P1060874.JPG
P1060873.JPG
P1060872.JPG
Eddystone
Name: Richard Dobson
Car: Tamiya TA05v2IFS

Re: QuickSilver Top Mince Pie 2009 Piccys

Post by Eddystone »

The top QuickSilver mince pie award 2009 goes to SAINSBURYS for their deep fill mince pie. :D They were the first pies to have all dozen of them eaten. Closely followed by the Marks & Spencers mince pies and then the Co-op mince pies. Commiserations to Tesco for last place - clearly not the pie to leave out for Santa - the Tesco pie still had eight left when all the Sainsburys pies had been eaten. :cry: Although some raved about the taste of the Tesco mince pies clearly they lack visual appeal. So don't leave a Tesco's mince pie out for Santa on Christmas Eve - your likely to find it left on the plate and Santa will have only left you coal as a present on Christmas morning! :lol: Ofcourse to guarantee a top present is left in your stocking this Christmas leave Santa some Greggs the Bakers mince pies - very moreish - we ate them all before they even made it into the hall! :oops:

Thanks to Richie for providing the cream, plates, spoons, and napkins - great idea Rich, we can tell you're the civilised one!

Merry Christmas to all!

Richard
Biggus Ditchus
Getting started
Getting started
Name: Rich
Car: Tamiya TRF415

Post by Biggus Ditchus »

Well thanks for the consumer testing much appreciated and no doubt very helpful. We have been testing the coops deep filled mince pies and I have to say I will be getting some more :D .

Merry Christmas All
Rich and Erica.
T.O.P. Models Race Team
Remember:
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Never pass up an opportunity to go to the bathroom.
If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance.
And finally, be really nice to your family and friends; you never know when you might need them to empty your bedpan
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dale Knight
Car: TOP Photon

Post by Dale »

Great Effort guys!

Many thanks to the Quicksliver guys or as I now prefer to call them (The Quicksilver Mabuchi/Johnson ONLY - quicksilver Class guys).

See you all next year!

Regards Dale
dogpinkscot
Name: Justin
Car: Atomic S2 Mega Dave

Post by dogpinkscot »

Merry Christmas and may i say a big thanks to james for starting this class this year its been excellent i can only see it getting better :wink:
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dale Knight
Car: TOP Photon

Post by Dale »

Hi Justin,

Really the class started off as a tribute to the Tamiya guys and to provide them with a platform to use the cars they really wanted to support.

Now I see it as an excellent class for youngsters enabling them to get a feel for Touring cars before entering into the 13.5t class and I think your lad is an excellent example. I had the chance to watch him a bit at the weekend and he really is progressing now with his driving instead of struggling with the Mardave mod class.

I really appreciate the open approach the guys take towards the class and because of this the numbers and growing an growing and I see this soon being one of the most supported classes at the club. We have two great club cars to help people get started and as long as we all buy into this in the long-term we will all be fine.

Regards Dale
Hail Ming
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: James Carroll
Car: MM & X2 Evo

Post by Hail Ming »

I think my favourite mince pie was the Co-op brand - very tasty, but I also thought the Tesco deep filled were nice too - just the right amount of sugar for my taste. Cheers to Mr Wilson for providing the cream, plates and cutlery - the cream really hit the spot.

Justin - thanks for kind words and the support you and James have given to the class, but Dale is really the one to thank for the idea. I'm chuffed that Quick Silver has gone down so well - the racing has been brilliant and I'd like to thank everyone for helping to make it a success. Here's to an even more successful 2010...

Merry Christmas

James
Try 'Quick Silver', the Amazing Silver Can Powered Touring Car Class at HRCCC
Eddystone

Post by Eddystone »

Is it too soon to be starting to salivate at the thought of mince pies again? They've been spotted back in the shops now. Is there a "too soon" to start eating these Christmas sweet pastry treats?? I'm off to re-read what the winning mince pie was in eager anticipation .... now where's my Christmas music CDs!!
Eddystone

Post by Eddystone »

YUMMM - Tried out some exceedingly good Mr Kipling mince pies last week - delicious! Roll on Christmas!!
Who ate all the pies!
Who ate all the pies!