Mardave G2 motor

All the topics that were created for the 2007, 2008 and 2009 GP.
aw186uk
Name: Paul Wade

Mardave G2 motor

Post by aw186uk »

Does anyone feel like sharing any tips on making a mardave motor go?? I just gave mine a clean with WD40 on a cotton bud but it didn't seem to go aswell as most of the others, so any advice would be much appreciated so i can practice for next year!!
Neil1967
Average Member
Average Member
Name: Neil Martin
Car: Mardave, Yokomo MR4

Re: Mardave G2 motor

Post by Neil1967 »

Use brake dust cleaner to get the rubbish out, then use com cleaner to clean the com and then after the cotton bud is clean spray a little wd40 onto the com also put a little drop of com oil on the outside of the motor each end this normally helps, some people say dip it into water and fairy liquid but ask anyone this will do nothing apart from make the motor wear out faster.
Hail Ming
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: James Carroll
Car: MM & X2 Evo

Re: Mardave G2 motor

Post by Hail Ming »

Paul,

I use a simliar technique to Neil with noticable results. My preference is nitro cleaner (instead of brake cleaner) used sparingly so as not to remove the natural lubricants in the brushes. You only need a small amount of WD40 on the cotton bud to put a v.light film on the comm before the race - too much and you'll create smoke :oops:. Keep the motor cool - use a clip on heat sink and try to chill the motor before you race.

Hope this helps.

James
Try 'Quick Silver', the Amazing Silver Can Powered Touring Car Class at HRCCC