Hail Ming
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: James Carroll
Car: MM & X2 Evo

Pitstops?

Post by Hail Ming »

Hi Folks,

Richard and I got talking to Roger after yesterday's race meeting - the discussion turned to ways to make racing more interesting.

What would people think to having longer finals (say 8 minutes) with a mandatory pit stop?

The way this could work is as follows:

1. The track would incorporate a pull off area for use as the pits - manned by a pit marshall.
2. There would be a window during the race when you have to pit (say the last 2 minutes of the race).
3. You have a marker attached with velcro to the bodyshell that is removed by the pit marshall when the car enters the pit.

This could introduce an interesting strategic dimension to the racing .

I've added a poll, but please also add your comments...

Cheers

James
Last edited by Hail Ming on Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Try 'Quick Silver', the Amazing Silver Can Powered Touring Car Class at HRCCC
Eddystone
Name: Richard Dobson
Car: Tamiya TA05v2IFS

Re: Pitstops?

Post by Eddystone »

This could add a fun element. I say not only would you have to pull into the pits to have the marker removed. I'd suggest the car has to stop totally within a marked box in front of the marshal - the marshal can only remove the marker from a car stationary within the box - overshoot the box and sorry you'll have to go around another lap and try again. Time it wrong and you may find a queue of cars waiting in the pits to enter the marshalling box. The idea might work best with more cars and longer races. Maybe 10 cars, 10 minutes, possibly even 2 pitstop windows during the race - once to remove all the markers, a second to put them all back. Could be interesting!

Richard
hb-dom
Average Member
Average Member
Name: dom mcgee

Post by hb-dom »

i think this would be a great idea,
and allow for, battery, tyre and anyother changes to be made, maybe have a pitman to sort it for u :mrgreen:
disco41
Getting started
Getting started
Name: Andy
Car: TT-01e, B4

Post by disco41 »

And yet another good idea,

Lets hope some can be implemented for next seasons racing?
About as good at marshalling as driving !
Chris Packer
Name: Chris Packer

Post by Chris Packer »

Sounds like a bit too much phaf to me. I think the the race meetings take long enough as it is, especially if not enough people stick around to clear away the track.