FAO Mardave drivers...

Post anything that does not fit into any of the other forums.

Are you going to be racing in the Brushless Class?

Yes
67%
Yes, but not straight away
33%
I would if I could afford the brushless kit
No votes
No
No votes

Total votes: 6

Rich
Average Member
Average Member
Name: Richard Ninness
Car: T2 008, X-6², V12

FAO Mardave drivers...

Post by Rich »

A simple poll to get an idea of numbers :D

If you don't have a Mardave or are not planning on buying one, please do not vote.
WARRENRYAN
I'm not a brummie I'm a Yam Yam!
Name: WARRENRYAN

Re: FAO Mardave drivers...

Post by WARRENRYAN »

Hi rich. I am thinking of getting a brushless system just for the simple fact of not having to clean the motor all the time. but im'e going to see what the results come out as first :?:
Rich
Average Member
Average Member
Name: Richard Ninness
Car: T2 008, X-6², V12

Post by Rich »

Same, plus it should make the majority of cars the same speed which makes the racing more about driver skill.

I think there should be at least 6 or 7 people doing the brushless, which is plenty enough for a heat. I'm not sure when it's actually going to kick off; probably the start of the next championship?
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi there,

I've just given my Carbon Fibre Chassis'd/Diff V12 a full stripdown & rebuild, in preparation for Mardaves NEW Brushless Combo, so I'll be running mine as soon as its released.............looking likely to be a week before Christmas! :)

I do think that once keen current Standard Class Mardave Racers have seen the new Brushless/Modified Class, many will convert over to it, as there'll have the extra speed(thats equal to everyone else), with virtually no maintainance from the Brushless Motor, as well as the OPTION of slightly better/more consistant handling with the new Diff & no 'Tweaking' from Fibre-Lytes Carbon Fibre Chassis. 8)

This all sounds good to me :D
Gazza
Forum Fisherman
Name: GAZZA
Car: Mardave V12

Post by Gazza »

:roll: its called BRUSHLESS CLASS :evil:
If we get them in time when could we try them out
Saturday 27th No Racing Non Scoring . . is this club not racing or School CLOSED

But we still have no Club rules which need sorting ASAP.

only MARDAVE BRUSHLESS SYSTEM ALLOWED or any other speedo under £60 :?:

Below was the poll I set up

1 1000g Weight Limit .............................................................. 36 19% ***
2 Mardave suspension and mardave wheels.......................................36 19%
3 Composite Chassis or aluminium.................................................35 18%
4 no holes allowed....................................................................24 12%
5 V12 chassis..........................................................................25 13%

Rule 5 means its to be the V12 shape not say a pan car shape etc

we will of course be running a a diff :wink:

Just the Holes and LIPO to sort out

*** what is the weight with LIPOs and carbon chassis ( so dont cut any holes yet guys )
stox217
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Nick
Car: V12

Post by stox217 »

heres my 2 penny's worth i say no to lipo's
but yes to diff and the speedo limit to be £65 same as the oval section one as most speedo's will be right on the £65 limit
Nick
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Wacker1 »

Gazza :?

Tim Rogers(Commitee) has already sorted out the RULES for BOTH Mardave Classe's.........he did it a couple of weeks ago, which everyone was happy with. :D

It was decided that the NEW Class WAS going to be called a 'Brushless/Modified' Class, using Mardaves own Brushless Combo, with the OPTION of a Mardave Diff & Carbon Fibre Chassis(as long as its Commercially available, in a V12 shape), with OR without extra HOLES. 8)

As for Lipo's...........there NOT yet available & probably wont be for a while, so its not really worth thinking/worrying about them just yet.
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Wacker1 »

As far as I'm aware, the Rules are : -

STANDARD CLASS

1000g Weight
Standard V12 Front & Rear Suspension
Aluminium Chassis(With or without Holes)
Fixed Axle
G1/G2/New G2 Motor
ABS or Lexan Bodyshell(No 12th Pan Car Shells Allowed)
Any Forward & Reverse Speed Controller

BRUSHLESS/MODIFIED CLASS

1000g Weight
Standard V12 Front & Rear Suspension
Aluminium or Carbon Fibre Chassis(With or without Holes, has to be Commercially Available & in a V12 Shape)
Fixed Axle or Mardave Diff
Mardave Brushless Motor
ABS or Lexan Bodyshell(No 12th Pan Car Shells Allowed)
Mardave Brushless Speed Controller

If the Lipo's become available around March/April time, this will be towards the end of the Indoor Season anyway, so it wont really effect anyone. The Rules could always be re-evaluated after the Summer Outdoor Buggy Season, ready for when we go back Indoors in September time. 8)

According to the Race Calender, the Sports Hall at JCC has become available on Saturday 27th December.....which will be a Non-Points Fun Day Meeting. I'm sure a Commitee Member can re-assure you though.
Richie
Name: Richard Wilson

Post by Richie »

Can I just say, that those using expletives in their messages on the forum please refrain. This kind of language is just not necessary and portrays the wrong image of the club. I'm sure there is enough words in the english language to express ones feelings without needing to resort to, or inferring, such language. Lets remember children read the forums as well as adults.
Webmaster
The website guy
Name: Ben McQueen
Car: Xray T2 09

Post by Webmaster »

Gazza wrote: Saturday 27th No Racing Non Scoring . . is this club not racing or School CLOSED
It's non scoring. I've corrected this on the site now.

Note: I've also deleted some of Gazza's posts