Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

STONELEIGH PARK COUNTRY FESTIVAL 2009

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi all,

After such a successful Event lastyear, the STONELEIGH PARK COUNTRY FESTIVAL(formally the Town & Country) will be on again for 2009. This Event will be held for 3 Days over the Bank Holiday Weekend in AUGUST(Saturday 29th, Sunday 30th & Monday 31st), featuring MANY Attractions around the Showground.
In the Main Arena, there will be a Monster Truck Show(specially from the USA, inc BIGFOOT) & A Pony Show, as well as the Range Rover Register, which is a speciall Off-Road Course, designed to show the capabilities of 4x4 Vehicles.
Around the rest of the Showground, there'll be a Dog Show, Horse Show, Classic Car show, Art Exhibitions, Imagineering For Kids, Celebrity Chef Cookery Theatre, War Memorbelia & Stalls, so theres plenty to cater for everyone! There will also be a Bar, as well as the usual Food & Drink Vans, situated around the Park.

The most important part(for all of us anyway), is that COVENTRY MODEL CAR CLUB will be holding a Special 3 Day Club Meeting/Exhibition Event there.

They will be Catering for the Following Classes :

1/10th 2WD Electric Buggy
1/10th 4WD Electric Buggy
1/10th Nitro Truck
1/12th Truggy
1/8th Rally X
1/8th Truggy

I'm sure if theres enough of you 'Retro' Racers wanting to do this Event, there'll even give you yor own Class/Heat :D

THE TRACK :
It will be on a very Large Grass area, incorporating various sized Wooden Jumps, Table Top & I believe a Unique Cross Over Layout!

CAMPING :
If you have a TENT, you will be allowed to Camp by the Trackside over the Full Weekend........there are washing Facilities there.
If you have a CARAVAN, you'll have to park it on the dedicated Field opposite the Showground.

It would be great if we could get everyone from the Hinckley Club, to attend this Event, to give the Coventry Club some good Competition!
If your Intrested in Entering, please use the Link Below, to the get an ENTRY FORM :

http://www.dammit.org.uk/cmcc/forms/sto ... how_09.pdf

There will also be Entry Forms for this Event, at ALL of the Hinckley Club Meetings each Saturday, up until the Show.

PLEASE REMEMBER, YOU HAVE TO PRE-BOOK FOR THIS EVENT, AS YOU'LL BE SENT 2 TICKETS(1 for Racer & 1 for Mechanic - per Day)THROUGH THE POST IN ADVANCE & A VEHICLE PASS(to get in on the Day)

HERE ARE SOME PHOTOS OF THE TRACK WE HAD LASTYEAR :

SEE YOU THERE! 8)
jayst
Name: jamie cheshire
Car: T D . 210,410.408

Re: STONELEIGH PARK COUNTRY FESTIVAL 2009

Post by jayst »

who is goin to this , wot days and will u be camping ?
JamesG

Post by JamesG »

jayst wrote:who is goin to this , wot days and will u be camping ?
You are, all three days and yes you will be.
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Wacker1 »

Its looking like Mark Stevens, Ben Bridgwater, Paul Crocker, Jb, Shane West, Andy Slingsby, Martyn Ross, Jono Brook & me will be there so far........possibly Daz Lee, Nick Hudson, Craig Nutting & Justin/James Baker too.

I think Mark & Jono will be Camping.........not sure about the rest yet!

It would be good to see somemore Hinckley Guys Entering :D
deaks
Name: Scott Deakin
Car: T2 009

Post by deaks »

JamesG wrote:
jayst wrote:who is goin to this , wot days and will u be camping ?
You are, all three days and yes you will be.
Priceless!

Not sure if we will be going, I have to see what Conor wants to do as there is a TC event at Snetterton the same weekend. Would be cool to camp out....

Scott
"Sponge and a bit of Jam"
Dale
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dale Knight
Car: TOP Photon

Post by Dale »

The Knight duo will be in attendance but not sure what days yet. As for camping.............mmmmmmmm doubt it like my bed too much!!.
dogpinkscot
Name: Justin
Car: Atomic S2 Mega Dave

Post by dogpinkscot »

do'nt forget the girl on the horse that was great last year :D
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Wacker1 »

The Hinckley Club now has a bunch of Entry Forms for the 'STONELEIGH SHOW', which are located on our Clubs Outdoor Heat/Final Listing Board.

