Cheap Buggy's

Retro, 2WD and 4WD
Gazza
Forum Fisherman
Name: GAZZA
Car: Mardave V12

Cheap Buggy's

Post by Gazza »

While chating to the lads to day and about the new Ansmann range of buggys I was quite impressed so poped off to look at the range at Tonys models in leicester

http://www.tonysmodelsandhobbies.co.uk/ ... cat=134219

Four wheel drive Price: £54.99

And the MAD RAT
Included in the kit is a powerful 540 motor, pre-painted bodyshell and pre-built shock absorbers.

two wheel drive Price: £45.99

Hmm now which one shall I go for
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Re: Cheap Buggy's

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi Gazza,

I have to admit, those Ansmann Off-Road Buggies seem to be really good Value for Money!

Personally, out of the two, I'd go for the Ansmann 'Madrat'................mainly because the majority of Racers at the Hinckley Club run 2WD Buggies, making it the more Competitive Class. As its only 2WD, it would also be Cheaper & Easier to maintain as well!

I actually had a go with a 'Madrat' a couple of weeks ago, on the Grass Track at Coventry Club & was really Surprised on how Competitive it actually was! It handled exceptionally well, feeling very Predictable round the Corners, making it very easy to drive!
It looked the part as well, as the Bodyshell looks very Sleek...........having similar lines to the Losi XXXCR & Kyosho Ultima RB5 Buggies!

I dont think you can go wrong either, with a Kit Price of £45.99 :shock:

I think that Ansmann have just Released a 'X Pro' Version of the Madrat Kit as well, which has been 'Hopped Up' with Alloy Shocks, Slipper Clutch & Adjustable Turnbuckles! 8)