What front and rear springs are you running? 13.5 class

Swap, share and discuss setups
MeBeMikey
Name: Michael J.
Car: Xray T3 2011 spec

What front and rear springs are you running? 13.5 class

Post by MeBeMikey »

Me: I'm running gold front and silver rears but will soon switch to silvers all around once a set comes in the post. I also use xray alluvium shocks with 1.2mm 3 hole pistons and 500wt muchmore oil. Car feels really good on this.
Last edited by MeBeMikey on Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xray T3 2012 spec: Tekin RS, Futaba BLS551, Orion and MooreSpeed lipos
Associated B4 w/X6 conversion and B44
Spektrum DX3r
jayst
Name: jamie cheshire
Car: T D . 210,410.408

Re: What front and rear springs are you running? 13.5 class

Post by jayst »

i used completly stock setup
MeBeMikey

Post by MeBeMikey »

I like the stock set-up but I ran silver and gold for practice on thurs and it felt a whole lot better. I have the old gold and silver springs. They seem softer than the new black gold and silver springs.
Spektrum DX3r
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Post by Wacker1 »

I've heard from quite a few people that the Older HPI proper Coloured Gold & Silver Springs were slightly Softer than the New Black Gold & Black Silver Springs

.............I've tried both & personally I've not noticed any Difference in Performance or Handling! :o

I've also tried Silver Front & Silver Rear on the Hinckley Club Track, but I found that 'Off Throttle' it was Collapsing on the Front, going into Corners, making it feel alittle more Unpredictable! It maybe worth you trying it though mate?

I've also heard that the Xray 2.6 or 2.8 Springs allround are a Popular Option Indoors!!

Many of us have since found that the HPI Pink Springs on the Front & HPI Silver Springs on the Rear are a Better Combination on Carpet, as they seem to give a Smoother feel into & out of Corners, yet more overall Steering!

As your running 3-Hole Shock Pistons, you may find that dropping down on your Oil will Improve your Car for the Tight Technical Track at Hinckley.i.e going from 50w to 45w. 8)
MeBeMikey

Post by MeBeMikey »

Thanks for the great info. I tried the older version of the HPI silver and gold springs this saturday and they were horrible. No grip at all... But then I looked closely at my car and several the the camber suspension holder screws had backed out making my front end all wobbly. Hence, waaay off the pace. Then I took my car over to Kyle and he showed me a few tweaks and I decided to go back to 2.6 & 3.0 springs and next race I was 1 lap down on the pace. Got 5th in the last A-main which I'm quite happy about. I will try gold and silver again but they work best at Ardent. Off racing there tonight. Practice makes perfect. Just Gota gain that lap on you guys!
Spektrum DX3r