivers to compete at both clubs with a similar car.

Nothing has yet been confirmied, and I would like any interested driver to comment.

Our view is that we should allow both types of Mardave car to race in the same heat / final but to give each seperate class a formula status

eg:

Standard Mardave class might be F1
Modified Mardave class might be F2

I am not yet sure of the advantages (or any disadvantages) of the new proposed modified class over the standard cars, and I think that combining the drivers may well be a good way forward in the short term. Dont forget that we can always ammend our classes in the future when we have some more information

Any thoughts????

Roger
Gazza
Forum Fisherman

Post by Gazza »

Last edited by Gazza on Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
treasurer
Treasurer
Treasurer
Name: Roger Cosgrove

Post by treasurer »

OK,

As yet, we do not have an agreed way forward for next years championship in terms of how to score points or combine classes in racing, or if we do, can someone actually tell me.

I have no preference either way, but I need to know so that i can set up the class's on the race timing software.

Specifics would be good

:)
Richie
Name: Richard Wilson

Post by Richie »

Hi Roger

I think generally most people are comfortable with the standard and modified rules that Tim and others developed. Practically I don't think we have any choice but to run all cars together in an F1 and F2 arrangement otherwise we will end up with the same senario as the pan cars that John commented on recently, where we have different abilities all running in the same race, it just doesn't work, well not to everyones liking anyway and frankly I can understand John's frustration.

Remember this isn't set in stone, if numbers change and sufficient racers exist the classes can be separated out. I propose you proceed on this basis.
stox217
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Nick
Car: V12

Post by stox217 »

Gazza wrote:
4_cell_racer wrote:
Gazza wrote:
I personally don't have £95 to splash out on a Mardave system at this present time......thats why I and a few others went for a £50 system :)
I think most club rules are still around the 540 motor (G1 or G2 ) what made you get a cheap brushless . . . is this some thing your club allowed or you just wanted to play in car park with
Hi gazza its the system i will have on me saturday :)
Gazza
Forum Fisherman

Post by Gazza »

Last edited by Gazza on Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.