Quick Silver - Tamiya & RTR Touring Car Thread

Ready to Run
dogpinkscot
Name: Justin
Car: Atomic S2 Mega Dave

Re: Quick Silver - Tamiya & RTR Touring Car Thread

Post by dogpinkscot »

would it be cheating if i put a snowman on top of jame's car as the effects of the ice cooling the motor will result in more power but this might be out weighed by the amount of grip roll...

also our results of using lipo batteries

1 . every week (apart from last week) we use an tamiya kit motor geared 25/55 and orion 30c lipo result is good power but a lack of punch

2 nimh matched but old cells result good 5 laps then very flat no power no top speed

3 last week and in the last final we put really poor kit motor in and used a 5300 lrp 40c race spec lipo result very fast car(battery does help)

4 we have just got a supply of johnson motors when there run in properly ie bushes with paste then water dipped they are very fast with a 3100 we are very pleased with this motor as an alternative to the kit motor

James will be flying in 2010 ....so get those lipo batteries ordered or just ask me and i will gladely lend you one for the day

:wink:
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dale Knight
Car: TOP Photon

Post by Dale »

Now that sounds like a challenge Mr Baker and Mr Baker junior!! lol

You must let me into the whole motor prep idea, although I like the sound of one motor for 39 years (baaarrrr humbug).

I will only comment on the performance once i am racing in this class but I am trying to find a nice cheap Lipo! Maybe a 75c 9876cc pack (slightly bigger than a 12v but the man at the back of the lorry said I will get good lap times).

I'm just glad of a class where I can bash into TR5 and MGBGT owners week in week out!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
jayst
Name: jamie cheshire
Car: T D . 210,410.408

Post by jayst »

ok update . i have 7 motors ordered . 2 saved for richard dobson and 1 for me . so theres 4 available .
dogpinkscot
Name: Justin
Car: Atomic S2 Mega Dave

Post by dogpinkscot »

we're going to pickle a motor and keep it forever 12 years is nothing dale

I have no secrets about my runing in motors use this link www.yusabatrynotalemon.com :wink:
Hail Ming
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: James Carroll
Car: MM & X2 Evo

Post by Hail Ming »

jayst wrote:ok update . i have 7 motors ordered . 2 saved for richard dobson and 1 for me . so theres 4 available .
Cheers Jamie

James
Try 'Quick Silver', the Amazing Silver Can Powered Touring Car Class at HRCCC
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Dale »

Hi Jamie,

One for me please also.

Tar

(Justin - me thinks it is you that is pickled) :lol:
jayst
Name: jamie cheshire
Car: T D . 210,410.408

Post by jayst »

3 left . i will have them with me on saturday
Eddystone
Name: Richard Dobson
Car: Tamiya TA05v2IFS

Post by Eddystone »

Hail Ming wrote:This thread has been getting a bit too serious of late with all this talk about rules :roll: . So as it's Christmas and the next meeting is the last in the current season - Richard and I thought it would be a good idea to turn a wager we're having into something with a broader appeal - a mince pie tasting session.

We'll be bringing along a selection of supermarket brand mince pies to see which supermarket is the Christmas No. 1 for 2009! With this being the season of good will and in the spirit of Quick Silver, you're all invited to join us in our tasting session and help spread some festive cheer...hoorah!

James :D
Seems a long time ago on this thread that James promised this but here goes ......

I've got a couple of challengers for the title of QuickSilver Top Mince Pie 2009. This is the championship that everyone really wants to know the outcome of this weekend! Which mince pies are the ones to leave out for Santa to ensure he leaves the biggest presents under your tree this Christmas Eve. :D

First up for the title are Sainsbury's best offering - their imaginatively named Sainsbury's Deep Mince Pies. What treats lie inside the Christmas gift wrap effect box?

And secondly a challenger from the Co-op - well actually from Somerfield but the good old days of Somerfield produce are as distant a memory as the Hinckley Somerfield store ( it's a Tescos now :( ), Co-op own brand produce rules the Somerfield shelves now. But the Co-op have produced these rather delicious looking pies - so good they have a clear window in the box so they can be seen (but keeps the drool off the pies!) - will they taste as good as they look? Are they truely "Truely Irresistible"?

Obviously we're going to need some help deciding the best mince pie of 2009 so we'll see you Saturday for some festive racing!

Richard
Richie
Name: Richard Wilson

Post by Richie »

who's bringing the fresh cream
Eddystone

Post by Eddystone »

Richie wrote:who's bringing the fresh cream
You offering Rich?!! - I fancy some brandy butter - not sure if that might affect the finely tuned racing skills!!
Richie
Name: Richard Wilson

Post by Richie »

why not !, it would be a pleasure
Hail Ming
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: James Carroll
Car: MM & X2 Evo

Post by Hail Ming »

Well...I'll be bringing a sample from Tesco - after all "every little helps..." oh and M&S, but these won't be just any mince pies - these will be M&S finest hand-crafted mince pies...

Don't forget about the 'decorate your car for Christmas' competition.

James
Try 'Quick Silver', the Amazing Silver Can Powered Touring Car Class at HRCCC
Eddystone

Post by Eddystone »

Have I forgotten about the festivication of my race car? - oh no I haven't!! My car is getting a special Christmas make over!

It would be great to see some other cars looking the part for Christmas so this would be a great time to get out their best party frock bodyshells, or add a dusting of glitter, a ribbon, a bow, tinsel, holly, fake snow, fairy lights, elves, presents, a tree etc etc. Lets make this meeting a cracker! ( Sorry - pun intended!! )

And cheers Rich - your mince pie additive will go down very well!
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Dale »

I love this class! lol
Biggus Ditchus
Getting started
Getting started
Name: Rich
Car: Tamiya TRF415

Post by Biggus Ditchus »

Just to wish all at Hinckley a Merry Christmas from both Erica and I, we will see you in the New Year for more fun. Again thanks for making us both feel so welcome.
Last edited by Biggus Ditchus on Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T.O.P. Models Race Team
Remember:
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Never pass up an opportunity to go to the bathroom.
If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance.
And finally, be really nice to your family and friends; you never know when you might need them to empty your bedpan