You REALLY need to get them 'Filled out' & Sent as soon as possible(preferably before Monday 24th August)

The Coventry Club will be holding Club Meetings this Thursday & next Thursday night(13th & 20th August), if you'd prefer to take the STONELEIGH Show Entry Forms & hand them directly over to Mark Ashforth.

You could also hand them over to a Coventry Commitee Member, this Sunday, as theres a BRCA Truggy National being held there.

The Stoneleigh Show is 2 weeks this Saturday, so not long left to wait! :D
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Wacker1 »

Just a quick Update!

The Stoneleigh Show is almost upon us(This Bank Holiday Weekend) :shock:

I was told by Tony Jephcott from the Coventry Club yesterday, that he still has somemore Vehicle Passes & Tickets left over :D

If your intrested in Racing at this Event at the Weekend, please get in touch with Tony or myself............the DEADLINE to pick up the Tickets will be at the Trackside of the Coventry Club, around 10.30am this Friday(there'll be there Loading up the Lorry with Track Markings, for the Stoneleigh Show.

There will be a Group of us going to the Show each Day, so if you'd like to follow us over, we'll be all Meeting at the usual Garage(next to the Harvester Restaurant & Hinckley Knight Pub) at 7.15am............this will give us plenty of time to get there, before the Gate Closing Deadline!

See you there!
Last edited by Wacker1 on Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wacker2
Name: Jon Seals(Wacker2)
Car: TLR 22

Post by Wacker2 »

I'll be there...

I've never camped over before but wouldn't mind camping over one night but I do not have a tent... Is there anybody else camping that has room for a little one??? Not sure whether I'll be wanting to stay over between saturday and sunday, or sunday and monday - havent made my mind up yet!!

Ta, Jon!
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi all,

It was DAY 1 of the 2009 STONELEIGH PARK COUNTRY FESTIVAL Today.......& what a fantastic 1st Day it was!

After an early Arrival & getting all of the RC Kit Set-up, we could all relax & enjoy some of the Sunshine.......eventhough there was abit of a cool Breeze!

The Track itself was huge! Giving us 1/10th Scale Electric Buggy Guys an Average Lap time of around 30 Seconds. It incorporated a Selection of Large Jumps, 2 of which were situated in a Figure of Eight style, making you Jump over Cars, on another part of the Track. There was a decent sized Back Straight, which followed onto a varied selection of Sweeping Corners & Chicanes, this then lead onto another Large Ramp & an extremely Steep Tall Table Top, before finishing you Lap on the Main Straight...Awesome! :lol:

We had 4 Qualifying Rounds of 6 Minutes(with your Best 2 to Count), followed by 2 Legged Finals(Each being 5 Minutes). This gave us a really good Days Racing!

It was good to see a decent bunch of HINCKLEY CLUB Racers supporting the Event, as its for 'HELP THE HEROES' & 'BEATING HEART DISEASE TOGETHER' Charities.

I THINK THAT THERE'LL BE EVENMORE HINCKLEY GUYS RACING THERE FOR DAY 2 TOMORROW, SO IT SHOULD BE EVEN BETTER!

HERE ARE SOME PHOTOS FROM TODAYS(DAY 1 - SATURDAY 29TH AUGUST)MEETING:

THE TRACK

IN THE PITS WITH HRCCC
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Wacker1 »

Yesterday & Today saw DAYS 2 & 3 of the STONELEIGH COUNTRY FESTIVAL.

Due to Wear, from Saturdays Racing, the Track was altered(& kept the same for Days 2 & 3), making it a far more Flowing Circuit. The Table Top & Ramps were also arranged in different Positions, giving more Visability on the run-ups to them!

As you'd expect from an Event like this, there was another decent turnout of Drivers(many from HRCCC), giving it there best, to make the Racing Exciting, Competitive & Clean!

We were pretty lucky with the Weather, as it was Dry with Sunny Spells all Weekend(apart from some Heavy Rain on the last Race of Day 2).........this benefitted some :lol:

It was good to see some of the 'old school' HRCCC Drivers, Racing & Camping there over the Full Weekend........it created a really good Atmosphere!

HERE ARE SOME PHOTOS FROM DAY 2 & 3 of the 2009 STONELEIGH SHOW :

THE TRACK

BACK IN THE PITS WITH HRCCC

ROLL ON NEXT YEAR!