Traxxas slash 4x4

Retro, 2WD and 4WD
dan-lboro
Name: Daniel

Traxxas slash 4x4

Post by dan-lboro »

Hi,

I've been into radio controlled cars for many years now. I've just moved to narborough and am interested into getting into racing. I'm looking at getting a traxxas slash4x4. Just wanted to know whether anyone else at the club races this car? And if so what you thought of it?

Many thanks

Daniel
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Re: Traxxas slash 4x4

Post by Wacker1 »

Hi Daniel,

Welcome to the Hinckley Radio Control Car Club!!

Good to hear that you've Moved into our Area & that you're intrested in getting into some RC Racing! 8)

From what I've seen, the Traxxas Slash 4x4 is a 1/10th Scale Short Course Electric Truck. To be honest, I've never actually seen the Traxxas Slash going round any Tracks, as the majority of Racers that run Short Course Trucks go for the Associated, Durango or HPI. Personally, if you were to go down the route of Purchasing a SC Truck, then I'd go for the 3 alternatives I've mentioned, as those guys can Help you with Setups & if you Break something Trackside, there likely to carry the Spares & get you out of trouble.........theres nothing worse than Breaking a Car at a Club Meeting, that nobody else runs!! :(

Our Club Holds Meetings every Saturday & we do see a couple of Racers running Short Course Trucks from time to time, but the Majority run 2WD Buggies.

Not thought about Buying a 2WD Electic Buggy instead?
dan-lboro
Name: Daniel

Post by dan-lboro »

Thank you very much for your help and advice. I'm hoping to make an appearance and race on Saturday 19th July. Its a 4wd short course truck so I assuming there is a race category for this?

I did have a look at the other trucks that you advised, but i have a traxxas velineon brushless system and the quality, after sale service and manuals are brilliant. Will be interesting to see how it stands up to the other trucks!! My racing is slightly rusty at the minute though so will try and get some practice in the park before hand.

I haven't thought about a 2wd buggy before, but that's because i'm hoping to take the car for some serious off roading where i should want ground clearance and 4wd.

Really appreciate the advise. Thanks
Wacker1
Expert Member
Expert Member
Name: Dean Gibbs(Wacker1)
Car: Yoke BD8 17. YZ-2CA

Post by Wacker1 »

The Hinckley Radio Control Car Club ALWAYS welcomes anyone who wishes to Race their 1/10th Scale Electric Vehicle! :D

As I'd previously mentioned, virtually 99% of the Regular Club Racers run 2WD Buggies, so usually if someone comes down with either a 4WD Buggy, Stadium or Short Course Truck & theres not enough of them to run their own Heat(a Minimum of 4 Cars), then you'd be mixed in with the Majority.i.e the 2WD Buggies, so you'd still get an enjoyable days Racing in! 8)

Ideally, if you have any fellow Racers that are also into Short Course Trucks, then talk them into coming down to the Club to form your own fun Heat.

Alternatively, if you still have'nt Invested into Buying an OffRoad Vehicle of some sort yet, I'd suggest you come down to the Club one Saturday afternoon first, have a look at our Track, have a good look round the Pitting Area & chat with the Local Drivers, as they can give you Advice & someone may possibly let you have a go with one of their Cars during Practice! :)