Swap, share and discuss setups
overson
Average Member
Average Member
Name: neil overson
Car: Xrayn 009/crc Gen lx

B4 gearing

Post by overson »

Hi ive just got my self a B4 for the summer and am not sure on the gearing, I will be using a nosram storm 3 star motor, should be about a 7turn brushless so im told, and have no idear on what gearing to use as i have only ran touring cars on brushless motors. could any one tell me a good size pinion to start with.
Thanks Neil.
Fusion Hobbies.
xray 009/ 10.5
CRC XL/ 10.5
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Re: B4 gearing

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi Neil,

I think that the Nosram Storm 3 Star Motor was the first Generation Brushless Motor that Nosram Released :shock:

I know that the General Gearing for a new 7.5T(Sintered Rotor)Brushless Motor in an RC10 B4 2WD Buggy would have a FINAL DRIVE RATIO of around 8.8 (Spur Gear divided by Pinion x 2.60)
This would be a 78Spur/23Pinion...........but if your Buggy is still running the Standard Kit Spur Gear, it would be an 81Spur/24Pinion.

Due to your Storm 3 Star Motor being a couple of years old, its very likely to have a 'Bonded' Rotor........this would mean that you'd probably need to go down atleast 1Tooth, from the above Recommendations :D
overson
Average Member
Average Member
Name: neil overson
Car: Xrayn 009/crc Gen lx

Re: B4 gearing

Post by overson »

Hi dean,
thanks for the info should give me a good starting point. not sure on what spur gear is fitted the car is jon seals old car i will have to find out whats fitted.
yes the motor is an old one but hope it should be ok for me as a first time 2wd buggy racer, last buggy i raced was a cat xls years a go when they were new in northampton.
Thanks Neil.
Fusion Hobbies.
xray 009/ 10.5
CRC XL/ 10.5