Quick Silver - Tamiya & RTR Touring Car Thread

Ready to Run
Eddystone
Name: Richard Dobson
Car: Tamiya TA05v2IFS

Re: Quick Silver - Tamiya & RTR Touring Car Thread

Post by Eddystone »

Hail Ming wrote:
Dale wrote:We might need to consider a further club car in this class so keep you eyes peeled please!
This sounds like a job for Richard (Eddystone) - he has a loft full!
Not sure about a loft full!! But I've got a Tamiya TB-01 chassis I'm happy to donate as a club car if other club members are prepared to donate a few other parts necessary to get it racing. The TB-01 is the predecessor to the TT-01 chassis being used by most racers in the Quick Silver class but is still a competitive car in this class. A couple of TB-01 chassis cars have been raced so far this season with some success. Most notably Andy Lappin putting one in third place in the A final first leg a week ago. Chassis will have radio gear fitted but it will need an ESC and a bodyshell and a maybe a battery pack or two - if anyone has any 2.4Ghz radio gear for it that would be a bonus.

Richard
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dale Knight
Car: TOP Photon

Post by Dale »

Hi Richard,

We have a Novak Speedo spare so could use this. I can get a body for it so can you bring down this saturday so we can have a look? I think we have a spare radio but if not I think we could look to get one.

Regards Dale
Eddystone

Post by Eddystone »

Dale wrote:Hi Richard,

We have a Novak Speedo spare so could use this. I can get a body for it so can you bring down this saturday so we can have a look? I think we have a spare radio but if not I think we could look to get one.

Regards Dale
Sounds good Dale - I'll strip the chassis down and make sure it's ballraced throughout, then clean and re-grease it if necessary as it's been gathering dust for a few years but I think we've got ourselves a second Quicksilver club car.

I'll bring it along Saturday -see you then!

Richard
MeBeMikey
Name: Michael J.
Car: Xray T3 2011 spec

Post by MeBeMikey »

Can we please stop making more classes! It's burning a hole in my Dad and I's pocket!

Well, I am setting up my dad's TT-01 that he bought from the club. I was really deterred from buying such a car but now that I have actually had my hands on it, changed out the radio to 2.4, adjusted a little here and there, put a few hop ups on I am quite happy with it. Now I want one! I hope this class continues as I am sure to be joining you all one day. I just don't think I will be able to do Mod and Standard Mardave and then this class too. Oh, well...will have to give up one of them.

See you all this weekend if I have my 1:1 car.

Michael Johnson
Team BritUS

PS: Please no brushless class or I will have to do that one too!
Xray T3 2012 spec: Tekin RS, Futaba BLS551, Orion and MooreSpeed lipos
Associated B4 w/X6 conversion and B44
Spektrum DX3r
Hail Ming
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: James Carroll
Car: MM & X2 Evo

Post by Hail Ming »

Hi Michael,

Cheers for your post - I'm pleased to say this class has really struck a chord with the masses. Speaking with my Club hat on - I'd encourage you to race in all the classes :wink:, but from my experience of the racing we've had in the Quick Silver series over the last few weeks - tthese cars are awesome fun.

Looking forward to seeing you race with us in the near future - I understand you've enquired after use of the Club Car - I'll keep you informed on the progress of the second one. As Dale said - we're trying to get it ready for this Saturday, but can't promise you at this time.

I'll be in touch...

James
Try 'Quick Silver', the Amazing Silver Can Powered Touring Car Class at HRCCC
Eddystone

Post by Eddystone »

Hail Ming wrote:I understand you've enquired after use of the Club Car - I'll keep you informed on the progress of the second one. As Dale said - we're trying to get it ready for this Saturday, but can't promise you at this time.
What - this Quick Silver Club Car 2?? Looks pretty much ready to go to me!!

It's a Tamiya TB-01 touring car chassis. Stock 540 motor of course with a heatsink fitted. Alloy oil filled shocks all round. Sorex 32 tyres. Currently fitted with 27Mhz steering wheel radio gear. It's running a 55T spur gear and 25T pinion. I understand Dale is bringing an ESC and batteries for it and James is painting up a shell. From where I'm sitting it looks like Club Car 2 should be racable on Saturday.

Richard
MeBeMikey

Post by MeBeMikey »

Well, I broke down and bought one at 3am last night. I got the Tamiya Porsche 911 GT3 Cup VIP TT-01E chassis. I should have it Friday and build it Friday eve into Saturday. It's gunna be a midnight oil burning night. I can see it already. No sleep but all "RC Adrenalyn". So fingers crossed it is all built up in time as it is a kit.

See you all Saturday!

Michael

PS: Want to upgrade the shocks to a good quality aluminum set. I see 3Racing makes a set. What do you recommend?
Spektrum DX3r
jayst
Name: jamie cheshire
Car: T D . 210,410.408

Post by jayst »

u don't need alloy shocks , just the tamiya oil filled plastic 1s will do fine
dogpinkscot
Name: Justin
Car: Atomic S2 Mega Dave

Post by dogpinkscot »

try tamiya trf dampers there quite cool only thing there the same price as the car lol :wink: but like jamie says the stock oil filled shocks are really good hard as you can at the front and medium rear ...wide wheel track helps stop grip roll if you can get hold of d spec drive shafts ....3 racing do them and there 5mm wider
Eddystone

Post by Eddystone »

HI Mikey

The stock TT-01E shocks are friction shocks only and not oil filled but I'd give racing with them a try before spending any more money. Club Car 1 is running the stock non-oil shocks as is James Carroll and James is doing pretty well with them. I only fitted the alloy shocks to Club Car 2 as I had them handy and they look good! The mod you will need to do is fit a 55T spur gear (Tamiya Part number 53665) so you can then fit a 25T pinion. Check further up this thread for details on pinions, just be aware Tamiya use 0.6module pinions.

Richard
JamesG

Post by JamesG »

Is it worth trying to get a foam bumper for the front of the new club car? It might help the bodyshell last into next year :wink:
Eddystone

Post by Eddystone »

JamesG wrote:Is it worth trying to get a foam bumper for the front of the new club car? It might help the bodyshell last into next year :wink:
Good thinking James - I'll sort one before Saturday.
Eddystone

Post by Eddystone »

As suggested by James here's the newly improved Quicksilver Club Car 2 - now with foam front bumper - may the bodyshell live long into the new year!

Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dale Knight
Car: TOP Photon

Post by Dale »

This is a great effort guys!

I have purchased a new speedo and radio 40 mhz for this car so if we get some work done on it saturday to make sure all ok, then we can make 100% sure its ready for next saturday for hire!

Regards

Dale
MeBeMikey

Post by MeBeMikey »

Well, I had a great day's racing. Boy do I love this class of racing. I love the driving on the edge of grip roll too. I got the 3 Racing shocks and they worked quite well. 17 pounds...CHEAP! Well, my first few races I was having horrible glitching problems with my stearing servo...I was swaying around the track and did not do too well. I think I may of swayed into a kids car on the track on the corner by the exit door and I could see his dad very vocal and flailing about on the side of the track all upset. Luckily I changed to my Mardave servo and badabing bada boom that solved everything and I did not hit him again. I qualified 3rd and took 1st in the first final but had to leave for the second. I had to go off to Birmingham to meet friends.

Look forward to coming next week but will have to leave early again. :cry:

Thanks for a great day out!
Spektrum DX3r