Just got my Assoc RC10 and X Squared Kit - Building Help

Swap, share and discuss setups
MeBeMikey
Name: Michael J.
Car: Xray T3 2011 spec

Just got my Assoc RC10 and X Squared Kit - Building Help

Post by MeBeMikey »

I am just about to build a Factory Team RC10B4 kit and adapt it to the X-6 Squared kit. I thought I would be able to build the adapdaptation during the build process but it looks like I will have to build the buggy first and then do the swap over to the Squared kit. It is probably best to see what the original car looks like. I had one of these, RC10 T2 to be exact, wayyyyy back in the day so I am quite excited to build a Factory Team kit from scratch and then adapt this new Squared kit.

So if you guys have any building recommendations I would really appreciate it. I take it the tyres that come with the kit are not really suitable for grass so scratch those off.

1. Tyres?
2. Shock oils?
3. Springs?

The above help with get me started. Thanks...

Michael Johnson
Team BritUS
Xray T3 2012 spec: Tekin RS, Futaba BLS551, Orion and MooreSpeed lipos
Associated B4 w/X6 conversion and B44
Spektrum DX3r
jayst
Name: jamie cheshire
Car: T D . 210,410.408

Re: Just got my Assoc RC10 and X Squared Kit - Building Help

Post by jayst »

dont build all the b4 m8 . build the front end and diff and shocks thats basically the x6 donor bits .
yellow mini spikes all round with schu medium inserts .
i wud say blue front springs 2 holes with 35 and rear silver springs with 2 holes with 30
jayst
Name: jamie cheshire
Car: T D . 210,410.408

Post by jayst »

or try the setup that comes with it . us ellis staffords setup
MeBeMikey
Name: Michael J.
Car: Xray T3 2011 spec

Post by MeBeMikey »

Ummmm...I am starting to think this car is waaaaaaaayyyy toooo fast. Wondering if I got the gearing right. I am running 22 and 80 sumthing that came with the kit. It's with a Mamba 5700kv on 45c orion lipo.

So far I have ordered the 78 spur which is what they recommend. I also ordered graphite front shock tower, quick battery removal kit thingy, aluminum 4 degree rear a arm mount thingy, Losi Xcellorin 6.5 brushless system (temporary til I decide what I want to get.), front and rear spring kits, X Factory Axle extenders to get more droop (installed already), ACE High Torque Digital Servo DS1015, 25, 30, 35, 40 shock oils, factory team blue shock caps (just like the blue stuff), LOTS of spares and OH...DO NOT LAUGH.....but I know you will. I got an RPM WIIIIIIIIIIIDE bumper if I find myself in trouble. Fingers crossed I wont need the dern thing.

See you all tomorrow. Cannot wait to take this thing out on the track.

Michael
Team BritUS
Xray T3 2012 spec: Tekin RS, Futaba BLS551, Orion and MooreSpeed lipos
Associated B4 w/X6 conversion and B44
Spektrum DX3r