Quick Silver - Tamiya & RTR Touring Car Thread

Ready to Run
Eddystone
Name: Richard Dobson
Car: Tamiya TA05v2IFS

Re: Quick Silver - Tamiya & RTR Touring Car Thread

Post by Eddystone »

Hi Nick, Cheers mate. Good to see your set-up too. Absolutely agree the Tamiya TT-01E is good chassis for the Quicksilver class. You've got it spot on with the ethos thing - that's why I'm loving this class. Being able to enjoy racing with any chassis, even a basically box stock cheap Tamiya chassis is great. That's why I'm so pleased how well mine has performed as it is.

I'm in no doubt my car could perform better if I didn't drive like a girl :lol: ( Oh hang on - Charlotte consistently beat me - I'm hoping to improve my driving so I drive like a girl!! :oops: ) Anyway credit to you for getting the Tamiya Merc shell into the A final - I found the one thing that that made a huge difference to my car was when I swapped from the realistic Tamiya Subaru Impreza shell it came with to a racing shell. The handling was transformed immediately. Shame as I love the looks of the Tamiya shells.

Richard
dogpinkscot
Name: Justin
Car: Atomic S2 Mega Dave

Post by dogpinkscot »

keep those motors clean boys its the way to win... lots of motor cleaner and scrape the little gap between the segments on the comm between each round with a bradol or somthing sharp... oil the bearings every run and a little drop of wd on the comm before you put the shell on ...every one will be in the A final this week it will be like the m25 on friday night
dogpinkscot

Post by dogpinkscot »

What I love about this class is the young lads in it at the moment young thomas lord and alan marston as an example ...thomas will definately be ready for 13.5 after xmas and alan should really be pushing for a A final in the next few weeks as after watching him this week his driving is improving very nicely...where would these two junior drivers have been if this class did not exist ....answer really struggling with being in the way in faster races ..I think this type of racing is now the backbone of club racing .my only concern at the moment is the jump these juniors have to make to race at a more competitive level .what with advanced timing motors and the power they give .I know that there is talk of doing this and that to slow cars down but perhaps its time to look at the 13.5 class replacing 10.5 and bringing in 17.5 to be the new stock class ...hope dale reads this it would be nice to bring the speeds down and the driving standards up as i think the cars are getting faster to the point of being unsafe in our hall
Ian_Smith
Committee
Committee
Name: Ian Smith
Car: Schumacher Mi4LP

Post by Ian_Smith »

Since we returned indoors, I've been running 17.5 (fixed timing motor) with a 2 year old ESC (no turbo or on-the-fly-timing-advance). My lap times are anything up to a second a lap slower than a good 13.5 racer with an all-the-bells-and-whistles ESC (on the fast circuit we've run for the last 2 weeks), but on a more technical track where all out straight line speed is not such an advantage I would expect to be quite a bit closer.

The important thing for me is that my car is far more controlable.

Ian
Schumacher Mi4LP / Hobbywing Justock / Speed Passion V3.0 17.5
"Speed is nothing without Control" - wish I had just one of 'em! :-)
dogpinkscot

Post by dogpinkscot »

nice one ian i think it would be good for a proposal at the agm to bring this class in the next two seasons ....and now you have said that your car looks alot more driveable with that setup ...lets face it if hara can do 17.5 and have fun im sure we can look on utube at him doing 17.5 at vegas :lol: