Quick Silver - Tamiya & RTR Touring Car Thread

Ready to Run
Richie
Name: Richard Wilson

Re: Quick Silver - Tamiya & RTR Touring Car Thread

Post by Richie »

Price would appear right, I wouldn't run them in because once run there not new and someone may have their own preferential method of running in.
jayst
Name: jamie cheshire
Car: T D . 210,410.408

Post by jayst »

i only was offering to run them in if they didnt know how to do it or the equipment to do it :D
Hail Ming
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: James Carroll
Car: MM & X2 Evo

Post by Hail Ming »

jayst wrote:ok . i foned the place i got the silver cans from and hes only got 2 in atm but 2 -3 weeks time he should have 10-15 .
the price per motor will work out at 6-7 pound each and they should be all the same spec motors .
let me know wot u wanna do ?
i have 1 spare atm myself which is run and ready for racing .
i could also run them in for people ?
Hi Jamie,

Thanks for looking into this...if these are the same as the ones you bought the other week i.e. Mabuchi RS-540SH (as etched on the can), they will be ideal. I've been give the OK to order in 6 to begin with. If you don't mind placing the order, I'll get the cost reimbursed in due course.

Cheers

James
Try 'Quick Silver', the Amazing Silver Can Powered Touring Car Class at HRCCC
Hail Ming
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Hail Ming »

Clarification of suitable motors and other Quick Silver running requirements have now been posted (see link)

http://www.hinckleyrccc.co.uk/phpforums ... f=36&t=939

Cheers

James
Biggus Ditchus
Getting started
Getting started
Name: Rich
Car: Tamiya TRF415

Post by Biggus Ditchus »

Well guys due to the amazing time we both had the other Saturday we will be back this Saturday. Looking forward to another fun day.
Cheers
Rich and Erica.
T.O.P. Models Race Team
Remember:
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Never pass up an opportunity to go to the bathroom.
If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance.
And finally, be really nice to your family and friends; you never know when you might need them to empty your bedpan
Hail Ming
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Hail Ming »

Excellent news - looking forward to another meeting of close racing with you both. If Erica wants to try a set of 32R tyres, she's more than welcome to them.

See you on Saturday.

Cheers

James
stox217
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Nick
Car: V12

Post by stox217 »

Great news even more racers
dogpinkscot
Name: Justin
Car: Atomic S2 Mega Dave

Post by dogpinkscot »

:wink:
Biggus Ditchus
Getting started
Getting started

Post by Biggus Ditchus »

Yet another really fun meet, thanks to all for making it a great days racing!
T.O.P. Models Race Team
Remember:
And finally, be really nice to your family and friends; you never know when you might need them to empty your bedpan
Hail Ming
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Hail Ming »

Biggus Ditchus wrote:Yet another really fun meet, thanks to all for making it a great days racing!
Cheers Rich & Erica - I enjoyed pitting with you both and racing with Erica in the final.

Looking forward to meeting up again soon.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

James
MeBeMikey
Name: Michael J.
Car: Xray T3 2011 spec

Post by MeBeMikey »

Yep another great week of racing. Just need to get some good lipos to keep up with the top guys. My goodness the car that won did 3 or was it 5 laps more than me?!! LOL...I heard some were running HIGH END lipos and Mardave motors (25t)??? It's great to see someone come into the class and race us all but when they just fly around the track like you are not even moving it just gets hilarious....and obvious...LOL. :shock: But it's all for fun. I just wish it could be standard TT-01 Equiv cars but oh well. I understand the credit crunch. But fortunately I am not worried about it so guess it's time to pull out my wallet and get a new car for this class. Nah, just joking.

What about a class that is run with us for those who have those high end cars. Call them the Quick Silver II's. They can still race with us but have to try to make it around us too. LOL.

Now when I race I look to see what everyone is running and then I race those who have a similar car to mine.

Michael
TeamBritUS
Xray T3 2012 spec: Tekin RS, Futaba BLS551, Orion and MooreSpeed lipos
Associated B4 w/X6 conversion and B44
Spektrum DX3r
Biggus Ditchus
Getting started
Getting started

Post by Biggus Ditchus »

I hear what your saying chap, the chassis isnt the issue its Mardave motors, I have a "high end car" although bout 5 years old and the cars with Mardave motors left me standing.

I think the qualifying times and stats speak for themselves... I run a TRF415 (I got it cheap, cheaper than a TT01 I do hope to race a tub chassis car next year) with a Tamiya RS 540 motor and was outqualified by 2 TT01's (yours being one) both with legal motors but we all were on 19 laps with only 18 seconds seperating each other. I do think that shows that the chassis doesnt make a whole heap of difference.

What has shown a difference is a Mardave G2 motor and for those who say they are the same (said by those running them I must add) are talking clap trap I was told on Saturday its not the motor its how you run it in! well yes running in a motor does improve performance.. as a Mardave racer of many many years I know only too well BUT the Mardave G2 is a 25 turn motor and the Tamiya RS 540 is 27 turn, the Mardave also has much stronger magnets which can be seen in the punch shown coming out of corners. I dont think Lipos make a whole load of difference as its only 0.2v.

I do think it would be a shame for this great class of racing to be spoiled by people taking advantage although they are only cheating themselves, it isnt in the spirit of it. In the A final on Saturday as far as I was concerned I was only racing 3 cars, the others were not QuickSilver cars. Please keep this class going as both Erica and I are more than happy to drive for 2 hours to have so much fun!
T.O.P. Models Race Team
Remember:
Eddystone
Name: Richard Dobson
Car: Tamiya TA05v2IFS

Post by Eddystone »

As I was unfortunately was not able to race yesterday and so was not there to witness this G2 motor transgression for myself I'm wondering if the drivers involved are actually aware of the no Mardave G2 motor rules? Not everyone is active on the forum or possibly even aware of it. Perhaps the QuickSilver rules need to be made more widely known via other methods to save these drivers the embarrassment of running an illegal motor. To intentionally run a G2 if you know the rules is only cheating yourself as Biggus has said but to be running one due to non-awareness of the rules is a failing among the rest of us to make them known.

So for clarity.....

NO MARDAVE G2 MOTORS TO BE RUN IN THE QUICKSILVER CLASS!

Hope that helps!

Richard
Richie
Name: Richard Wilson

Post by Richie »

That should work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dogpinkscot
Name: Justin
Car: Atomic S2 Mega Dave

Post by dogpinkscot »

you know i was wondering when this would happen on the forum its a real shame this could not be resolved at racing as discussed saturday ...motors are an issue but as for calling it cheating thats rubbish ........its supposed to be cheap FUN ..and tamiya motors are hard to get hold of and expensive to pay post on for what they are.. the club sells a good silvercan motor why not use it.........i mean jamie went and spent how much on 5 or six motors the other week we killed one he killed another two is that good cheap racing....no